“Seadancer - Best of the best” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 83 Activities in Dahab
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: At Sea Dancer Dive Center we offer the perfect balance of safety, fun and environmental awareness. Whether you want to learn to dive, advance your training or just enjoy the beautiful sea life around Sinai, our multi-lingual, professional staff can ensure you get the most from your diving experience. Highlights include the 'Blue Hole', 'Canyon', 'Islands', SS Thistlegorm and Ras Mohammed.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Zurich, Switzerland
“Seadancer - Best of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had a great week in Dahab with everyone at Sea Dancer.
Super friendly, funny, professional and safe!
When I come back to Dahab, I won't even consider any other centers.
Thanks again so much to Steve, Kjelt, Flo, Elvira for this great experience.
See you guys next time round.

• Polish first
Dahab, Egypt
3 attraction reviews
“Best diving in dahab!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were lucky enough to choose sea dancer out of the numerous dive operators in dahab, due to trip advisor reviews and the friendly welcome from Steve at the reception. It was a great decision. Joseph 14 and Geena 12 did their Open Water course and had a fabulous time mainly due to the very wonderful elvira and ably assisted by the fantastic flo! Elvira made the training exciting and fun as were all subsequent dives. Our favourite dive sites were the blue hole and canyon but even the dives in the bay were great. We also had a brilliant boat trip to gebr-el-bint where we experienced amazing diving, company and food! We also really enjoyed the night dive we went on. The centre is very well run by Steve and all the staff are fabulous! For a fun, friendly and safe diving experience, go to sea dancer. You won't regret it!

Visited August 2013
SteveObie, Manager at Sea Dancer Dive Center, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hi Sue, thank you very much for your review, it was fantastic having you and the kids diving with us (they are real water-babies!) Just a small point, we didn't actually take the kids to The Canyon and Blue Hole! that was just you! They will have to wait until they are a bit older for those sites.

See you again soon.

Steve and the crew.
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Diving as it is meant to be!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I formed part of a group of friends with varying abilities and experiences in diving. Two of the group wanted to do their Padi Rescue Diver course, three (including me) were keen to complete their Padi Advanced Open Water course, and one of the group to have a go at a "Try dive" but otherwise to snorkel. However, as good friends we also wanted to spend time and dive together as much as possible. The manager, Steve, truly went out of his way in coordinating our dives, and continually came up with excellent ideas, solutions, and dive sites with our several objectives in mind.
Steve is supported by a professional, dedicated team of enthusiastic Instructors and a helpful support staff.
Although I came to Dahab with fifty dives under my belt, I was a far from confident diver. However, as a result of Paul's considerate instruction my confidence blossomed. I left Sea Dancer feeling relaxed and at home in the under water world, and desperate to return for more adventures. Thank you sea Dancer, you are all stars!

London, United Kingdom
“The most worthwhile event of my year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Completed my PADI open water certification here at Sea Dancer a month ago, and they ensured over the several days that I became completely comfortable with all things Scuba and with the sea itself, which I had always been terrified of before. Being on a time restraint, they were flexible enough to turn what would have been a five day course into just three, just for me and my mate. Despite the flexibility and laid back nature, there was a serious air with all things to do with safety. Outside the water the equipment is kept in great condition, and in the water they were perfectly over cautious ensuring that each step is learned properly before moving on. Our Irish instructor, April, was all we could have wished for in someone to help us get to grips with scuba, especially given our location, practically sitting on top of an amazing Red Sea coral reef.

By the end of the three days, the sea was no longer something that I had avoided for ten years, but a place I am craving to go back and see again. I could not recommend this place higher. My one fault with this diving center, which was pointed out several times to me whilst I was there is this: once you have learnt to Scuba in the best locations on Earth, surely everything else will now pale in comparison?

Well the few days I spent there have given me the motivation to try and prove this wrong!

Will

Visited July 2013
Alexandria, Egypt
“One of the best things I've ever done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I did my PADI open water certification with Sea Dancer a couple weeks ago, and it was one of the best things I've ever done. They are fun and flexible bunch, but thankfully not laid-back about safety and protection of the environment. If you're like me--a little skittish about some of the things you have to do when learning scuba, like taking your mask off underwater--I can wholeheartedly recommend Elvira as an instructor. She was an incredibly reassuring presence and an all-around fabulous teacher. You're in safe hands.

I plan to go back and do more dives with them. It's a great operation, and the stuff you see underwater would take your breath away except that the first rule of scuba IS DON"T HOLD YOUR BREATH.

(And incidentally, I appreciated that I spent a lot of time at the center and never once heard the same song twice, and no Bob Marley!)