“Perfect place for relaxing break” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Dahab
UK
“Perfect place for relaxing break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

Have been meaning to write a review for a while, I stayed here in November last year. I have travelled extensively and have to say I enjoyed my stay here more then some so called 4 and 5 * hotels. Firstly was quite surprised but the negative review below - being rated 1 doesn't mean it’s the most luxurious - Dahab paradise is a simple, clean yet a very charming place. Which is why I think people have rated it so highly, it is a home from home and you are made to feel very welcome.

It is a small beautiful boutique hotel, yes it’s not 5* luxury and you won't get the extras such a fluffy bath robes or turn down service. However it’s such a great place with a relaxed vibe that you don't miss these things. As I said the rooms are simple, comfortable and clean - you can hear the sea and I slept very well. Value for money I don't think you can beat it in Dahab, and I did look at a few other hotels.

The staff are great, genuine, friendly yet professional. Nothing is too much trouble. I asked to be moved to a room with a TV - one was not available so they fitted one in my room!!

I liked the fact that the hotel was away from the main town, yet only a 25 minute walk away or short cab ride.

Also with regards to beaches in the area, anyone who has done their research will know that most of the red sea resorts don't have white sandy beaches...the sea and marine life is wonderful so don't think you will miss that.

Great place, would definitely return.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
hlbrown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

What a fantastic hotel. The rooms are light and airy and are cleaned everyday. They even make your towel into an animal which is such a lovely touch. The pool is beautiful, very clean and overlooks the sea. But it is the staff that absolutely make the place. I would like to say a special thank you to Nemo, Ramone and Mohammed and especially my friend Edris. They were so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Services such as laundry, massage, taxi rides, trips etc can all be arranged at just about any time of day or night. I felt safe comfortable and very relaxed at this hotel and will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2010

Dahab Paradise was absolutely wonderful - excellent value for money, the staff couldn't have been more helpful and the hotel was beautiful. It was really peaceful and relaxing, but there's plenty to do in Dahab if you're looking for something a little more lively. The bedouin tent was fantastic with delicious tea and shisha. My only, very small criticism, would be that I would have liked more Egyptian options on the menu but the food was very good.
As a solo female traveller as well I felt completely comfortable and safe which was great. The hotel were great at booking activities as well - the diving school that they recommended was brilliant and really reasonable. I will definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

We stayed at Dahab Paradise for one week, and were so impressed with it. The hotel staff are fantastic: really friendly and authentic. The rooms are not fancy, but are nicely decorated with dark wood furniture, and each one has its own balcony/terrace and sea view. The hotel itself is beautiful: amazing value for money. We will be back!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

Firstly, the staff are really what make this hotel. They are friendly, knowledgeable and honest. They go out of their way to make you feel at home.

I have read previous reviews and the fridge was large enough to keep 5 1.5 litre bottles of water and 4 cans of fizzy drink. You could add more to that, but at the height of my use it held those and kept them ice cold with ease. I guess if you expect Bosch fridge freezer in your hotel room, you might be disappointed. Further, the air conditioning was not overly loud. As part of my job, I have had to fly around the world that includes staying in hotels. This air conditioning is not the same as some of the exclusive 5 * but they are not too loud, I slept fine, no issues at all. I cannot see many other reviews citing the loud air con as an issue.

OK enough of the balancing act. The staff have been mentioned, they are great. They really get a buzz out of winning. That translates to a superior service, they take care of every little thing that you need. You want to go to Cairo, they will organise it for you. Want to pop in to town for a little food and drink, they will recommend a place for you to go. At the end of the night, head over to the Bedouin tent for some authentic Bedouin tea with a very chilled out atmosphere and the sound of the waves providing the background music.

The room. It is clean, it is large enough for a double bed, a bedside table and enough space to walk around the bed comfortably. Granted, the room does not all operate from a single console where you can control your curtains, the electronic do not disturb sign and the International Radio in the bathroom, but really, you are checking into a 3 star hotel with a pool. overlooking the red sea in Egypt, what do you expect?

The restaurant, I just read a review saying how Egyptian food is dire. Some advice, don't willingly pay money to go to Egypt and then proceed to complain that the local food is dire. If there is one criticism I have it is that there was not enough Egyptian food, but I understand why they do that. They kindly arranged an Egyptian food night and a Barbecue night. One word describes them both DELICIOUS. Food taste is personal. Suffice to say I enjoyed it, and if I wanted something different the bridge area is a 7 minute drive at a cost of 15LE to take you there (be sure to fix the price before you board the vehicle)!

The pool, nice cool, it works. I love the two outdoor showers, they were very cool.

I arranged the pick up at the airport, it was a smooth drive back to the hotel, where we had a drink, were checked in to our room early (6 am) and had a quick nap before going down for breakfast, which is eggs (as you like them) potatoes, sausages, pancakes, cornflakes, yoghurt, karkade, coffee, tea, milk, orange juice, salad and bread. It is not a lavish 5* breakfast, but it does set you up for the day.

There is not much else to say. There are ample photos up there, but I have added a few of my own.

In short, this is a simple, straightforward hotel. It is almost like home away from home. It is not the bricks and mortar that does that. It is the warmth of the staff and their desire to remain number one in Dahab. I could not image a better place to spend 10 days.

Bravo guys, you really have mastered the art of beating Le Meridien, Hilton and the other large franchises that are in Dahab. Keep it up.

• Stayed May 2010
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

How magic this place is!!! Having an extensive and friendly staff to let you maximize your holiday joy. Peaceful spot, great restaurant and good snorkling on the other side of the street. Rooms are good with fridge and awesome views! Need we say more?

• Stayed May 2010
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

I can't believe this hotel is number 1 in Dahab.

I'll start with the good points: awesome staff who went out of their way to make my partners and my stay a pleasant one. Beautiful looking hotel on the outside. Western food! Thank god they don't serve local food as I found Egyptian food to be dire.

But that's it. It looks impressive on the outside but the rooms are basic, dark and shabby. It's no better than a 2 star inside. I have never slept so badly on any holiday as I did in Dahab Paradise. The air conditioning is neccessity in the summer but the air conditioning in the room is extremely loud so it's impossible to sleep with it on. Shoddy electrics: there was a small fridge in the room but the plug visibly sparked a few times and smelled of burning. Large gaps under all of the doors meant lots of insects got in.

Cleanliness is a major issue. Our water glasses were not replaced at all. i had to ask them to replace them daily, which they did begrudgingly. While they emptied the bins, replaced the towels and made the beds daily, they did nothing else. The bathroom was not cleaned all week. The shower and basin were not cleaned at all. Soap scum and hair was permanently in the shower and basin as no one bothered to clean it. Little wonder Egypt is notorious for illness with hygeine standards like this.

It is a long way out of town. While it is true it's easy to arrange a cab, there is alot to be said for being in the middle of things. There is no decent beach nearby.

They claim to have free internet access but the truth is they have one computer and the connection is so bad that I wasn't able to access my emails once.

So very pretty from the outside but the room quality and hygeine standards make this hotel a poor 2 star.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
DahabParadiseHotel, Manager at Dahab Paradise, responded to this review, May 25, 2010
Dear Amelie78

Thanks for nice words and for sharing your appreciation of the service and team here at Dahab Paradise. It is great to hear that you perceived the team’s eagerness to make your stay pleasant.

We regret that we were not informed about any inconvenience in your room, which we could have sorted during your stay.

Here at Dahab Paradise, we pride ourselves on having a clean indoor and outdoor environment. While it’s perceived as so by most of our guests, we are sorry to hear that you didn’t find the hygiene level satisfactory at certain situations.

We have polished the procedures after your review, and would love to see you again at a Paradise that lives up to your standards.

The Dahab Paradise Team

Been to Dahab Paradise? Share your experiences!