“Interesting location....good food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Puerto Ayora
Toronto
“Interesting location....good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

To get to this hotel you need to take a water taxi. The hotel has two of these. They have a distinctive green awning and the hotel name is on the side of the boat. They are available hourly. If you do not want to wait, there are many other water taxis available.....60 cents for day trip, $1.00 for evening trip per person.
When you disembark, there is a few steps up to the landing.
Then you have a walk of approx. 8 - 10 minutes to the hotel.
Your luggage is taken care of by hotel staff so you do not have to pull it along behind you....at least we did not have to worry about that.
The pool is very nice but warm.
There is a sandy public beach adjacent to the hotel....not much shade though on the beach.
Breakfast at the hotel was pretty standard...good service. Always two kinds of fresh juice and crisp bacon.
Lunch and dinner menu had a good variety of items. This hotel is very keen on meal presentation and cutlery is constantly changing. The food was excellent. Vegetables were often sparse but all one had to do was ask for vegetables and a good sized dish of them appeared. Appreciated this. And the service was usually very good unless you were with a large group ie 15 and then it slowed considerably.
Rooms were standard. Yummy chocolates each night at bedside.
Only one hook in the bathroom right over the T paper so watch what you hang there....nothing wet!
Bathroom mat was too small and floor tended to be slippery as a result.
Expect a bit of sand in the room from the pathways....but they sweep 2x day.
A pleasant place to spend your evenings after day trips.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Morristown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

If you've ever thought about going to the Galápagos Islands-do it!! Be sure you stay at Finch Bay Eco Hotel!! The daily excursions were awesome! The food at Finch Bay was simply delicious! The staff was there to tend to every need! Our main guide Mario was so knowledgeable about the Islands and made sure everyone was enjoying each day!
A super vacation !!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I found this hotel through Trip Advisor...I was looking for a land-based hotel for Galapagos that had day excursions out to other island for snorkeling. We only had 5 days as an add-on to a trip to Ecuador. The staff was very helpful in customizing an all-inclusive trip that fit our schedule. There was someone to meet us at the airport and we had a great time including creative and delicious meals, fun snorkeling excursions including wondering lunches on the yachts, visits to other islands to see wildlife, a visit to see tortoises in the wild, comfortable hotel accommodations. Mario was a wonderful guide, and we had such a great time. The day we left, hotel staff got us safely back to the airport for our flight.
Only negative was that in all my research I didn't realize that when you arrive at the airport and go through customs there is a $100 per person CASH payment required as an entrance fee to Galapagos as it's something like 98% national park. I didn't have the $400 cash needed so I paid for my 3 children and they kept my passport. Back at the hotel, they let me charge my credit card and get cash; someone from the hotel then took the $100 cash the next day and went to the national park office and picked up my passport

Room Tip: we had a room for 4 (two double beds but also used a roll away bed) w/ water view & balcony w/ h...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Stayed 2 nights after researching options on Santa Cruz Island. Very happy with my choice. Hotel was in a nice area away from town (quick boat ride to Finch Bay). My room was small but cozy & comfortable with good working A/C and a nice bathroom. Food was very good--had dinners & breakfasts there as it was included in my package. Pool & beach were nice. Staff was very helpful & friendly. Highly recommend this modern hotel in a quiet bay area!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We didn't stay at this hotel but always came to use their pool and to eat lunch. It is located a short taxi boat ride from Puerto Ayora, it has a gorgeous pool, great ocean view and the loveliest atmosphere. Their food is awesome! We loved it. We would consider actually staying there next time we visit.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We spent 3 nights here in Room 19, paid the cheaper price for a non-sea view room but ended up with a side sea view by virtue of being on the end of a row - perfect! Rooms were spacious with good air conditioning (much needed as Galápagos was extremely hot and humid!). Liked the touch of always having fresh water replenished in room. Pool and beach areas are immaculate and great for relaxing after a long day out. The food at Finch Bay was delicious, I had one of my best meals of our trip when I had the macadamia nut crusted fish one night. The bar tender Jorge was lovely and we even introduced him to espresso martinis which he was happy to make for us. If I am ever lucky enough to return to Galápagos I would love to stay at Finch Bay again!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Laughlin, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel during an organized Galapagos tour so it was picked for us by the company. Excellent choice! I don't know about all of the rooms but the ones I could see all had nice porches with 2 chairs and a table for relaxing and a hammock that could be strung up for lounging. The room itself was spacious with plenty of closet space, a nice desk and a decent bathroom. The breakfast buffet was great with a good variety and the best juices I've ever tasted. I don't know if everyone had the set menu for dinner with only a choice of 2 entrees but we did and it was fine for me. I could see though how the portions would be too small for some. The staff was friendly, helpful and wonderful especially Cesar in the dining room and Pepe at the bar. I especially liked the reusable water bottles in the rooms that could be used everyday and filled with ice water at the bar before heading out. The hotel is rather isolated from town. One can either use the hotels boat (free) or a water taxi ($.60) to get across the bay to go into town. I did both and it was certainly fine. The pool is glorious and the beach in front of the hotel is nice as well although it can get crowded in the afternoons. The grounds of the hotel are gorgeous and very clean (the whole place was clean) and so nice to wander around in the evenings. We went out 2 days on the Sea Lion as part of our tour but I think it's the same boat the hotel uses for day excursions as there were some not with our group but from the hotel on board. That could not have been better! The staff on the boat was wonderful. I was impressed with the amazing lunch they put together. The only reason I rated this hotel as "very good" and not "excellent" was the location (some might see it as a drawback) and the lack of dining options. I would absolutely stay there again!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Been to Finch Bay Eco Hotel? Share your experiences!