“Best Girlfriends Weekend Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Golden Inn Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oceanfront at 78th Street, Avalon, NJ 08202   |
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Avalon
Glendale
“Best Girlfriends Weekend Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This was our 3rd girlfriends weekend at the Golden Inn, and I have to say this was the best time we have had by far. Our spa package was great, our room was extremely clean, and everyone was very pleasant. We ate at Luigis restaurant our first night and have to say that the host Gary was the best part. He had us laughing from the time we got there till the time we left. It is great to see someone take control of the restaurant who cares about giving excellent customer service. We had such a great time that we ate there Saturday night too!!! We can't wait to go back to the Golden Inn and see Gary next year!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Sicklerville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

"An island paradise in NJ" is how one of my girlfriends describes our weekend at the Golden Inn. I was one of a group of 13 who spent last weekend enjoying the wonderful hospitality of the Golden Inn. The staff was very welcoming and helpful, the food was delicious, the entertainment was really enjoyable. From the spa trips to the beach, we had a fabulous weekend. One nice perk was the availability of a suite where we could all hang out. We each had a beautiful room with a view of the ocean. The Golden Inn is located right on the beach. They also have a beautiful pool and outside grill. We enjoyed every minute of our trip and made special memories.

Plymouth, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

First trip to the area, no reservation, decided it was a nice looking place, and lucky that someone cancelled a reservation. Although we would have liked a king bed, no problem with the third floor room and two beds. The room and bath were clean, but a stronger vent fan in the bathroom would help. The staff was so polite and efficient, we joked about them being clones of the Steppford Wives. Grounds were lovely, the pool area great. The hotel was very busy with a wedding and girlfriends weekend, but not a problem. In fact after the first night we stayed two additional nights and intend to return in the fall. Dustin, DeWayne, Sue, and Christina were all great and couldn't have been more helpful. Everyone on staff was friendly and courteous even in the pool area and grill.

Room Tip: We were in the East wing third floor which appears to be the older part of the hotel, but well maint...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Thank you once again Kevin!!!! We had a fantastic time with the girls this past weekend. We decided this is going to be an annual event. The food was delicious, drinks were awesome, entertainment was great. Picture perfect weather. This location is the best, steps from the beach. They provide chairs, umbrellas and towels at the pool and on the beach. This saves tons of room when packing the car. The service and General Manager are, well I can't say enough there - wonderful!!! The rooms are clean and the hotel is very nice. It isn't state of the art, but the staff makes you feel like you are at home. You can't get that just anywhere.

Tinton Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

I don't understand some of these reviews? We can't say enough nice things about the hotel manager, Kevin. We stayed there last year, and because I had to leave a day early and the no refund policy, he did absolutely everything to make it up to us. It may not be the most posh, luxurious hotel, but it surely was such a wonderful experience that we went back again this year. Kevin not only remembered who we were, he remembered our names too, and couldn't be more accommodating if he tried. I think that is part of the reason we booked our stay for next year already - we LOVE Kevin and his hospitality. Fantastic location! Great beach bar! SUPER friendly staff. All of the wait staff made us feel like we were VIP's the whole time! Thank you so much! We can't wait for next year!!

Mays Landing, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

First : The hotel was old. No big deal but definitely. Reds a lot of updating. At the restaurant for breakfast, we waited 15 minutes before someone went to help us out.

Second: I booked my trip through Expedia and paid $296 for two nights. I thought it was worth it because it was right on the beach.

BUT 5 days after I left on 5/17, I was charged another $245 as an authorization charge! I immediately called and told the front desk girl what happened and she started laughinand said she ipdidnt know what happened.

They put me through to the "manager" Angelo and its been two days and still no call back from him.

No one there says they can help me and I have never had this happen to me before.

Seriously, please be careful of this place. There are a lot of other really nice hotels that are so close by

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been checked for dust!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Avalon hotels

Philadelphia, Pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

Stayed at this hotel on business for one night. There were literally about 7 other guests staying at the hotel last night - out of hundreds of rooms they put another guest in the adjoining room to mine with only a pocket door separating the two rooms. They were loud, banging doors, smoking, and at 10:30 pm I called down to complain and they took care of it because it got quiet after that. They could have at least spread us out so that we were not all on top of each other.

They did NOT tell me upon making my reservation with their front desk staff that their restaurant would be CLOSED (so no place to get food or coffee in the morning). When I complained they said 'you have a coffee maker in your room'. Well - at 7:00 am when I plugged in the coffee maker guess what? It was BROKEN. Did not start my day off very well....

You would think that if they have a handful of guests that they would bend over backward to please their guests, give them the nicest rooms in the hotel, and try to be acccomodating for the fact that their restaurant was closed. For $100 a night I expect at least a cup of coffee in the morning.

The hotel is old and worn - the room WAS clean but showing it's age. I guess in the summer the place is jumping...but off season..DO NOT STAY HERE. I found them rude and unaccomodating.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Golden Inn Hotel? Share your experiences!