“Personal and relaxed” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 52 Hotels in Dahab
Zurich, Switzerland
“Personal and relaxed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The hotel is a lovely place to switch off and relax - it is small enough to get to know the key staff really well over a week, and you feel so well looked after. There are a few luxuries you do without, but in return there is a rustic feel to the place, and it is far away from the hoards of people who overflow most of the large all-inclusive hotels in Sharm, or even Dahab. The drivers did an amazing job of picking me up anywhere and any time of day or night within a couple of minutes, and it doesn't cost much at all to be driven to the areas of interest every day - in my case the lagoon for kite surfing. Highly recommended! I was alone on this trip, but would come back with partner or family....

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
DahabParadiseHotel, Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
Dear Brrrrm,
Thank you for choosing Dahab Paradise and for taking the time to post a review on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to know that you felt so well looked after by our Team.
We are also glad that you touched the essence of Dahab Paradise being personal and relaxed.

Looking forward to welcoming you in the future with partner or family.

Best regards,
The Dahab Paradise Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I have been meaning to leave a review since returning from Dahab Paradise last September and just hadn't got round to it, so here go's:

We arrived late to Sharm minus our luggage which I believe is the norm when travelling out from Heathrow. The hotel were helpful and accommodating in making the transition of arriving with nothing to a warmer climate and were able to pick our bags up 2 days later. They offered their support as well as the basics we needed to adapt to the new temperature which was appreciated.

The hotel was suitable and although it is not a grand establishment it certainly has the feeling that it is priced correctly. There was a particular attention to the interior of the rooms and they were clean and well presented. The bed was comfortable and the shower more than powerful enough.

The pool was relaxing, although not large, and was quiet during the day meaning that it was possible to relax and enjoy. Drinks were affordable along with the food.

The food as a whole however was not particularly good and I would not recommend Egypt as a destination if you are a foodie and hoping to find good restaurants. The menu in the hotel’s restaurant was fairly limited and the food was not particulalry great. After a meal or two from the main course selection we were definitely keen to head into town for food. Unfortunately here the food wasn’t much better and the prices were very high for the area, simply as we were tourists.

We had friends in Dahab who told us that if you mentioned to the attendants at the restaurants that you lived and worked in Dahab you would get a reduced price, which is true, with a little confidence and a reason for your new move to the town you are guaranteed a 30% discount before being offered a preferential service once you are sat down making the cost of the basic food on offer a little more palatable.

Overall, we had a great holiday, we went to learn to dive and the sea really is amazing, so I would recommend Dahab and the hotel as a place to stay, since much of the local accommodation is very basic. However as a whole do note that this is not a destination for the faint hearted looking for a more luxurious break with an emphasis on half decent cuisine.

Dahab is a mecca for those looking for adventure sports, the outdoors and fantastic diving opportunities, just remember you need to be willing to rough it in retunr for the crystal blue seas.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
DahabParadiseHotel, The Dahab Paradise Team at Dahab Paradise, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Dear Panov23,

Thank you for your detailed review and choosing to stay at Dahab Paradise. We are happy to learn you had a great holiday, and found the service of our staff helpful and accommodating in regards to your lost luggage.

We are sorry to hear you found our restaurant menu limited, and experienced a slight downfall on the quality of food. We are in the process of implementing our new menu, which offers a wider variety of western and Middle Eastern cuisine.

Thank you again for your valuable feedback, we hope to welcome you back in the near future to try our new menu.

Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2012

We were lucky enough to spend a week in the Dahab Paradise at the end of January. We went for the Paradise Lover's package which includes airport transfer, trips and other extras and which is usually on offer January & February. Personally I think this is a great time to visit Dahab; the weather is pleasant but not too hot, the town is quiet (maybe a little too quiet this year!) and it's a great place to escape an Irish January!

We were met promptly and we could not believe our eyes when we arrived at the Paradise - it's a true boutique hotel and perfectly situated on the seafront. You are immediately greeted by exceptionally friendly and polite staff - everyone seems really genuine and unforced and just incredibly helpful. I've visited Dahab before so I know there's a generally friendly, happy vibe about the place but this was something else and my husband (who had never been to Dahab) was completely bowled over!

Our room was beautifully appointed - great power shower, incredibly comfy bed, flatscreen TV and a large balcony overlooking the pool and giving a spectacular view of the Red Sea and the Saudi mountain ranges on the far shore. Breakfast was a very fresh buffet (including the best fruit cocktail I have EVER had!), yogurt, breads, olives, foul medames and pancakes. There's lots more besides but those are the things I remember! Also there's a chef who will make you the most delicious omelettes etc to order. Great freshly squeezed orange juice and excellent coffee and tea too. And of course all of it is served in the most beautiful and relaxing eating space I think I've ever been in. You can't put your finger on what makes the restaurant area so good - the view is incredible, the lighting thoughtful and romantic in the evening, the service is of course impeccable - but it's definitely more than the sum of its parts. There's also a fire pit and Bedouin platform with shishas on the far side of the pool but I didn't see any of it in action while we were there.

The Paradise is out of town and to be honest that was my main reservation about it - last time I stayed centrally and I was worried about being cut off, but (a) it's only £1.50 for the taxi and (b) it's an interesting enough walk as you go through the Bedouin town and there's plenty to see there! Overall I felt the location worked well and would not let that put you off.

Loulou the hotel manager deserves a special mention as she is one of the friendliest, most efficient and approachable managers I've ever met! She's an absolute gem and she arranged some spectacular trips for us (I particularly recommend the jeep safari to the White & Coloured Canyons, the Bedouin dinner under the stars and the trip to the Blue Hole (even if you don't dive or snorkel you should not miss it!). Loulou could not do enough for us and she really made the whole trip very special for us.

As others have said the restaurant menu is not the most daring, but what we had was very tasty and well prepared - I would particularly recommend the salads, they are massive and absolutely delicious. One of our best memories is looking out over the sea, sharing a bottle of crisp, white wine and eating calamari and greek salad. OK it may not have been that authentic but it was delicious, fresh and at that moment we just could not have been happier, or more relaxed! Don't forget you have plenty of opportunity to eat adventurously in the town. Sometimes a salad and a glass of wine or three is just the thing. ;)

I'm sure I've missed something, but I've tried to give as comprehensive a description of the hotel as I can. We absolutely LOVED it - we will return to Dahab and we would not think for a second of staying anywhere other than the Paradise. This was my fourth trip to Egypt and it is by far the best hotel I've stayed in.

Room Tip: All rooms are sea facing - just personal preference whether you want first floor (with private balco...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear JuneauBelfast,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Dahab Paradise and taking the time to write such a lovely, detailed a review on Trip advisor.

We are very happy to learn that you loved your stay with us.

We believe the peaceful location of Paradise is an asset, where our guests can enjoy uninterrupted sea views form all rooms. The Dahab Paradise team are very happy to learn you found their service exceptionally friendly and polite, especially the food and beverage staff.

We are honoured you found our Paradise to be the best hotel you have evener stayed in and hope to welcome you back again soon, to continue creating more happy memories.

Again, many thanks for sharing your positive experience.

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

This really a fantastic hotel we enjoyed our stay there. It is the best place to relax and forget about the intense and stress of your work.

Its fantastic location that enables you to chill out without hassle or crowd.

The room was of suitable size and the beds were comfortable. The room service staff were very helpful and friendly. A three stars hotel but you feel that you are in a five stars hotel.

We are coming back to this hotel again

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Thomas s,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with other on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy to learn you enjoyed your time here, and were able to relax and refresh whilst enjoying the peaceful location of Paradise.

Your kind words have been conveyed to the Dahab Paradise team, who were all very happy to know you found their service friendly and helpful, and on par with that of a five star hotel.

We hope to welcome you back to Paradise in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

My wife and I loved the setting at the Dahab Paradise every room has a fantastic view and we felt very welcome due to the friendly and helpful staff. The manager LouLou gets a special mention.

However for us there were a few aspects that left us feeling a little disappointed overall. The pool was too cold to swim (OK it was February), the food was very hit and miss (but that did mean we tried a number of places in Dahab and can recommend the Blue House Thai) and the room was tired and on the small side.

Great spot just a bit rough round the edges for us!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Oliver,

Thank you for staying at Dahab Paradise and taking the time to share your holiday experience with others on Tripadvisor.

All the team at Dahab Paradise are happy to learn that their efforts made your holiday enjoyable, especially the friendly service you received.

Here at Dahab Paradise we pride ourselves on continually improving our standards and facilities. We endeavour in the near future to install a solar heating system for the swimming pool, which will not only be environmentally friendly, but improve the quality of stay for our valued guests.

We hope to welcome you back to Paradise in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012 via mobile

There are a couple of rough edges, like the wifi sucking beyond measure, and the food being a bit limited, but for the price Dahab Paradise is fantastic: excellent, basic rooms, the friendliest staff imaginable, and an onsite rep from a superb dive outfit. I will return!

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Henrylm,

Thank you for your informative review and positive feedback on Tripadvisor. We are happy to learn you found the rooms to be of excellent standard, and the service friendly.

We are sorry to hear you experienced a short fall with internet connection, and endeavour to secure a more stable connection in the near future.

We look forward to your return to Paradise one day, to continue creating more happy memories.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012 via mobile

I needed a break from weeks of constant travel, time to just sit and do nothing. Dahab Paradise was perfect. This was my second visit to Dahab. Stayed at Mecure Bay View last time which was great but much further out of town and i also wanted something smaller and friendlier. Dahab Paradise delivered. Yes three star rooms, but I felt like a 5 star guest and it was excellent value for money. Great panoramic view of the Red Sea and Dahab from my top floor room and deck, wonderful lashings of food at the almost Balinese style open air ( roofed and BYO grog) restaurant, and lovely smiling and happy staff. Comfy bed. Just a short taxi ride to town (15LE) if you must. Reception can organize all and any activities you desire including trips to Jordan, safaris, snorkeling etc. There is a dive centre on site. However, due to my desire for complete chillax I only went as far as taking taxi ride to town a couple of times. Lot less hassle from vendors than in Cairo or Luxor and everyone still laid back and super friendly despite the troubles and downturn in tourist numbers. Books and magazines in the library at reception if u run out of reading material. Lovely sunny pool looking over the sea for lolling and lounging. Felt really at home here. Special thanks to the guys in the restaurant who kept my coffee coming and to the lovely Lou Lou at reception, a kindred Aussie spirit who's made Dahab her home and who can blame her...I didn't want to leave either.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear bindip61,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Dahab Paradise and taking the time to write your lovely review on Tripadvisor.

We are delighted to learn that enjoyed your time simply relaxing by the pool, and soaking up the sun.

The whole Dahab Paradise Team are touched that their efforts were appreciated and made your stay special and memorable, enough so, that you felt at home.

We hope to see you smiling again here at Paradise soon.

The Dahab Paradise Team

Been to Dahab Paradise? Share your experiences!