Stayed at the Solymar for 4 nights from March to April 2013. Hotel is split with one part facing the pool, bar area and sea front and the other part across the road facing the street. Like many people in Puerto Ayora, my wife and I were staying in the town to go on dive trips in the surrounding area.
We had booked a room with a sea view, but found that includes the rooms on the far side of the street from which we couldn't see the sea at all. Room was clean and pleasant, however on the first night (a Saturday) we found that the noise from the street was very loud and woke us serveral times, which was not ideal since we needed to be up early for diving. We commented to the reception staff in the morning and with no fuss were moved at our convenience to the rooms actually facing the sea and bar area which are far quieter and also have balconies. Staff were also very helpful in booking a restuarant for us.
Lastly I should mention the buffet breakfast which was included and excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you for your interest in Hotel Solymar and our New Extension Isla Sol, located 10 steps from the entrance of Hotel Solymar. We are centrally located in Puerto Ayora’s mainstreet, with ocean access, and a beautiful patio for your guests to enjoy the nature that is Galapagos. Galapagos' only Galapagueño owned and operated first class hotel. Our father, a Galapagos tourism pioneer and legend, Jimmy Perez, opened the hotel in 1960 with eight rooms. It was later completely renovated in 2007 to bring the capacity to 17 rooms with ocean front views.In Hotel Solymar we have 17 rooms equipped with LED flat screen TVs, minibars, air conditioning, hot water, private balconies which allow our guests to appreciate a spectacular ocean view. Guests may enjoy a our jacuzzi, pool, and bar in our open air patio area or enjoy a more formal setting in our dining room, all while experiencing the service of our ultra attentive staff.August of this year, we inaugurated Isla Sol by Hotel Solymar; a new building with 14 modern rooms (6 exterior view – 8 interior view). Isla Sol with meeting space for up to 120 people, ideal for hosting any type of event in Galapagos.As former guides, we know our Islands intimately and can assist our guests with their travel plans, whether your desires be to kayak with sea lions or hike through the highlands to encounter the famous giant tortoises.Our staff speaks English, Spanish and Hebrew. We hail from Galapagos, Columbia, mainland Ecuador, Israel and United States. With our diverse international staff we are proud to provide a level of hospitality and guest service that keeps guests returning year after year.We look forward to welcoming you soon at Hotel Solymar - Galapagos! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Hotel Solymar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Solymar Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Solymar Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz