“Best holiday!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 25 Dahab B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Best holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I booked Dive Urge as my first holiday alone to get some sunshine and do my PADI Open Water course. Within moments of being met at Sharm airport, I was in great company with the other guests, laughing heartily as we headed through the desert to Dahab. The week just kept getting better & better with so much fun and laughter.

The company of the other guests, the warmness and helpfulness of the Dive Urge team and the wonderful location made my trip better than I could have hoped for. The food at Dive Urge is far tastier than any of the food we had outside the hotel. The Bedouin mountain dinner camel trip was so special. Sitting in candle light in a mountain valley by a campfire watching shooting stars and eating sumptuous, freshly barbecued food and bread we'd helped make.

The course was hard work but our dive instructor, Ahmed, was calm, patient and really lovely company. The dive sites at Dahab are wonderful and I am really grateful that our 'contained water' dives were in the sea, not in a swimming pool, as it meant we were already familiarised with the environment before our open water dives. The coral and fish were the most diverse and colourful I've ever seen - and you can snorkel straight onto the reef off the hotel's beach! The visibility was great at 15m. I ended up on a roll and doing the Advanced Open Water qualification too, which meant doing wonderful, exciting dives at the Canyon, The Bells, Blue Hole and a night dive too.

All in all, it was the most fantastic holiday and I can't imagine a better introduction to diving and to Sinai than doing it with Dive Urge.

Unforgettable - can't wait to go back. Book yourself in now before I book it all up myself!

Room Tip: I stayed in a garden chalet, which was lovely and cosy, quiet and opened onto the lovely, central ga...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
We are glad that single travelers, like yourself, are so comfy and at home here. We loved having you here and congratulations on passing both your PADI Open Water and your PADI Advanced Course, a great accomplishment.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ilminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My 18 year old sons and I enjoyed our holiday immensely!
They completed their PADI open water and advanced diver courses during out 10 day stay. The dive instructors, Ahmed and Lisa, were excellent, patient and gave them confidence.
I enjoyed relaxing on the beach and reading. I went with them to some dive sites and enjoyed snorkelling.
The food was great, huge portions which satisfied the hungry teenagers! We were served by Nisimi (sorry if that is spelled wrong), with a smile and friendly greeting every day and every meal. And the meals were very reasonably priced.
The free bottled water is inspired, and I am sure contributes to keeping guests healthy. Many places only give 1L free per day, any more costs dearly or has to be 'smuggled in' , Having unlimited water to drink kept us hydrated.
The rooms were really comfortable and well decorated. The problem we had when we arrived with one room was quickly rectified with a change of room, without a fuss and with a smile.
Dahab is about 10minutes stroll away on a good path. Take a torch for returning at night as some sections are not well lit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
We are glad you liked the unlimited water as part of the inclusive package and as a result we always have well hydrated guests which keeps everyone happy and healthy. Thank you for your comments and look forward to your return.
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was our second visit to Dive Urge. The four of us completed our PADI Open Water at Dive Urge in 2010 and returned to do our Advanced Open Water. Ahmed was excellent, again, at teaching and looking after us. We also enjoyed a couple of fun dives with Lisa. Really enjoyed our night & islands dives; the Blue Hole & Canyon were also spectacular. The location of Dive Urge with Eel Gardens right in front of you make for excellent snorkeling straight from the sun lounger. The friendly care and service from the whole Dive Urge team helped us enjoy a truly relaxing and refreshing stay. Inclusive airport transfers were efficient and trouble free, extra touches like the complimentary laundry service, bottled water, bedouin dinner, wi-fi, breakfasts and of course the pool table were much appreciated. The relaxed atmosphere was infectious and we enjoyed sharing experiences with the other guests. Many thanks to Lynne, Helal & the Dive Urge team. We will be back again...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
As a family run dive center we do appreciate the needs of families on holiday and are very glad you enjoyed the new inclusive package. Lovely to have you back, see you next year for your PADI Rescue Course.
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Dive Urge gave us absolutely everything and more we wanted from our holiday. I am experienced diver but now having to deal with a disability that affects my strength and mobility - but very keen to get back in the water. Kimberly was amazing, working with me all week to get my confidence back, my skills back up to speed and working out what help I needed for getting kit together, into my wetsuit, into the water, kit on and ready to go (and of course the reverse after we finished a dive!) But it didn’t take much working out she seemed to know from day one what I wanted and needed. I am busy recommending a trip here to all my friends with disabilities!

My partner and I have never felt so relaxed as we were at the end of our visit to Dive Urge. The combination of
- fabulous , varied diving with excellent dive guides and instructors
- intuitive help for me that allowed my partner to focus on and enjoy his own diving without worrying about me
- a lovely, friendly, smiling team of staff that are there for your every need
- gorgeous food in a beachside setting
- a place far enough from the bustle of town to be quiet and chilled, but close enough to be easily pushed there in my wheelchair if needed

As we sat in the Bedouin area with a beer in hand at the end of our visit we were amazed that a pair of people who never go anywhere twice (as there are always other places to visit, explore and enjoy) were already planning when a return visit would be possible.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
We are so pleased to be able to extend the joy of diving to our disabled guests or in fact anyone with limited mobility.
Toulouse, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Not the cheapest option but definitely great personal service, friendly dive team and excellent knowledge of the local dive sites.

We dived with Ahmed all week and he was great fun and made our week away a great experience. He recommended dive sites based on our experience and what we wanted to see. We are both advanced OW divers and Dive Urge selected top sites for our level.

Kimberley in the office was really helpful and friendly and sorted all our dives and equipment out for us super quick so we were out diving the same day.

A great set-up really professional and would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I love this quote and it does sum it up for me 'The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten' and as we operate on a small scale our costs are higher but means we can give the personal service which you obviously loved.
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We are a family of 1 very experienced advanced diver, 1 open water diver and our two boys (12 and 13) who were keen to take their open water qualification. We had a fantastic time and found the Dive Urge team ready and willing to accomodate all of our needs. In fact everyone was so relaxed, friendly and helpful we had an absolutely wonderful holiday and will most definately go back! Dahab is decidedly third world but difference is the point of travel! Dive Urge is a safe and comfortable oasis and we loved it! The diving is superb and no matter the wind and weather there is always a suitable site to go to. The trips into the mountains for Bedoin dinner and to Ras Abu Gallum for a day expedition (camel riding and diving superb unspoilt reefs) are memorable and fabulous experiences. All in all a great place, wonderful relaxed family vibe and chilled atmosphere!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at Dive Urge, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
We’re always happy to welcome young divers to Dive Urge, it’s such a pleasure to see families diving together and the next generation fall in love with diving as much as we do! Very glad you enjoyed the Camel Safari, our trips are a great way to discover the gorgeous untouched reefs surrounding Dahab. Hopefully the boys will enjoy the trips even more when they come back and do their Advanced Open Water :)
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Travelling on my own is always a tricky business, but I could not have chosen a better place to stay. Staff are so friendly that you feel you are part of the family, Ahmed is a wonderful dive instructor and he made me feel at ease immediately. After completing my Open Water PADI we went on fun dives, although the ones before were just as brilliant. Moray Gardens, the Islands, the three Pools..all wonderful dive sites especially for a beginner like me. So, if you are a single traveller like me, if you are worried about being on your own, if you want to do your PADI or continue learning - this is the place you want to be! Everything is organised really well, the pick up from the airport, the Bedouin mountain dinner..simply a wonderful place to stay. Being Austrian there is really nothing more to say than 'I'll be back!'

Room Tip: I had the sea view, it does get a bit loud with the stray dogs, but the view is unbeatable! And th...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Lynne G, Owner at Dive Urge, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
It is great to know that our single guests are comfy here as it is important to us that everyone feels at home.

Been to Dive Urge? Share your experiences!