“Brian - Dahab's number one free diving instructor!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 84 Activities in Dahab
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Blueoceanfreedivers provide all of your needs for freediving courses from beginner to Instructor. We also hire equipment, including our very own custom built heated dynamic training pool. We can tailor personal training days to suit your needs. We are based at H2o dive centre. The courses are run with small groups (max 4) and can be on a one to one basis for only a 20% premium. Courses are AIDA certified, and include all the equipment required.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Brian - Dahab's number one free diving instructor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

After deliberating for a long time about whether to take part in the AIDA 2 star course I recently completed it with Brian at Blue Ocean Free Divers in Dahab…. and it was a brilliant decision. I was initially worried that I wouldn’t have the ability to complete the course but Brian immediately put me at ease, I not only got over my nerves very quickly but had a great time too. The course really helps you understand how your body works and I was surprised at what I was able to do in such a short space of time.

Brian is a natural teacher. He’s full of enthusiasm and makes the course really fun, but he’s also very patient. When I had ear problems he refused to give up and we quickly found a solution so I could complete the course. Blue Ocean Free Divers has a special free diving pool (which is heated) where you spend the first morning of the course then in the afternoon you get to go in the Red Sea – which is very exciting.

Dahab is an ideal location for free diving. The sea is warm and clear and you can free dive right from the shore. This together with Blue Ocean Free Divers’ facilities and Brian’s expertise and lovely character make Blue Ocean Freedivers the perfect choice for free diving holidays.

Visited July 2013

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Outstanding freediving experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I spent almost 2 weeks learning freediving with Brian Crossland in August. He is a fantastic freediving instructor, extremely calm, patient and very encouraging. He really helps you to get the best of yourself during your freediving course or training. I was a complete novice in freediving and in few days he taught me a lot, and I successfully qualified for 2 star AIDA. Then I took about 6 days of training just for pleasure, we had the chance to do a few more dives in the Bay of Dahab, and to practice more in dynamic and static freediving in his amazing 30m long pool. We also went freediving in the Blue Hole, which was awesome. I felt completely safe all the time while I was freediving with Brian, he has all the equipment that you will need. His private 30m swimming pool is a real plus for practicing and he also has an on-site shower and facilities which is very convenient. I also took some yoga classes with the on-site teacher Lorraine, and again it was excellent, the yoga helped massively with the freediving. Brian also recommended a great accommodation in Dahab and arranged for my airport pick up. Overall, it has been an outstanding experience, Brian is an extremely high-class instructor, and I can really recommend him. In fact I am already planning to come back for my 3 star AIDA qualification in January. Thank you!

Visited August 2013
Mugla, Turkey
“FANTASTIC TIME”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have just returned from Dahab where I did some amazing diving with H2O Divers, and while I was there I was fortunate enough to discover another awesome sport, FREE DIVING.
After 25 years of Scuba Diving and at the tender age of 59, I was a little bit apprehensive to try a new sport that tends to be dominated by youngsters, but after 10 minutes talking to Brian I was convinced to give it a go and I wasn't disappointed with my decision.
Under Brian's careful tuition I completed all my courses up to 3 star and I will certainly be back for my 4 star and beyond. To this end I would like to thank Brian Crossland for his patience, determination and professionalism throughout this quality course. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Brian to anyone interested in this fantastic sport no matter what age you are.

Visited April 2013
Fethiye, Turkey
“best place to feel relaxed and safe with free diving”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I did my 2 and 3 star free diving with my friend at blue ocean in dahab.I was taught by the legend himself Brian Crossland. I couldnt have wished for anyone better for the relaxed atmosphere he made around us while teaching which was an essential while trying to relax to free dive, the way Brian teaches is so well explained and hes always there to give you extra attention if you need it. nothing is to hard for him while helping you through your course. ill be back to do my 4 star and instructor next year only with brain,hope everyone else who reads does this as well, you really wont be disappointed thanks Brian and looking forward to seeing you soon all best sam

Visited April 2013
London, United Kingdom
“The Best Freediving instruction in Dahab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I recently completed my AIDA 2* Freediving qualification with Blue Ocean Free Divers and thoroughly recommend them to anybody wishing to Freedive. Brian is an excellent instructor, he has a very relaxed, patient style which made the whole experience extremely enjoyable and rewarding. The fact they have the only purpose built pool in Dahab made the course feel extra special, and the requirements of the course that much more obtainable. We even got to try the monofin which was great fun! Once we went into the bay for the constant weight skills, I felt extremely safe under Brian's instruction and encouragement. Nothing was too much trouble for him. I've been scuba diving for years and he unlocked my desire to further my freediving experience. I'll be back to do my 3* very soon! Thanks once again to Brian and Blue Ocean Free Divers!

Visited March 2013