“Memphis Tours” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 13 Attractions in Port Said
More attraction details
Owner description: We recognize a traveler's desire for independence, the necessities for a fulfilling visit to Egypt, and the challenges of travel. This is why we have created these comprehensive tours which offer travelers their independence in their experiences and our assistance in making Egypt an easy and fantastic experience. We bridge the gap between a traveler's dreams and their destination.all trips with Memphis Tours is known for: High quality of service with an affordable price Flexibility with clients' interests and needs Small groups Friendly, personal service Knowledgeable and honest tour operators and guides. With years of dedication to tourism, whether your interests are in the natural, adventurous, historical, cultural, or spiritual sides of Egypt, we have the best resources for any kind of trip. With Memphis Tours you will find the right trip for your time, budget, and interests. With the help of our skilled tour operators and Egyptologist guides, also can take you through these essential Egyptian sites.
los angeles
“Memphis Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2014 NEW

I have been traveling for most of my adult life and rather extensively for the past 12 years. I am always highly involved in the planning of my journeys. At the time I made my decision to travel to Egypt and Jordan with my sister-in-law for 16 days, I stumbled upon Memphis Tours by reading about them on TA and was very surprised of their great reviews. But still I was hesitant about working with a company I had never used before or even heard of. After thorough research, I finally decided to use their service for my trip.

On our arrival at Cairo busy airport very late at night, it was a great relief to see our tour leader, Mr. Tarek Magdy waiting for us and ready to take care of everything immediately. From the moment I met Tarek, his top priority seemed to be crafting an experience that suited our taste and temperament and I knew that our trip was in professional hands.

Tarek made sure that our days and nights were filled with a well balanced combination of activities. His recommendations for the Opera House in Cairo and a hot air balloon ride in Luxor were fantastic and added extra spice to our memorable trip.

I was truly blown away by Tarek's level of efficiency and professionalism. And also at his personal attention to our needs, particularly when we needed him the most with a few unexpected events. I cannot say enough good things about Tarek, who was incredibly helpful throughout our trip and showed diligent care and effort in assisting us. He really exudes kindness. I highly recommend Tarek for his wonderful personality, his vast knowledge and his customized viewing of this mysterious and ancient land.

All of our guides have been great company and have provided terrific insight into the places we have visited. We met with an Egyptologist, Mr. Ahmed Farahat, in Cairo and Alexandria. He made our visit unforgettable and inspirational. And in Aswan and Luxor, we also met Egyptologist Mr. Ahmed Gomaa (nicknamed Friday) who was very attentive and sensitive to our needs for flexibility and time to explore. Both gentleman were very friendly, enthusiastic and had colorful and lively stories about the history, art and culture of Egypt.

Driving in Egypt requires mastery and Hassan, our driver, made this difficult task very easy.

Overall, I recommend using Memphis Tours when traveling through Egypt.

A journey to Egypt is a journey through time and it awakens our souls.

Visited November 2014
Farrag Y, Manager at Memphis Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dearest Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time in submitting your precious review with Memphis Tours. On behalf of all the team we appreciate that you chose us as your travel companion and we promise we will keep working hard to go beyond the expectations of every valuable guest. We will be looking forward to your next trip.

Thank you again!

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Farnborough, United Kingdom
“perfect family day trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2014

Thank you to Memphis tours for our perfect day trip from Hurghada to Cairo by plane. 5 stars service from the first email they are professionals, perfect team work. Well done!! Friendly and professional staff. Full of little xtras for example WIFI in the transfer car...! Do not hesitate to book with Memphis tours. My fiance ,our 15 months old baby girl and myself highly recommend them.

Visited November 2014
Dearest Guest,

greetings from Memphis Tours. We thank you so much for submitting your review with us. Memphis Tours team are working hard to provide the most unforgettable trip ever for you and we have added some extras to ensure the quality of service for our guests during their stay and even on their ways, and that is why we provided a free WIFI service on our fleet. We will be looking forward to servicing you in a longer trip.

Thank you always!

Granite Bay
“Great tour of Cairo, including Pyramids and Sphinx”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2014

My wife and I had a wonderful tour of Cairo, the Giza pyramids and Alexandria. We were met at our cruise ship in Port Said, driven to Cairo to visit several sights.

All of the tours left the Port Said in a convoy protected by armed guards. Many tour vehicles also had armed guards in the vehicle. We did not have a guard - I'm not sure why. I heard that you had to have at least 10 people to warrant a guard. It was probably better not having one because it would've changed the atmosphere of the tour. We had no problems or 'scares' that made us wish we were better protected.

Our guide was Nesren Mahmoud and I believe the driver's name was Ahmet (not sure about this). The guide was very pleasant and knowledgeable. She gave a great narrative of each site, and answered my many questions. In Cairo, we visited the Egyptian Museum, the Pyramids, and the Sphinx. While at the Pyramids, she steered us to a trustworthy camel owner so my wife and I could go for a ride for $35 each + tip (the cruise ship warned that some camel owners will quote a price, then refuse to let you off the camel until you pay more. We had no such problem).

We recommend this tour company.

Visited October 2014
Farrag Y, Manager at Memphis Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dearest Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time in submitting your experience with Memphis Tours. We have been so much happy for choosing Memphis Tours as your travel partner and we hope we become your choice for everytime you decide a trip. Regarding the security guard, it is true that you need a larger group to have one, but we believe that as Egypt is quite safe, we don't need a guard as well as Memphis Team can do the same job for ensuring your security and safeness.

Wishing you all the best!

Perth, Australia
“In safe hands!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2014

Memphis Tours quickly responded via email to our request for a personalised tour taking into consideration my husband's difficulty in walking up steps and the sights of Cairo and Alexandria that we wanted to see. We were surprised and delighted at the lovely welcome at the dockside in Port Said given by the local tourism authorities with music, folk dancing and flowers handed to all the ladies. Muhammed our guide was waiting nearby and quickly dispersed any apprehension that we had about our personal safety and along with John our driver, who was excellent, we had an interesting 2 days and felt safe at all times. We arrived at many of the sites before the coaches from the ship so were able to see so much more and also in John's car were able to negotiate through narrower streets and see a more personal side of the Egyptian way of life.
The 2 restaurants that we were taken to were excellent choices. The one in Giza overlooked the pyramids and the other in Alexandria overlooked the Mediterranean. Both were clean and the quality of food and service was very good as was the Mercure Hotel at Giza. Here the staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful and it was worth paying the extra few dollars to be able to sit on the balcony looking out over the garden and watch the sun going down behind the pyramids. Muhammed was very professional in his knowledge of Egyptian history and culture of course but also had a very friendly and gentle manner and he deserves to go far in his University studies in Tourism Hospitality and Management. We had requested a visit to the Ansen Charity in Alexandria to deliver a donation to assist with the education of the children in the area and our guide and driver went to great pains to find it with many phone calls and driving down the tiny back streets but the effort that they made was well worthwhile as the volunteers gave us a warm welcome and showed us how they work with the children.
Our brief introduction to Egypt over the 2 days, coming from Australia, was certainly a culture shock but then that is the beauty of travelling as it opens your eyes to how other people live. To see close up, and with Muhammed's help not be surrounded by masses of other tourists or souvenir sellers, the historical icons of the area was an unforgettable experience. A fitting end to our time with Memphis Tours was when John our driver whisked us through the docks at Alexandria and straight up to the end of the red carpet leading onto our ship and then there were smiles and hugs all round as they had become great ambassadors for Egypt. They delivered us safely back 2 hours prior to the ship's sailing time as promised. We would have no hesitation, if we have the opportunity in going to Egypt again, in booking Memphis Tours. They are to be recommended for their professionalism at all times and our experiences in Egypt, through them helping us plan our itinerary and then putting us in the safe and knowledgeable hands of Muhammed and John, will remain in our memories for a long time.

Visited October 2014
Farrag Y, Manager at Memphis Tours - Day Tours, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Greetings from Memphis Tours. On behalf of all the team we thank you deeply for taking the time in submitting your detailed review with us. We would have loved if we exceeded your expectations and i hope by far we did. Memphis Tours team will keep working on enhancing our services to provide the most unforgettable experience ever.

Wish we see you again!

Atlanta, Georgia
“Honest company that puts the customer first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2014

My parents and I traveled to Egypt recently and booked through Memphis Tours. My parents were a little hesitant about traveling to this part of the world, but they were quickly put at ease by the professional staff who were dependable and trustworthy. Besides providing a great trip, here are some things that made this company really stand out: (1) Maged (the online booking agent) put this trip together for us with only 6 days advance notice - yet the trip and the price were awesome and Maged did everything he could to give us the most value for our money; (2) Usama (our tour rep) was waiting for us at the airport - this made a big impression since we were flying standby and did not inform the tour company that we would be arriving until 5 hours before our departure from Germany - and we informed them by e-mail, so they obviously check their e-mail very frequently; (3) In Cairo, we had our own private tour in a small van with our own tour guide with wi-fi included in the van - a very nice touch since we were able to then use our smartphones in airplane mode; (4) Maha (our tour guide in Cairo) was very knowledgeable and helped my father get a different meal at a restaurant when he was unhappy with the first meal; (5) Even the van driver was helpful and honest. My mother left her iphone 5s in the van and the driver promptly returned it to her the next morning after discovering it the night before; (6) Mohammed (our tour guide for the Nile River Cruise) was extremely knowledgeable as well and provided us excellent guidance about what prices we should pay for various items. Additionally, he was happy to talk and listen to my father regarding various topics of interest to him, which made my father happy and made the trip easier for me ;-) I would not hesitate to recommend this company to anyone considering a trip to Egypt. You can't possibly find a better company to do business with.

Dearest Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time in submitting your review with us. We have been very happy for you choosing Memphis Tours as your travel agent and we hope we always become yours. Your comments are highly appreciated and important to us and we wish we welcoming you again with us.

Thank you again!