“Good food and good company plus a good book exchange” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Only Sports Bar located in Salinas, Ecuador! The place to catch your favorite sporting events from around the world! American owned and operated. English and Spanish spoken by staff.
Moncton, Canada
“Good food and good company plus a good book exchange”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Not speaking any Spanish Salinas can be a lonely place, and it was great to have someone to answer my many questions. The food was above average and it was great to have brewed coffee, and not the hot milk with instant that many of the ecuadorian places serve.. The fact they had a pocket book exchange was worth going to in its self.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“The place where it takes one hour plus to cook a hamburger :(((”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

I came to Will's bar shortly before 5 PM and was told that the place was serving food. Ordered a hamburger and beer, explaining that I was very-very hungry because had not eaten since breakfast. . In 10 minutes or so, there came Will. Could not say that he was excessively friendly, but he brought my beer and asked how I wanted my hamburger cooked. Requested a medium rare one. In another 20 minutes or so there arrived two men (father and son). They clearly were regulars and treated with lots of attention.

After 30 minutes wait or so I asked Will what was going on with my hamburger. Will explained that it takes very long to cook french fries. To make it short, my hamburger was delivered after 1 hour and 8 minutes. It was as well done as they come. The french fries were cold. The regulars were served their hamburgers immediately after me.

My bill included only beer and water, just as Will promised. However, I would much rather pay for good food and good service than wait one hour plus for an overcooked hamburger with cold fires

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Good place for a burger”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is a good "gringo" hangout for the expats. It is owned by an American fella from the south. It has tv's all around for watching sports. The night we were there they were watching the Ecuador national soccer team. They have some really good burgers and a nice layout for just hanging out. Would definitely recommend if in the area

Visited September 2012
Mcdonough,Ga
“Great Hospitality Again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

After being away 9 months we popped back in to Score and felt like we were seeing old friends. A great group of other guests made for interesting conversations and a jovial atmosphere. It was great to meet Tom, Gail, Max and Linda all here on their travels throughout Ecuador. Will's ribs were phenominal on Sunday night and Wendy's Caesar Salad was amazing. I am very picky when it comes to Caesar dressing and Wendy's was homemade and right on time with the perfect combination of citrus, anchovies and creaminess along with wonderfully crunchy croutons and perfectly prepared shrimp! Will and Wendy also offer great clean rooms at a very fair price. Christmas and Cassie, the fabulous dogs will saunter over to say Hello but if you don;t wish to give them extra attention they curl back up in one of their favorite places. I read a few reviews about a lack of hospitality here and it makes me wonder how congenial a guest these people were as over the course of many days I have seen Wendy and Will adjust based on the mood of the guest. If you are seeking conversation they happily engage and if you wish to sit quietly and read, log in to wi-fi or just relax they will allow you your piece. My hope is that noone discounts this as a viable place to stop by for great food, cold drinks and a fun atmosphere based on a few opinions. Ya' Know at $2.00 a beer, free wi-fi you have nothing to lose and we are staying here on this trip so we will be happy to let you know if we are not pleased with our accomodations. I do not foresee that occuring!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Gringos and Gringas....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Also known as "Will's Place" this is the only place I know of in Salinas where you can get a hamburger... and a good one too. A very welcoming ex-pat bar it comes loaded with a cast of interesting characters not to be missed.
And if you find your zeal for Ecuadorian fare waning Will comes to the rescue every Sunday with his All American BBQ featuring ribs and some local fresh caught seafood. You can top it off watching your favorite team on Will"s Satelite NFL Package. English spoken here... check it out.

Visited July 2012