“Best place to stay in the Red Sea!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   Mashraba Palm Tree Garden, Dahab 46617, Egypt   |
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Dahab
Certificate of Excellence 2014
paris, france
“Best place to stay in the Red Sea!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This hotel makes it so easy that you find yourself coming back, again and again in my case! Exactly what you want on your holiday, easy and hassle free. The hotel can arrange everything for you, such as transfers (exactly 1hr from the aiport) or scuba diving or driving into the desert to get the whole Bedouin experience although the hotel is Bedouin owned so you can just stay and chill-out by the pool.

Rooms are exactly as they were when I first went a few years ago, when I returned last year and again this year. No mean feat in a desert to keep the place dust free! The bed is massive and very comfortable. Good shower. Town is just round the corner on foot, literally which is where we went for dinner in the evening although we did sometimes just stay in the hotel restaurant for ease and because service is good and the food and you're sitting by the pool. Very relaxing.

What I also appreciate is the fact that although I was joining friends, I was travelling on my own and staying on my own and I never had any feelings with regards to my safety. Never had any hints of anything. Great! And just loved it when I saw a Bedouin in his robes at the airport holding a sign and just knew that it was for me! Very good driver so a great start right from landing at the airport. I smile as I write!

What's not to like really?! Writing this review is wetting my appetite for another visit sometime soon..! Thank you Rasha for managing the hotel and bossing all those men about! Love it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sheikh Ali D, Guest Relations Manager at Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear David59.

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking your time to review Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort. We really appreciate the time and effort you put into that.

We are happy that our work, trying to keep Sheikh Ali Dahab a place that you would want to return to, is notices - and appreciated.

We are very pleased that you had a great time with us and that our beds/matresses are of your liking. Thank you for your words about the cleanliness, our location, the restaurant and our service.

We are glad that you found yourself safe in Dahab traveling alone, this is very important to us.
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and many thanks for your recommendations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sinai’s first all suite hotel.

Rasha, Gabaly & the Sheikh Ali team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stumbled upon Sheikh Ali after a weary search in Dahab for a good bed and firm mattress, something that isn't particularly easy to find. From the moment i made the telephone call I was welcomed with such warmth and invited to come and view their rooms, and test the bed. What a gem of a place to stumble upon. I have been visiting Dahab for 25 years, my first experience was staying at the one and only camp on this beautiful bay back in the day when we had to pull our own water from the well, and the beach was lined with nothing but palm trees, sand and camels. As the years have rolled on, my comfort levels have increased. I've stayed at many places in Dahab, usually on short visits, and yet none have really ticked the box completely for me in terms of privacy, quiet, sweet water showers, and a good firm mattress for a dodgy back condition. Voila! Sheikh Ali had it all! The location is fantastic, nearby the shops and laguna, and although it doesn't have a beach view, i really didn't find that an issue. A short walk through the resort leads you to the beach in 5 mins. In all my years travelling, to many world locations, I have NEVER slept on a bed as comfortable as theirs. Even my orthopaedic mattress at home didn't even come close to the comfort of these enormous beds! And they are enormous! I could roll over 3 times and not even reach the other side! Beds aside, the suites are exceptional! The egyptian linen is crisp and high quality, with a choice of pillows offering different levels of softness and support and a range of towels also. The bathrooms are built and designed from marble, and the walk in hot showers are full power with the sweetest water in Dahab. A varied range of soft towels are available and a hairdryer for the ladies too. The living area provided two comfortable armchairs, a table, fridge, wardrobe and television with very generous counter spaces and storage options. The aircon worked perfectly. The bedside table lamps offered beautiful soft ambient light - no harsh lighting here! All in all, the spaciousness of the suites was wonderful. The other touches, heavy curtains, to block out light, with softer curtains providing light and privacy. Full sliding doors opening onto the terrace, and the cleanliness was of an exceptionally high standard. You could eat off the floors if you were so inclined (though i wouldn't' recommend it), offering the most spotless accommodation I have come across not only in Dahab but in many global locations. there was not a fault to be found. With suites cleaned daily, room service, and customer service helpful and prompt, and very hospitable. The pool was cleaned daily, and the gardens tended beautifully. The restaurant offered a range of dishes, and service was always attentive. Rasha and the team including the owner gabaly made me feel the most welcome guest in the world, and nothing was too much to ask, making sure my stay was the best I could have. I returned again for another short visit, and shall return whenever I am in Dahab. For me it was wonderful to stay at a resort with history. Even though it's a relatively new build (2 years) the Sheikh Ali family extends back into the history of Dahab, and regardless of its luxury, this resort offers that family run feeling, and of course the infamous Bedouin hospitality. This beautiful culture turned my head around all those years ago and changed my view of the world entirely. If you ever get a chance to stay here, go for it. You will not be disappointed in the least. Thank you to Gably and Rasha and all at Sheikh Ali for making me feel so at home.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Sheikh Ali D, Manager at Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear EliTwinks

Thank you for your stay with us and taking the time for writing the 100th ‘excellent’ review for Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort!

We are very happy that you had a great time with us and enjoyed with good bed and firm mattress, the cleanliness, location, the restaurant and your room.of course you were with your family here .we are so happy that you enjoyed with us and many thanks for your recommendations

We look forward to welcoming you back to Sinai’s first all suite hotel with your lovely mattress

Rasha, Gabaly & the Sheikh Ali team
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We had a great time in Dahab and hotel Sheikh Ali this March. At no time we felt unsafe. The hotel is relatively small, situated in the "city" of Dahab. To the promenade there are two minutes. The hotel is very clean and well maintained. The staff are absolutely helpful and friendly. The restaurant is also highly recommended, especially if the pizza oven is on. For those guests who want to sleep not only at the beach but also learn more of the country and want to meet the people: the best alternative to the big beach resorts in dahab! We are planning our next stay in September and hope for payable flights than (that's the main problem currently!!)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Marian K

Thank you for your stay with us and for letting other Dahab visitors know about Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort.

We are very happy you found the hotel to be clean, quiet and the staff to be friendly and helpful. Many thanks for pointing out all the positives during your stay, the restaurant staff, food,pizza oven location, peace and quiet and all the additional services. The restaurant staff are pleased they could make you happy and We look very much forward to having you here again in September.hopefully the flights situations will be better . we send our regards to Berlin, Germany.
Wallasea Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Back again the Sheikh Ali after 6 months, and although Dahab is virtually tourist free, the hotel is still impeccable. The overall surrounds have even been improved with a new Bedouin Seating area and tent. The food is excellent, and the staff are as welcoming as always. It is extremely hard in Dahab at the moment, and without Tourism, this city will struggle. So if you want a friendly welcome, wonderful service, excellent rooms and really good food, then please come here!

Room Tip: Rooms on left have sun all day. Book downstairs rooms for direct access to the pool!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear BendixEvE68
Many thanks for your another visit to Dahab and Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort.

As we strive to not only maintain our standard but constantly also improve,happy that you liked the new Bedouin Seating area and tent we are delighted you found our efforts to be successful. We are also very happy that our restaurant team were able to cater for on and off menu wishes as the restaurant is possibly the part of the hotel which have been undergoing the biggest changes recently.

We would also like to thank you for sharing detailed information on the rooms and would like to ensure you that ‘your’ room is ready for your next visit!

Rasha, Gabaly, Guro & the Sheikh Ali team
Rochford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Tourism has suffered tremendously since the European negative traveladvice to dahab. Let me reassure everybody that Dahab is still a safe and very nice place to visit with extremely nice people.
As a returning visitor for many years to Dahab the Sheikh Ali resort was and is a very good find. The Hotel is extremely well run with typical bedouin hospitality. The owner , Mr Gabaly Ali is almost everyday on site and makes you feel very welcome. The day to day running is in the very capable hands of Rasha. The place is the cleanest and best run Hotel as far as I can see in dahab. Its located just outside the hustle and bustle of the main shopping area and is very quiet. Staff in both Hotel and Restaurant are helpfull and hospitable.Great stay again and we will be back !

Room Tip: ground floor garden, 1st floor balcony. 3 family rooms with 2 bedrooms
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sheikh Ali D, Manager at Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear TheovanEeden
Many thanks for another review and reassure the people that it's safe in Dahab and every body can come and enjoy his holiday . actually The support and enthusiasm from our returning guests is a true inspiration.We pride ourselves in keeping and improving the standards and to meet and exceed our guests expectations. Reviews like yours are truly rewarding and inspiring, and we would like to thank you for taking your time to share your experience with other travellers. .Gabaly is always here with his special Bedouin hospitality which it gave the place special taste. Rasha she is doing her best to keep the place on the slandered .your room is ready from now till end of June

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

I stayed at Sheikh Ali in February 2014, after moving from another hotel due to noise disturbance from street dogs. I had the most peaceful nights there and was very impressed by the quality of service, the spacious suites and the beautiful pool and garden. I would recommend this hotel for young couples, families and also older people (disability-access, large walk-in bathrooms etc). It is only a 5 minute walk to the bustling 'Mashraba/souk' area and the beach. As a small hotel I enjoyed the personal touch and also like the fact it is locally-owned. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: All the suites are nice, you can have a small patio/garden on the ground floor or a balcony on the f...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Dear Patricia D
Thank you for choosing Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort for your last Dahab holiday. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for sharing your experience with other Dahab travelers.Many thanks for pointing out all the positives during your stay service,suites ,pool and the garden . The staff are pleased they could make you happy and send their regards to England.

We look very much forward to having you here again, we aim to offer you an even better experience next time!

essex
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Don't normally wright reviews but have to mention we are returning to sheikh Ali resort as we had such a wonderful time last year it was a pleasure to book our vacation with you again, you make it so simple just two email's all done, see you all soon
Andy & family .

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear andykmj
Thank you for your stay with us and for choosing Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort for your Dahab holiday. We are pleased a seasoned Egypt traveller like yourself found a stay with us to be a pleasant and professional experience from beginning till end!We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your recommendation to other Dahab visitors. We hope to seeing you again for another great holiday in the future!

Rasha, Gabaly, & the Sheikh Ali team

Been to Sheikh Ali Dahab Resort? Share your experiences!