“Many thanks for yet another great week” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 83 Activities in Dahab
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Just meters from the teeming waters of the Red Sea and the famous Lighthouse reef this year Red Sea Relax celebrates 10 years of providing quality diving services at great value prices!
Peterborough
3 attraction reviews
“Many thanks for yet another great week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Yet another great week with Red Sea Relax Dive Centre (RSR). They are a highly professional operation with customer focussed staff and quality equipment.
Unlike a number of operations in the area, they are fully registered with all the various authorities and fully insured.
All guides are fully vetted to ensure that they provide the level of customer care that would be expected of a 5 Star IDC Resort.
Management are friendly and courteous at all times offering good advice on dive sites and were very happy to organise two boat trips at very short notice.
We were allocated Karim, a local Egyptian Divemaster with a detailed knowledge of all the sites, as our guide for the week and asked if we would join a group of Dutch divers who were already booked in. Karim is a very personable young man who was extremely friendly and made the whole week a very enjoyable experience.
Without doubt this has to be the most professional dive operation in Dahab and I can't recommend it highly enough, they will bend over backwards to do everything possible to ensure you enjoy your time with them.

Dahab, Janub Sina', Egypt
“Professionalism & Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I did my Advanced PADI with these guys and I have to say I wish I had do ne my Open Water with them too! I instantly knew I was in good hands which in turn made my confidence grow. There were no hidden costs and you knew this was more than just a job to them, they really care about what they do. Thank you Sophia and Paul for your knowledge, patience and last but not least humour....I can't recommend you enough!

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
“Yet another amazing week - THANK YOU”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

This was our fourth time diving with Red Sea Relax, and once again it was excellent. Laib back atmosphere, excellent service*. I managed 14 dives in 6 days, including one night dive. We saw all of the main sites around Dahab, and our guide was brilliant. He found us lots of interesting and more obscure life to look at underwater.

I can't recommend these guys highly enough - one of the most professionally run dive centres I've visited around the world!

* Note the dive centre is open from about 8:30am to 5pm. I notice one previous reviewer was unhappy not to get service outside those hours, but as only hotel and bar staff are on site then it's perhaps hardly suprising. On request the dive centre stays open late for night dives.

Durban, South Africa
5 attraction reviews
“Fabulous diving at Dahab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I was thrilled with the service received at this dive charter. We had just come off a live aboard dive package and went onto Dahab for some shore entry dive experience. The hotel we were booked into had a dive charter that the group was to dive with, but this charter wanted us to all do two skills test dives before they would take us diving. My husband and I were the least experienced divers, at advanced certified and with 70 dives under our belts. The majority in our group were dive masters and instructors! By chance we were attracted to Red Sea Relax Resort. They have 5 top awards given by PADI Diving Concern for excellence. Paul, the manager was most helpful and was able to accommodate our group with very little notice. Our tour leader went down to see Paul and we were booked to dive the following day. 3 of our party came to Dahab to dive the Blue Hole before they left us for a tour of Cairo. They only had one day to do the dive before flying.
Sophie, Paul's wife was our Dive Master and she is a careful, caring and most informative DM. She gave us a good briefing before the dive, made sure everyone was comfortable, led the dives at a gentle pace so that you could take time to look for the small creatures and to fully appreciate the beautiful reefs. She was mindful of everyone's air reserves and ensured that no one drifted too deep.
Everyone in our group was most impressed with the leading of the dive and the friendly reception we received, before, during and after the dives.
Red Sea Relax were flexible with the number of dives and the location of the dives that members of our party wanted. Some of the group had dived the area a few times and knew the dives sites well and these very experienced divers were there to find particular species and were advised where they may find them. My husband and I did a 10 dive package as we were there for the longest time and had never dived Dahab before. Every day we saw something new and exciting. In all we had three different dive masters and every one led their dives well and gave us good care and information. All were relaxed and allowed us to enjoy exploring the world under the water.
I particularly enjoyed the locker availability offered. We were able to lock away our belongings while we were diving and the same service was offered for our dive gear overnight. This was so convenient. We didn't have to carry heavy bags to and from the hotel every day.
Both my daughters and their partners dive and I would love to go back to Red Sea Relax Resort for a family diving experience. If we can, I will give the Red Sea Relax Resort Hotel a try. We heard only good reports from guests that we met on our dives.

Visited July 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
3 attraction reviews
“Not for serious divers. Careless management.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I booked a 10 dive five day diving package online. Paul the manager confirmed my booking. When I arrived shortly after 6pm, he had gone home for the day. As a diving instructor, I make it a rule to speak to the manager about their diving activities, safety standards, ratios and overall diving strategy before making the "final plunge". I asked to speak to the diving manager, and the person at the reception said he had gone for the day and would not want to speak to me. I insisted, explaining that I only had a couple of questions. Paul was short and curt on the phone and simply said that "diving is different every day", refusing to give any details. Needless to say, I went across the street to another dive center, "Dahabs Crocodile".
At that different diving center I was personally greeted by the owner, who proceeded to introduce me to the instructor that would be going out tomorrow, told about the dives planned for the day, weather permitted, explained that they had a small group for the next week and that they would be very flexible in accommodating my diving desires and demands. This is the type of service divers should insist on!

I did not go back to Red Sea Relax. It felt like they did not want my business nor care about customer service. If you are a serious diver that demands quality service, I would suggest you stay away from Red Sea Relax