“I Adore this place...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ismailia
Cairo, Egypt
“I Adore this place...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I really adore this place.I used to visit it since it was Eitab in the mid 80s during my childhood with my family. The place is more than wonderful for relaxation. It is near Cairo so you can easily enjoy your weekend. It over looks the Temsah lake & Suez Canal in addition to the Serene Ismailiya City.

The hotel is at Forsan Island.The parking is for free for in-house guests. The reservation agent Mr. Ibrahim was helpful in choosing the room with the requested preferences. The receptionists were helpful especially Mr. Mohamed Abd Al Hay when changes the minibar when it was not cooling.

The stay was very good. The hotel was very clean as usual.The room was overlooking the lake & suez canal beside the pool & the trees. The pool was good working till sunset as usual. At night a singer & DJ was available at the open air cafe where you can find drinks & shisha. The house keeping were cheerful & helpful & work with efficiency when asking for extra pillows or for adding the extra bed.

As for the open buffet Breakfast at Augine the main restaurant, it is a real international cuisine. The waiters and chef were available every where to help you & refill the open buffet with its excellent variety & international selection. The Croisson was soooo delicious.

Even the security stuff were available everywhere along the beach & in the gardens. I really recommend this place for the families,children, couples, friends & above all for relaxation in my favorite place the swing beside the villas. At Mercure Ismailiya you can really visit for business & for leisure as well.

The hotel has different room types despite it is not a big one where you can find rooms, suites, villas. The privacy is available. You can enjoy the real relaxation at the weekdays & the weekend. There is also a gym, a playground for children, tennis, football playground.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mercure I, General Manager at Mercure Ismailia Forsan Island, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Ms. Hebatalla,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Ismailia Forsan Island. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Mohamed EL AMRY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Arabic first
Alexandria, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Truly a great hotel .. I enjoyed every minute in that hotel .. The rooms are super clean and the view of the Timsah lake is wonderful .. You have a choice of the beach (on the lake) or thw swimming pool or as I did with my daughter BOTH .. I enjoyed the health club GYM and SPA (I used the treadmill and then had 15 minutes of Sauna and another 15 minutes of Steam) the SPA is not included in the room price, but for guests it is an extra 25 EGP (around 3.5 USD) .. Dinner and breakfast are both open Buffets with a variety of vegetables, chicken, meat and fish. You really don't have to leave the hotel to enjoy your time .. they have a nice cafe in the garden and a moderate bar.

Room Tip: Parking is free .. Do not try to use the GPS to get there, the signal is jammed because of the Suez...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sir,

Cairo, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Hotel mercure is considered the best in suez canal area it has avery majestic view and excellent and freindly staff specially reception staff. the perfect place for relaxation also has good equipment for business. I have injoyed my stay in the hotel...

• Stayed March 2014
Mercure I, General Manager at Mercure Ismailia Forsan Island, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Hady,

Ismailia, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

i have been to smailia for three nights and I have stayed at hotel Mercure Ismailia it is anice hotel Ienjoyed my stay there the staff are very frindly and helpful every thing is nice but thr rooms need some renovations.

Room Tip: sea view rooms are very nice
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Samir,

ismailia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Hotel mercure is the best hotel in canal area it have avery nice view excellent and freindly staff clean rooms the berfect place for relaxation I have injoyed my stay in the hotel and I will visit it more and more also my children love this place very much

• Stayed January 2014
Mercure I, General Manager at Mercure Ismailia Forsan Island, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear Malak,

Ismailia, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I had enjoyed my stay in mercure ismailia it was nice place for relaxtion it was excellant experiance and friendly staff with nice smile and they have clean room and good food ib general mercure ismailia the best place for vacations

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Magdy,

Cairo, Al Qahirah, Egypt
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Pleasant staff serving your request(s), nice breakfast buffet with quite varied tasty choices. Unfortunately the fog ruined the lake view!
Even though they had renovation work in progress that didn't intervene withe quietness there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ahmed,

Mohamed EL AMRY

Been to Mercure Ismailia Forsan Island? Share your experiences!