“Great breakfast... and scrapple!!” 5 of 5 stars

(609) 967-1010
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Avalon
Delhi, New York
“Great breakfast... and scrapple!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

When I travel, I like to try different places for breakfast. My goal is to try and experience something different each time I go out in the morning. For my first morning in Avalon, I chose the Pudgie Pelican.

I wasn't disappointed.

I sat at the counter, was served by the owner (who, for the record, is a pleasant fellow and was extremely nice and was an excellent server). I was told the eggs Benedict were apparently well though of, so I went with them. I also went with a side of scrapple (if you don't know what it is, Google it. It's a lot better than it sounds).

The food was quick to come out, was extremely tasty and well worth the money. Even better? The prices are very affordable and the setting is quaint and nice. I was seated right away and I was in and out in probably a half hour.

I would definitely go here again. Everyone that I saw in the place seemed like they were enjoying their food. I could tell the locals/regulars, too, because the servers not only seemed to know many of them by name, but also by order. Very cool for places in a town that is heavy toward tourists!

All around, excellent. Plus, the pelican outside was dressed in a Phillies jersey and hat, so even better!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

S.E. PA
“Great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We like to pass by the lines at Mr. Bill's pancake house and jump right into the Pudgie Pelican. Everything is fresh. Service was great.

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great place to eat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011 via mobile

My husband and I went here for breakfast. Large portions, great taste, and friendly service. If your not looking for any where fancy, you just want to get good food I highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia Suburbs
“Great Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

Went here twice in two weeks and both times the breakfast was very good. Let me start by saying the prices are reasonable and the atmosphere is nice and inviiting. We had a party of five (3 adults/2children). The first time I had an omelot and it was very good and a nice size portion. My MiL had banana pancakes, which she said were excellent. My wife had a cheese omelot and she enjoyed it. The second time I had the banana pancakes and have to agree that they are awesome. I liked this place very much and intend to try lunch there as they close at 2pm. Anyway, I even bought my two kids Pudgy Pelican shirts that they sell. I highly recommend this place for people looking for good food at a fair price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere