Great Hotel. You will be very happy here. Staff working around the main pool and beach area are just brilliant, Wahid in the bar was very patient, helping me to learn Arabic, what a nice man. Ezzy and Magdy also deserve a special mention. The food was brilliant couldn't ask for better, the Chef Mohammed turns out brilliant dishes all round, often with a slight twist to the traditional food he cooks, for our benefit. My wife thought the sweets were to die for. If you don't like what is on offer speak to Mohammed he will cook you something you do like, I cant believe you will need to do this though. Reception staff were always efficient and helpful.
I haven't given this review 5 stars as there were one or two areas that could be improved. When the regular barman at the main bar (Sherif) left for a few days off, you often had to wait for a drink as the relief barman seemed to wonder off, one day I stood for 10 minute with no one behind the bar. This is the only place you can get a drink in the evening. I also thought the animations team were very poor, none of the advertised activities during the day seemed to happen. There were a couple off daily activities we would have joined in, such as the water gym, to work off some of the excellent food, it simply just didn't happen though. When we spoke to them we were told we didn't understand and we were not in "Sharm", people came to this hotel to dive and windsurf. However we weren't the only guest who would have taken part in some of the advertised activities.
The snorkeling here was very good with plenty of good reef. There was a bit of rubbish floating in the sea and on the beach which could have been cleared up, also a little rubbish in the boarders around the garden.
The rooms are very nice indeed and kept clean. My overall assessment is this is brilliant hotel for a quiet break.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Dahab Bay View Hotel Red Sea And Sinai
- Mercure Dahab Bay View Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Mercure Dahab Bay View stretches over 18.000 m2 private beach with the colorful Sinai & Red Sea mountains as backdrop. The resort captivates the senses with its unsurpassed facilities & relaxing atmosphere. Welcome to the Mercure Dahab Bay View"Mr. Ahmed NAEIM, Hotel Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Mercure Dahab Bay View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.