This hotel is situated on the waterfront, with wildlife often visiting the swimming pool, which is a plus. It is within easy walking to the Pier, the bank and ATM are next door, the best restaurants just across the road, all the major souvenir shops along the same street, the dive shops as well. It is extremely well located. It was clean and laid back. We had one small problem in communication on one particular occasion when there was a tour to one of the islands where we thought we were going to be stranded at the pier but it was solved so no worries. Otherwise the staff was very nice and accommodating, they uses to call the taxi for us and even pay for it (we booked several excursions in the 4 nights we stayed there. The breakfast was ok if nothing fancy, but it was buffet style and catered enough and for everyone. The rooms were always well cleaned and the place was peacuful. We had rooms overlooking the bay and pool, and things were pretty quite and there was no particular noise. It was well suited for our needs.
The only negative that we encountered was that the hot tub was HOT, with one child actually heard telling his father that it felt like lava!! (it did)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you for your interest in Hotel Solymar and our New Extension Isla Sol, located 10 steps from the entrance of Hotel Solymar. We are centrally located in Puerto Ayora’s mainstreet, with ocean access, and a beautiful patio for your guests to enjoy the nature that is Galapagos. Galapagos' only Galapagueño owned and operated first class hotel. Our father, a Galapagos tourism pioneer and legend, Jimmy Perez, opened the hotel in 1960 with eight rooms. It was later completely renovated in 2007 to bring the capacity to 17 rooms with ocean front views.In Hotel Solymar we have 17 rooms equipped with LED flat screen TVs, minibars, air conditioning, hot water, private balconies which allow our guests to appreciate a spectacular ocean view. Guests may enjoy a our jacuzzi, pool, and bar in our open air patio area or enjoy a more formal setting in our dining room, all while experiencing the service of our ultra attentive staff.August of this year, we inaugurated Isla Sol by Hotel Solymar; a new building with 14 modern rooms (6 exterior view – 8 interior view). Isla Sol with meeting space for up to 120 people, ideal for hosting any type of event in Galapagos.As former guides, we know our Islands intimately and can assist our guests with their travel plans, whether your desires be to kayak with sea lions or hike through the highlands to encounter the famous giant tortoises.Our staff speaks English, Spanish and Hebrew. We hail from Galapagos, Columbia, mainland Ecuador, Israel and United States. With our diverse international staff we are proud to provide a level of hospitality and guest service that keeps guests returning year after year.We look forward to welcoming you soon at Hotel Solymar - Galapagos! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Solymar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solymar Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Solymar Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz