“Don't go there, unless you are Kitesurfing” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Creative Green Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ras Sudr
Creative Green Hotel
You added Creative Green Hotel to your Saves list
Ras Almatarma, Ras Sudr, Egypt   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Ras Sudr
Zurich, Switzerland
“Don't go there, unless you are Kitesurfing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

The good news first:
The Mistral Kitespot its amazing and the Staff of the Spot are friendly and absolutly helpful.
The Material is all top and well maintained

Now the bad things:
The hotel is very bad. They did not cleaned the room for more than 5 days.
The hotel room was lousy and not maintained.
The Food (buffet) was very bad and sometimes hard to eat. The only good thing was the pasta station.
We were lucky, because we were the only guests for several days. so they had to cook only for us, which was ok.
The Staff was friendly and very helpful.
Price/Value is not good at all

Summary:
- Don't stay in this Hotel, unless you are kitesurfing.
- Bring your own alcohol, because they do not sell any
- Bring some food or snacks

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

The Hotel is lousy. The Rooms are ok but the Bath is awful, no one ever cleaned the room during the whole week. Food was ok - but only because we were the only ones in the Hotel (!). The buffet wie Head the first evening was quite bad and tasteless. The Pool is Dirty and unusable. The only positive Thing is the Kite Station. The Spot is Great and the guys there - Mohammed and Ahmet - are very nice, Smart Professional and helpfull.

• Stayed November 2011
Billericay, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed at the Creative Green Hotel, Ras Sudr in September 2010. It was not my choice but the default hotel for a windsurfing coaching trip arranged by Sportif. The windsurfing was great and the Club Mistral Centre about 15 minutes south along the beach was top notch. Sadly the hotel was not. The room that I was given was OK, clean enough with air conditioning that worked. The TV showed only Egyptian channels, not that I had much time to watch it. The fridge was a bit pathetic but water stored in it was below room temperature. My main gripe about the room was the fact that there was no hot water. I did complain at reception and they promised to fix it but they never did. The hotel advertised WiFi and, sure enough, in reception there was a WiFi router but it wasn't connected to anything. The food was OKish but not brilliant; there was plenty of it, though. The grounds were a bit like a war zone although there did seem to be some kind of refurbishment going on. The disaster was the fact that the bar served no alcoholic drinks whatever, not even beer! Fortunately, as a group we had brought duty free from the airport and the waiter in the bar was prepared to let us have glasses for our own drinks. On a previous visit I stayed at the Ramada adjacent to the Club Mistral centre and, at the time, it was much better but others I spoke to said that it was pretty hopelss when they stayed there more recently. I can only really recommend this hotel for windsurfing or kitesurfing; the conditions here are great. Anyone else could probably do better elsewhere.

Room Tip: Complain early for a change of room if necessary.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

Let's start with the good points: The Club Mistral kite school next to the Ramada hotel is a gem: Well run, professional, with good instructors and an adequate safety boat. The kiteboarding location is good too. Warm water, moderate winds for about 4 hours a day, and a good long beach for beginners. Be warned that the lagoon by the Green Hotel dries out at mid to low tide. The kite "school" at the Green hotel is deserted except for one caretaker instructor.
Now for the rest of it. I chose the Green Hotel on the advice of AirSpace Holidays, otherwise know as the agent for Moonbeach. He advised me that the hotel would be better for us because Moonbeach could not offer kitesurfing. The Ramada was fully booked.
The whole area is a ghost town, and in parts it feels more like a war zone than a holiday resort. The main gate has collapsed, so the first sight of the hotel is a pile of rubble either side of a steel barrel used to block the exit. The area is patrolled by soldiers with automatic weapons, and by numerous security guards. The hotel is surrounded by half finished buildings that have been abandoned. Most of the accommodation blocks are closed, and despite the fact there are probably hundreds of rooms/beds in the Green hotel, the number of guests varied between 4 and 20.
The hotel is apparently being slowly refurbished at night. Yes, that meant machines and building work to keep us awake. I used ear plugs to be able to sleep.
The air conditioning didn't work, and the mini-fridge was so warm it wasn't worth bothering with. On the good side, the bed sheets were changed everyday, but that was essential due to the sweat!
The food was awful. I love all sorts of international food, and in no way am I hesitant to try anything new. But this stuff was tasteless and unappetising. By day 4 my gastric system was in a bad way, and that is still the case 8 or 9 days later. I ended up eating fruit and omelette. I saw one of the waiting staff rearranging a pancake with his fingers which he then wiped on his trousers. We saw a cockroach on the restaurant wall.
The staff are after your money all of the time. The concierge offered us a taxi for 160 Egyptian pounds; the real price was 80. I lost some money and can only assume it was taken from my room. A neighbour had money stolen from his room.
Despite the fact that the kitesurfing was OK, I would not go back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Egypt
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2009

We visited this hotel in September 09. My wife, myself, and two teens for a weekend.
The resort was nearly deserted. Except for about twenty gests or so, mostly foreighners. I guess this is due to the occasion of the month of muslims fasting (ramadan), during which most locals stay at home.
This hotel is known for the lagoons it overlooks. This location is known to be one of the best worldwide known places for sky diving, kide surfing. Very long beach, sunny, windy, sandy, clear water, adequate depth. These watwer sports are run by club mistral, skydivers (i guess well known, as i don't practice these sports).
Grounds of this resort are great: gardens, wide pools, long sandy beaches, although everything looks tired.
Accomodation is in 2 levels chalets, 4 rooms each level. Rooms are very spaceous. The room (double) consists of a patio with sofa, fauteuil, A/C. The sleeping area has a large bed, TV, another A/C unit. A large bathroom with bath tub. We were offered an extra bed for our elder son, and charged for a triple room.
I could easily describe this hotel as a hidden gem, but due to the following it was not possible to give it this decription:
The bathroom does not have a floor drain. So any spilled water while showering, washing will keep on the floor until wiped off. When mentionned to the hotel staff, they said it is designed this way to prevent insects and rats from entering through to the rooms.
The dinner buffet is very poor in terms of variety, quantity and quality (maybe because of the fasting period previously mentionned??? ).
The extra bed sheets offered to us with the extra beds, were durty, with "blood spots".
The swimming pool contained sand on the floor, although cleaned at nights.
May be on a different time of the year, the stay could be better. Unless you are looking for water sports, then you could find better escapes for a weekend.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Warsaw
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

Ras Sudr is the best kitesurfing spot that I have ever been to. Constant wind, nearly flat and shallow water, sun, sand - what else one needs? Unfortunately, the options for lodgings are quite limited and we chose Creative Green. The hotel looks too tired for its age - the rooms, the bathrooms - all seems to need a good cleaning and painting. Having said that, I must add that the rooms are quite large, equipped with comfortable beds and we have enjoyed a beautiful sea view. Otherwise nothing to write home about and the bathrooms certainly do not meet a four stars standard. Food is another story. We've been informed by our co-travelers that it was not so bad comparing to other hotels in Egypt, but we grew quite tired of monotonous breakfasts and dinners. The stuff seemed to be mostly inadequate, speaking very, very poor English, taking their time in doing everything and complicating even the simplest tasks. Nevertheless, perfect kitesurfing conditions made up for all these deficiencies and we have had truly great holidays.

• Liked — Kitesurfing possibilities, views
  • Disliked — Tired bathrooms, staff, food.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
london
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2008

Please see below, extract I forwarded to the tour operator

To Whom it May Concern

I am currenlty sitting in Cairo Airport waiting to board my flight back to the UK and thought I would take the opportunity to give you some feedback on the service we have experienced in the Creative Greem Resort in Ras Sudr.

Whilst the service we have experienced from Spring Tours has been very good we can not say the same for the hotel.  Our list of complaints are as follows:-

Website
 Mis leading advertising -  There is no safe, no mini bar, no fridge, All twin rooms no pool garden view.  In addition the website mentions the following which was nowhere to be seen.

The Main restaurant serves an extensive buffet selection for breakfast lunch and dinner featuring pasta station.
The Pool snack bar serves wide varieties of food and beverage where you can enjoy a good meal after a swim.
Our pergola beach bar: by the beach serves a selection of food and beverage
Our lobby bar serves varieties of food and beverage.
Massage Therapist

In addition, there was no details on any tours available and none of the staff had any change.

One final point is that the hotel is still quite clearly under construction and we were not advised of this fact.

Staff
None of the staff are multi lingual and clearly were not willing to deal with our enquiries in a quick and efficient manner.  We asked for some laundry to be done and this was not returned to us until we requested in addition, the laundry was not returned to our room - we had to collect it from reception.

We also wanted to pay for some soft drinks separately and the staff had no change, I would expect in such a big hotel for the staff to have the ability to change money.  In addition, there was no currency exchange.

Segregation
All tourists were completely segregated from the local Egyptians into a lecture room for breakfast and dinner as it was the end of ramadan.   I can say with confidence that this is not the type of service we were expecting!!!

The food was quite simply tasteless.

Internet access
I emailed the manager of the hotel prior to my arrival to ask whether they had wi-fi to which he responded yes.  However, you can not access the internet in your room and we could only access the internet in the reception area!!!

In addition, we asked for 14 hours of internet access, but because the network coverage was so poor we were only able to use 1 hour!!! plus we were asked to pay 215 E.L for this!!!  When we refused to pay, no one, including the manager of the hotel had any idea of the correct procedures to rectify the matter in addition to waiting an hour for either the manager or the IT staff to speak with us.  Eventually as we had to leave the manager charged us 75E.L for 5 hours which we did not use and 35E.L  for only 15 mins and thus should have been charged 16 E.L.

One final point to add in respect of the issue regarding the internet, was that once we had paid the money which the manager over charged he then told us to SMILE.  Quite frankly the managers attitude is insolent, disgraceful and I am surprised that he has been put in such a senior position!!!!

Room
Whilst the beds were made up every day, no effort was made to clean the room including the floor!! and the balcony door was broken.

I hope you take the above into consideration and make some effort in resolving this issues with the hotel

• Liked — The beaches were very nice
  • Disliked — Staff seemed to have no real desire to solve your problem and constantly seemed to be asleep!
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ras Sudr
Azzurra Sahl Hasheesh Suite
Azzurra Sahl Hasheesh Suite
#21 of 177 in Hurghada
4.5 of 5 stars 53 reviews

Been to Creative Green Hotel? Share your experiences!