“Ninth visit and still happy” 4 of 5 stars

The Bedouin Moon Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Blue Hole Road, PO Box 60, Dahab, Egypt   |
Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Dahab
uk
“Ninth visit and still happy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

A great basic hotel with superb staff, a great welcome, good food, a lovely pool and a good friendly/family atmosphere. Having just returned from our ninth visit to this hotel having met and dived with (Reef 2000 attached) friends. The approach can be summarised by a phone call to our transfer taxi from the manager to see if we would like sandwiches on arrival as the restaurant would be closed at our 11 o'clock arrival. A beer, a sleep, breakfast and straight out diving the next day. PS if you are worried about safety in Dahab don't drive to the airport in the uk it is more dangerous. Dahab is very peaceful and the local Bedouin very friendly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I had arrived at a point in my life where I was able to follow my own heart and wishes. Without reading and listening any news or weather reports I flew out to Egypt not knowing what to expect - except my personal freedom. Egypt was as peaceful as I remembered it from over 10 years ago and having met the hotel staff/management it quickly added a family vibe to my holiday. I stayed in a sea view room and left the curtain half open to be woken up by the sunrise every morning. The beds are super comfortable and the room has everything you need. After I extended my holiday I was able to check out a superior room. Beautifully designed room with generously devided bed/bathroom. I was sad to leave but know I will be back as soon as I can. The Bedouin Moon has become my second home.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Gravesend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Spent another lovely week at the Bedouin Moon in Dahab. This was my 5th time at this hotel and I absolutely love it there. The hotel has stayed the same since my 1st visit in 2006 (with some updating to the rooms) and many of the staff have become friends, welcoming us back each time with their wonderful hospitality. This is a special place to stay, very informal, small and non touristy. Nice rooms and clean, the pool is stunning, the food is good and very reasonable.
Dahab town is small enough to not get lost in, it has a good selection of restaurants and shops and is easily reached by a cheap taxi (everyone loves the Dahab taxis) or you can walk and take in the local scenery.
The attached dive centre Reef 2000 is very professional and will take you on some leisurely local dives (recommended by me) and there is even a boat dive arranged weekly if you can tear yourself away.
Special thanks to all the staff of the Bedouin Moon, particularly Gilly the Diva who keeps everything running so well, Hany who made us laugh a lot. Floh for his great dive centre and dive guides Adam, Dan and Kamal who deserves a medal after being landed with us for a full thee days. Hope to see you all again next year, if not before.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Marbella, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

So sorry for this late review. Dave & I stayed in April & had the most fabulous time. We'd never been to Egypt before & didn't want to go to a typical tourist hang-out. Dahab was a fabulous choice. We chose The Bedouin Moon because of the great reviews of both the hotel & the apricot tagine !!! This hotel was a great choice for us, clean, friendly, hot water & wifi. We're not divers but that didn't matter - we were made just as welcome. A special thank-you must go to Lucy at breakfast & the lovely omelette man - never did master his name. Lucy is a mind of information about the hotel, its services & Dahab in general. We had a great time & would say to anybody to visit Dahab - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I have just returned from my 16th stay at the Bedouin Moon. I have never posted a review before. Everyone else's seemed to say it all - lazy I know. However, this time I really wanted to say my piece.
I think 16 holiday's over 10 years probably says it all, but the Bedouin Moon is now home from home. It is a charming hotel that is friendly, quiet, and sums up everything that is beautiful about Egypt. Most importantly, at the moment, people need to understand that it is 100% SAFE!!! Despite the FO warnings!! We didn't see or hear of any trouble. The only trouble is how quiet it is, places are really suffering because of it.
Yes the rooms are basic, but they are clean and functional, how much time do you really spend in the room anyway?? The pool area has one of the best views in Dahab, sitting there on a still day hearing call to prayer really can't be beaten.
Breakfast and food in general is lovely. Staff can't do enough for you and may of them are now good friends. In fact, I have made many new life long friends over the years.
Diving is the main reason people visit Dahab, and Reef2000 attached to the hotel can't be beaten. Everyone is friendly, professional and enthusiastic about what they do. From learning to dive, to just fun diving, they will do everything they can to make your experience the best it could be.
Please remember it is safe over there and Nationwide will insure you even with the amber warning. You won't regret it and will probably still be visiting in 10 years time like me!!

Room Tip: Mountain View rooms are beautiful and cooler than the sea view rooms in the summer months.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Cairo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Coming back to Bedoin moon is coming home. I have been here now quite often and each time there is something improved, something changed... but the athmosphere stays the same. Excellent staff, wonderful food, fair prices, nice and clean rooms... I will be back!! So to all of you out there not getting their guts up to do the drive from Sharm to Dahab: there is no problem in that road, Dahab is safe and relaxed and easy as it always has been! Go and see for yourself!!

Room Tip: I would always recommend the mountain view room: especially during the summer they are keeping out t...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

A fantastic place surrounded by lovely friendly people! I went to Dahab to go Scuba diving and I have no regrets what so ever! If you are planing on scuba diving I would email Reef2000 instead of booking through an external website as I did. simply because this way you can decide exactly how much you want to do once you get there. The dive sites are beautiful with an incredible staff! You honestly couldn't ask for more. I cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are in perfect location. Any room is just as good as the other.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to The Bedouin Moon Hotel? Share your experiences!