“Quiet, clean hotel with friendly (English speaking) staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Fernandina

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puerto Ayora
Hotel Fernandina
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Av. 12 Noviembre y Piqueros, Puerto Ayora, Ecuador   |
Ranked #8 of 13 hotels in Puerto Ayora
Quito, Ecuador
“Quiet, clean hotel with friendly (English speaking) staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here one night before joining a cruise and I'm really satisfied with what they offer. The room, mine at least, is really spacious and clean, containing 2 single beds, arm chair and a table with chairs. Shelfs to put your stuff away and a spacious and clean bathroom with a good hot shower. The decoration is basic as I prefer. Shampoo etc is provided, free wifi and a really nice outside area. I didn't use the swimming pool but I stepped by and it definitely appealed to me.

All the staff members speak English and that's what the kept talking to me, even while I responded every time in Spanish.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dover, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

This was my favorite hotel on the islands. The staff here were friendly, helpful and they all spoke English! The room, while it was very basic, was clean and had everything you really needed except a TV. I don’t generally watch TV on vacation anyway, so this was no big deal. The grounds are neat and tidy as well. And the internet connection was very good, which was great for updating friends and family on my trip.

The food here was the best of all the places I stayed as well. You do not get any real choices, so if you are a picky eater, you want to make other arrangements. But for me, it was just right; fresh fruit, lean meat, rice and veggies. I thought it was very healthy, but still filling and tasty.

I actually passed through here again for breakfast on my way home after visiting other islands and the staff there remembered me by name and welcomed me back. I thought that was really nice and not the kind of service you get just anywhere. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I loved this hotel. It's very clean and neat and have the best aircon. Trust me you will need aircon!

There is a lovely outside area to sit and a pool.

It's run by n family, which adds a nice touch. Their friendliness is very welcoming!

It's not on the water, about 5 min walk from town, but a taxi is only 1 dollar, if the heat get's too much for you.

I'll stay here again when I come back.

• Stayed February 2013
Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Our tour company arranged for our stay. As previous reviewers have commented, the rooms are large but offer no ammenities whatsoever - just a bed and two end tables. The bathroom had an impractical pedestal sink which meant there was no place to put your tolitries. While shampoo was provided, there was no soap. Breakfast was included, but if you didn't early early there wasn't much food left. The selection of food was poor and the food wasn't all that good either. It seemed that they cooked only a fixed amount of food and after it was gone you were out of luck. The pool had a murky green color during our visit and we choose not to use it. The hot tub wasn't much better. It was only half full and didn't look like it got much use. There were wi-fi signs posted all over the place, but for the three days were were there it was useless. The front desk reset it a couple of times and it would work for a few minutes and then go down. The location was convenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
new york city
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

We stayed for a few days after touring the islands by yacht. The rooms are fine, very clean and quiet. It was great that they can turn around your laundry in a few hours for just a few dollars. Everything in town is a short walk away, or you can take one of the local cabs for $1.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Aust
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

This is a decent hotel for the Galapagos. The room is an ok size, but no TV though and it is a bit dark.
There is a safety deposit box and the WIFI is free. The restaurant food is good.
I did not use the pool (across the street) but saw that it was quite busy.
the hotel is 2 blocks away from Charles Darwin street, the main drag with all the tourist shops, restaurants etc..

Laundry does take 2 days to do, not sure whether it was because I checked in on a Monday.
Chilled water is available free from dispensers.

There is alot if stairs, a bit of a problem if you have suitcases.

In summary, a decent hotel in a good location - nothing spectacular but all the important services are catered for.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Aarhus, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Rooms are quite spacious, but they have no charm at all - Almost reminded me of a hospital. For the price I would definitely expect more (there was no fridge, no tv, no safety-box), and there was a lot of noise, as you could hear everything going on outside. I didn't see anyone use the pool, which was across the street. Wi-fi comes and goes. Friendly staff though, and a nice breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Fernandina? Share your experiences!