“Exhilarating and professional all the way up the rock” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 84 Activities in Dahab
More attraction details
Owner description: Premier Rock Climbing in the South Sinai’s Dahab, Egypt, the diving mecca of the Red Sea. Whether you have never climbed, are a beginner, intermediate or expert rock climber, we have something exciting for you at Above Sea Level. We provide expert knowledge, instruction and state of the art climbing equipment. Safety equipment use and safe rope practices are the core of our operation. We offer a variety of climbing: Sport, Traditional (Trad), Bottom/Top roping, and Bouldering, as well as beginner and advanced courses, guided day trips locally. We run Try Climb days for novices to get a taste of what climbing is about. We also offer climbing safaris to St. Katherine for full day, multi-pitch climbing. When you want a break from the spectacular waters of Egypt’s Red Sea, contact us and we will take you to new heights, “Above Sea Level.”
London, United Kingdom
“Exhilarating and professional all the way up the rock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2011

Before leaving the beautiful and relaxing Dahab I was asked if I wanted to join in with some climbing. Not being on a rock for some time I jumped at the chance. I had not experienced any rock in Dahab so I was a little nervous to say the least.
Above Sea Level was the choice made to take us out and I am relieved that it was.
Jaimie and Jenny made the day so fantastic. We were taken by vehicle to a Wadi where there are several climbs to do ranging from easy to "are you joking". The equipment is 1st class and set up for you from the start. Time was taken to show you how to tie your own ropes and make sure you know exactly what does what and what goes where and why.
The professionalism of Above Sea Level is 2nd to none. Although the day is made up of fun and laughter safety is paramount from the outset. All in all Above Sea Level is one outfit that is not to be missed if you are looking for something different to do in Dahab.

Visited May 2011

Dahab, Egypt
“Fantastic climbing supported by professional guides”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

To find such brilliant climbing and such a company who have a wealth of experience, and patience, has been a great surprise. Everyone should try this out!

Visited June 2011
Budapest, Hungary
“Fun & proffessional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2011

I have to admit, I am afraid of heights, therefore never ever tried rock climbing before. With Jenny and her kind and proffessional guidance I managed to climb like I never thought i would. It was a great day out, I was very proud of myself, and I felt competely safe!
The wadi is beautiful. Bedouin tea and some snacks as refreshers, a perfect day in the desert, good contrast if you come to dive. Regardless your climbing skills, strongly recommended!

Visited June 2010
Dahab, Egypt
“Thanks for the super cool day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I live here in Dahab since 2006 and that's one of my best days off here, we met at 10 am, we tried our equipment and it was brand new kit, then we went to the south to start our Rock Climbing Adventure :)

Jenny was our guide, she was super nice & a lot of fun, This was my first time ever climbing and of course it won't be the last.

I highly recommend Above Sea Level for any people looking for FUN & ADVENTURES.

Visited April 2011
“Best Day off!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

I am living and working in Dahab. We are always trying to find something to do on our days off and working as a Dive Instructor it's preferable to stay out of the sea. A friend of mine recommended climbing and after living here for 2 years, I didn't realize that was an option! Linda contacted Jenny and Jamie and set up a day of climbing for me with a few friends. We met at 10am and headed south, only about a15 min drive from the center of town. There was 5 of us climbing including Linda, most of us pretty inexperienced. When we pulled up to the climbing area, not only was it beautiful but the wall was much higher than I pictured in my head! We were all pretty nervous but we started on the easiest of routes and worked our way up to the more difficult grades. We all had such a fantastic time and appreciated all of Jenny and Jamie's suggestions as well as the brand new kit! We all felt very safe and in capable hands. If you want to experience another part of Dahab, challenge yourself and have a great day out in the desert, I highly recommend Above Sea Level. This was my first time ever climbing and it was the perfect day.

Visited March 2011