“A-MAZ-ING!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #43 of 84 Activities in Dahab
More attraction details
Owner description: Dahab Horse Club offers you the choice of some of the very best individually created equestrian holidays in Egypt. Whether you are a beginner looking to try something new, an experienced rider looking for exhilaration and excitement, or maybe just looking for time to relax and enjoy some breathtaking scenery from horseback we have a variety of horse riding holidays to suit you. Priding ourselves on personal service, We are knowledgeable horse lovers dedicated to designing you the best possible horse riding holiday. If you would like more information about our holidays please contact us so that we can advise you. We cater for all ages and abilities, if you cannot find your perfect holiday we will tailor make a holiday especially for you. We offer daily hacks, long weekends and safaris over several days. We can arrange hotels, airport pickups, and all your holiday needs, both equestrian and external tours. At the heart of our business is our respect for horses and the value they have added to man throughout the ages. We feel the horse helps remind us of the strong link between humans and environment. In addition we recognize the benefits that horse-riding gives to individuals.We would be delighted to also tailor make your excursions on request and we look forward to welcoming you to our home, our riding school and our beautiful country.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“A-MAZ-ING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I was looking for something special to do for my 50th Birthday while my husband, daughter and I were on holiday in Sharm. I came across the Dahab Horse Riding Club and thought maybe a little horse riding on my actual day might be nice! NICE, it was AMAZING!
I was in contact with Emma in London, she arranged a day that started with flowers and a card delivered to my hotel room, could not say what a smashing start to our day this was. We were then collected and driven to Dahab, about an hour’s drive away, we then went to a little cafe to meet Sam and have a drink and a freshly baked cheese croissant, which I must say was the nicest croissant I have ever tasted. Then on to the beach to meet our horses, they were well cared for and healthy looking, which we were glad about. My daughter and I are riders but haven’t ridden for a few years, my husband has never ever sat on a horse, and his only time in a saddle was a Blackpool Beach Donkey. He was so well looked after, someone walked alongside him the full time we were out, well over 2 hours, we rode all along the beach, it was glorious, baking hot and blooming glorious!
We stopped for lunch at a perfect little cafe on the beach, lunch was lovely, the cafe man was kind and helpful, he even brought us all some flippers so that we could snorkel while our lunch was being freshly cooked. I was then treated to a gorgeous Birthday cake, all decorated with fresh fruit, it was delicious, all the cafe then sang me happy Birthday in Egyptian, I did not think the day could be any more perfect... I was wrong!
We left the cafe and went to the ‘harbour’ area where we boarded a boat, it was a bit hair raising walking the plank, but we were safe and well looked after by the boat man, I can’t remember his name, which is a shame because he was lovely. We went out into the bay, we snorkelled, then we fished which was just heavenly, we were just floating about in the water it was still and quiet, the moon was bright, the sun was setting behind the mountains and it was just heavenly!
I cannot praise this company highly enough, we started out as customers but I would say when we left Sam and Ali to return to Sharm it was like leaving 2 friends, and I can honestly say they will be friends we definitely want to see again, as soon as we are back in Egypt- which is such a beautiful Country!
Thank you Emma, Sam, Ali and all your people who made my 50th Birthday a day to remember. Sam took lots of photos that he said he would send to Emma to send on to us and I can’t wait to see them. This was an absolute perfect day and if would recommend anyone visiting Sharm who is or isn't a rider but is looking for a perfect day out to contact Emma through their own website!.

Visited October 2013

Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Nervous beginner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife wanted to go riding on our holiday and I agreed to give it a go whilst we were there.
The club knew that I hadn't ridden before and I was given a horse suitable for my needs.
We were collected from Sharm el Sheikh and were driven to a cafe where we were offered drinks and buns and introduced to the staff who explained what we were going to do. We then had a short drive to where the horses were waiting.
We were all given helmets and I was helped onto my horse and told that I would have a guide to walk with me for as long as I wanted.
We then set off fro a 2 hour trek round the bay. The other members of the family went at their pace and I went at mine. I had a nervous start and was concerned that I would fall off but this didn't happen. As they saw my confidence increase, they asked if I wanted an increase in speed and I had a few trots to catch the others up. Even for someone of my age and nervousness, the staff made sure that this was a fun experience.
At the end of the trek, we stopped at a local eaterie for lunch and a snorkel. The coral and marine life was ok but the cooling swim was welcome.
After lunch, we were taken to the docks and went out on a boat for the afternoon. We all had a snorkel and then invited to do a spot of line fishing. This was more fun than I imagined even though we didn't catch a single fish but others caught several.
We then got back to shore to catch the taxi home just as it got dark.
This turned out to be a really fun day and better than any of us imagined. The staff were all fantastic and nothing was too much trouble. A special thanks to Sam, Ali and the rest of the team for making this a fantastic day out and trying horse riding for the first time is far better in sunny Dahab than cold England.

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We went as a family of 4 for an hour riding to the lagoon area. This was, quite truthfully, stunning.

We were staying in Sharm and the trip was organised between Emma and Tim & Janet at Sinai Safari. The drive takes about an hour, through the mountains. Dahab is simply beautiful.

We were met by Sam and Ali, our guides, who stayed with us throughout. My family are novice, but confident, riders, with the exception of myself (bad fall previously). Sam put me at complete ease, leading the horse, and even holding my hand when I started panicking.

After riding, we went for lunch on the beach at Dahab and just relaxed for the afternoon, beautiful. Great food.

All in all, we had a fab time, well recommended.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“A Magical Time!!! A Must For All Equestrians”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We read quite a lot of reviews before choosing this stables, and this was defiantly the best choice as we were concerned about the welfare of the horses ( you hear such horror stories) The horses here are well looked after, they are happy, healthy. We booked the days hack in the Sinai Desert.

The landscape is magical, away from all the tourist noise and hustle and bustle. My wife and I were picked up in Sharm at 9am, and arrived in Dahab at 10am. On arrival we were served tea and cake, before being introduced to our horses for the day. Arab horses are smaller in size, but be under no illusion, they are fast and full of power.

Ali our guide told us the horses do not work every day like many of the conveyer belt stables. Horses are chosen for the riders, and the day before rested completely and given lots of food to give them “power”

This made us very happy as equestrian fans. The day itself was spell binding, such a relaxed way to spend the day. Thanks to Emma in the London office, the guys in Dahab who took amazing care of us.
Great service, lovely day!

Visited July 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing time - well worth doing !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We booked via Emma at the London office, comms were quick, responsive and first class. Blue Hole Day is a couple of few hours riding, Emma asked us lots about our riding ability during the booking, and our horses were perfectly chosen. My girlfriend and I are both keen riders, and everything they say about Arab horses is true – such spirit! We stopped for a private picnic at lunchtime, the food was incredible, staying here for a couple of hours, we had so down time, snorkelling for an hour, before heading off on another 2 hours ride back. Thanks to Emma in London, Ali and Sam our guides, the horses were well looked after, you can truly see they are very loved. An excellent day out, high recommended.

Visited August 2013