“Superb!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the oldest centres in Dahab and one of only 2 Career Development Centres. We teach all PADI courses including instructor. Our aim is to make sure you get the most out of your holiday; we want you to be looking forward to your next trip before you have left us, and we do this through the superb friendly team we have, and by upholding standards and safety in everything we do. Our aim is to give you a diving trip that is fun, relaxing, and makes you feel part of the Poseidon family. We are also fully licensed with the Authorities.
Merseyside, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I can unreservedly recommend this company. Professional, friendly, helpful, enthusiastic and efficient from first email to departure :(( We did our Padi Open Water followed by a few days diving and the instruction and guiding were both excellent, I was quite nervous to begin with but really gained confidence and will be doing a lot more diving in future! I agree with Genghis, the Gabr el Bint boat trip is a must, amazing dives, scenery and the best food of the week, good trip for non-divers as well.
Thanks everyone xx

Tel Aviv
“Professional and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This organization is by far the most organized and professional shop in the area. They were very enthusiastic throughout the dives. I would recommend them to anyone heading to Dahab.

Beersheba, Israel
6 attraction reviews
“A Well-Oiled Machine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I spent a week in Dahab with a group of seven friends. Poseidon was recommended to us by a friend and we were extremely glad for the advice. The shop hooked us up with a diving/accommodations package deal for those of us that wanted to do an Open Water Course and also arranged a car to transport us from our entry point into Egypt all the way to our hotel in Dahab. Did a great job making all of that work out smoothly. Half of us did an Open Water course and half did the Advanced Open Water and our instructors were really top-notch. Solid divers who knew how to teach, how to inspire and ensured that the we felt safe and secure during our training. The office staff was excellent too and proved to not only be flexible and relaxed but clearly very good at the organizational elements of the job.

The atmosphere at Poseidon is really chill. It has the feel of a beach club almost with wicker chairs and tables scattered around for relaxing, a bar where food and drinks can be served and a weekly BBQ with some seriously succulent food. An earlier reviewer was spot-on to describe it as "feeling like visiting old friends." The place it clean, well-marked, well-stocked and relaxing while the people are incredibly welcoming and chill. A lot of the other shops on the water seemed run-down, empty and not particularly inviting.

The only reason I didn't give a 5th star was an issue we had with payment. Our credit cards did not (for a complicated technical reason, I'm sure) work in the credit card machine and we had to arrange some more complicated, costly alternate methods of payment. I would definitely recommend calling and asking in advance exactly what the situation is regarding credit cards (especially magnetic cards without chip-and-pin functionality) in advance.

All in all, though, great shop, good prices, great people, great location and a really memorable experience.

London, England, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

been with them now five times and they are quite brilliant. No complaints what so ever. I have done my ope and advaced water and rescue diver with them

Somerset, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Great fun”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is the third time Ive dived with Poseidon. I used their centre at le meridian and it was very good and user friendly. Sharif behind the counter was helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. I brought my own dive equipment with me, but I did notice that the stuff they supplied to other divers was good quality. They are nice and relaxed, and they make the dives fun (I'm a Divemaster and I have some some places who dont quite manage this). I dived a lot with Mohsin, and he was an excellent dive guide and a good guy.

At about 20 Euros per dive, its also good value for money

I also went with them to the Blue Hole and they split the divers into two Groups so that experienced and new divers would not ruin each others dive. Well organised and good fun. safe diving at all times

The boat trip to Gabr el Bint is also worth every penny, the dives are genuinely stunning (and I have dioved all over the world) Pristine coral, great visibility (at least it was in October). The third dive at Sha'ab Said is like diving onto the moon, a living landscape og coral towers, minarets and blocks, awash woth life including turtles barracuda and the like. Not to be missed. Also had the best lunch Ive had on the Red sea, the guys lit a barbecue and we had chicken and fish kebabs!

One area for possible improvement would be in timekeeping. I arrived on time every day to go out in the boat, but often other divers would saunter in 5 minutes late and then take another half an hour setting their kit up. It would be good to stick more to punctuality at times.

All in all, a good dive school and I'd recommend them