“UNDERwhelmed..& Pinkys out !” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Diving Horse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 57 Restaurants in Avalon
Cuisines: European
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 21st & Dune Drive
“UNDERwhelmed..& Pinkys out !”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Ehh.. Listen we all know we are in Avalon no need for the snotty tude. I actually felt they were given directions to act holier than thou. Was it my low cut blouse..? Maybe.. Food was okay.. under seasoned. Tasted the steak, veggie sides, salads kit kat dessert & peach cobbler. Highlight of my meal was the dessert which is never a good sign. As an Avalon summer native I will not be returning to dine and spend $90+ a person WITHOUT alcohol..

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

New Hampshire
“Definitely lively, but some things need work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

This venue really needs to address their noise level, first of all. We were also somewhat disappointed with the food. Half of our group's entrees were oversalted--not enough to send back, but not pleasant either. At the end of our dinner the manager/owner asked how the meal was and we told her about the saltiness of the food--but there was no offer of say a dessert for the table or any accommodations. Our server was very nice, but had no idea who got what entree. Since they are really at the top of the price range for Avalon, I just expected more. I would not return.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We had a terrific dinner here. I had the chicken which was perfect. The scallops were also tasty as well as the steak entree according to my dinner companions. I would have given five stars, but it was very noisy. There were three tables of at least 12 people, who were all shouting to each other to be heard. The service was extremely good. If you can take the noise, which I can, this is a great place to eat.

Visited August 2013
Washington DC
“Lively, lovely, great spot.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time in Avalon so I was unaware that you bring your own alcohol. We sat outside, they have a great patio with large shared tables. The food was fantastic and offered a nice variety without having that many items. The Service was great too. The fries are to die for and the tuna crudo are my favorites.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Lovely restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our first time in Avalon and we had a wonderful meal at the Diving Horse. The restaurant is decorated very nicely and I loved the pictures of the horses! Fun! The food was absolutely delicious. Our party of four were all extremely happy with their meals. And we never get dessert usually, but we couldn't resist here. We will definitely go back!!!!

• Visited June 2013