“Diving with Dive Urge” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 25 Dahab B&B and Inns
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Diving with Dive Urge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

My son and I had the pleasure of spending a week with the Dive Urge team earlier this year. We there to take our PADI Open Water diving course. From when we arrived to when we left we simply could not have been looked after any better. The diving instructor was fantastic and very patient so we always felt totally safe. The support team were equally great from keeping us fed and watered to making sure that we were ready to dive.

There really was a family atmosphere to the centre. All in all a wonderful place to learn to dive. This was our first trip but I am sure that we will be back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
Thank you for your comments re wonderful place to learn to dive....we think so too! look forwrad to seeing you back here for your Advanced Course

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Please, don't tell around that there is an excellent, small resort in Dahab with an outstanding crew for fine dive-experiences. Friendly staff al around the resort to make you feel comfortable. Only one problem located: once you're there you wouldn't want to leave the place but stay for much longer :-)
We want to keep the secret

Joost & Marion
The Netherlands

Room Tip: all rooms are fine, those with the seaside have an extra value
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
We understand your need to keep Dive Urge the best kept secret in Dahab but don't worry we will always provide a place for you :)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

We've stayed at Dive Urge before and every time is brilliant. It's family approach makes you feel at home from the moment you arrive and they went above and beyond to look after us. We were travelling this time with our 3 month old daughter and they even helped get us nappies at a good price!

• Stayed November 2013
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
We aim at a home feel and thanks for letting us know we got it right. We are proud to be a family business who takes cares of all the details, even down to nappies.
Markfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have just returned from my 2nd visit to dive-urge and again it tick's all the right box's.
This trip I was with my wife who, although a qualified diverr, hadn't dived for 2yrs.
I was confident after diving on an earlier visit with Ahmed that he would see her safely through her scuba review session and give her the confidence to go under the wave's again.
We were not disappointed.
he was patient with Amanda and took her through the scuba review question's step by step, then in the water, explaining and demonstrating the exercise's he wanted to perform. The outcome was that once the scuba review was over and we proceeded with the dive I had a very confident dive buddy for the rest of the holiday.
Dive-urge itself has still maintained the high standard's that it's many returning guest's have come to expect, it is clean, well maintained and cared for, with staff that will do everything possible to make your stay an absolute pleasure.
My wife say's to mention that the wonderful, freshly made pancakes she had for breakfast every day, in the sunshine, on the beach were the best way to start the day she can think of.
Me, I recommend the omelettes.
We ate at Dive-urges restaurant, food-Urge, 5 night's and everything we tried was superb, again the seafood platter was exceptional.
Dive-Urge is a lot quieter than it should be at this time of the year, as is Dahab in general because of this, in my opinion, ridiculous security warning in place. So come-on, if you want to try a holiday in Dahab, now is a good time to visit, stay at Dive-Urge and you won't be disappointed..
Hopefully we will get back again this year.
Best wishes to everyone at Dive-Urge, see you soon.

Room Tip: the sea view rooms maybe just a little bit bigger with windows that look out towards the sea but may...
Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
We love that you brought your wife here to enjoy the Dive Urge experience, and so glad you both enjoyed it, look forward to seeing you next time.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

Before travelling back to Dive Urge in Dahab for my 4th visit I was aware of the media coverage and Foreign Office advice regarding all but necessary travel in Egypt. I was also aware of the posts and reviews online from visitors to Dive Urge reporting how unnecessary this advice is and how safe they felt. So if I am honest it was with a smidgen of anticipation that my partner and I hopped off the aircraft at Sharm and made our way into arrivals.

We were greeted immediately with the welcoming smile of Coco from Dive Urge and that was the last we saw of any concerns regarding our safety. Arriving at Dahab and the entrance to Dive Urge always has a feel of a family reunion rather than traditional holiday 'check-in' and that is at the very heart of the Dive Urge ethos.

I obtained my Advanced and Rescue qualifications at Dive Urge and believe that the quality of training, excellent facilities and considerate attitude towards sustainability and the environment have made me the confident diver that I am today. Plus there is the small fact that all of this is packaged within some of the best Dive sites worldwide so you will understand why there was no other choice when choosing somewhere to introduce my partner to diving and her Openwater qualification. It was a decision that was absolutely right in every way.

The facilities are still exceptional, the accommodation and dive club surroundings are immaculate, the training (thanks to Mamduh) was impeccable and the whole team at Dive Urge are just the most wonderful, caring and helpful people you could hope to share your holiday experience with.

Once again my diving with Ahmed was just wonderful. Despite living in Dahab for many years and diving the same sites on many occasions his passion and excitement during each and every dive is thoroughly contagious and despite my many attempts to spot something exciting before him I failed every time as he pointed out creatures great and small with rapid fire. I have to say that my final Dive with him at the Lagoon (Ras Abu Gallum) was one of the highlights of my diving career and left me in shear awe at the beauty and magnificence of diving in this area with an instructor who has the knowledge, passion and nature of Ahmed.

It is for all of these reasons that the current foreign office advice to avoid travel to areas including Dahab is not only an unnecessary knee-jerk reaction to recent events and completely unjustified but it is proving to be devastating to the local economy and community. For a town that should be reaching its prime season for tourism it felt unnaturally quiet and speaking to local shop owners and locals the consequences of the Foreign Office advice are hitting the town hard. Walking through the streets of Dahab at night I felt and knew that I was safer than making the same journey back home in West London.
In my mind the logic behind this decision feels equivalent to advising against travel to Devon based on troubles in Northern Ireland. Incidents being reported in the media are not a direct threat to Dahab visitors any more than areas such as Sharm which the foreign office ironically deems as safe. I would like to suggest that those responsible for publishing such advice at the Foreign Office pop across to Dahab to experience the threat for themselves but would need to add my own words of caution to them before they make the journey. Be very careful when visiting this town as you are almost certain to experience beautiful culture, wonderful food, friendly locals and all of this packaged in a safe and welcoming environment that feels a home from home.
It is that sense of homeliness that made it, once again, a sad moment when leaving Dive Urge on the last day. My partner is now a new addition to the Dive Urge family who I miss very much and would like to thank each and every individual for their wonderful hospitality and yet again providing me with memories and experiences that I will cherish forever.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Many thanks for your kind comments, my favorite of which was "Dive Urge always has a feel of a family reunion rather than traditional holiday 'check-in' and that is at the very heart of the Dive Urge ethos "
Lichfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

What a fantastic place to learn to dive! Brilliant instructor, very patient and very thorough. Wonderful food and service!Lovely small family run hotel, directly on the beach, The owners take a personal interest in their guests and a dinner in the mountains is included in the bed and breakfast price as is bottled water. I will be going back! Please watch Dahab Happy video on youtube and know how warm and safe it is.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but i will take a plug in mosquito zapper next time
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Loved having you and your son here. The Dahab Happy Video you recommended (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLRJKKHNueI) really shows how safe Dahab is. Looking forward to a return trip soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I had an amazing time with Duve Urge - a beautiful setting, excellent diving and the staff are so friendly and helpful, they can't do enough for you. It is such a shame that people are staying away from Egypt, particularly Dahab, because of what they have read in the media and in travel advice. Not once did I feel unsafe and I really don't understand where the media and travel advisors are getting their information from because people truly are missing out on such a magical place! I will definitely be returning to Dahab and Dive Urge this year and probably more than once

• Stayed March 2014
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, March 23, 2014
The negative travel advise for this area is now becoming a joke and thanks to you for this positive comment, i think it is clear that it is for no real reason at all to not come and enjoy your holiday here in Dahab.

Been to Dive Urge? Share your experiences!