To get to this hotel you need to take a water taxi. The hotel has two of these. They have a distinctive green awning and the hotel name is on the side of the boat. They are available hourly. If you do not want to wait, there are many other water taxis available.....60 cents for day trip, $1.00 for evening trip per person.
When you disembark, there is a few steps up to the landing.
Then you have a walk of approx. 8 - 10 minutes to the hotel.
Your luggage is taken care of by hotel staff so you do not have to pull it along behind you....at least we did not have to worry about that.
The pool is very nice but warm.
There is a sandy public beach adjacent to the hotel....not much shade though on the beach.
Breakfast at the hotel was pretty standard...good service. Always two kinds of fresh juice and crisp bacon.
Lunch and dinner menu had a good variety of items. This hotel is very keen on meal presentation and cutlery is constantly changing. The food was excellent. Vegetables were often sparse but all one had to do was ask for vegetables and a good sized dish of them appeared. Appreciated this. And the service was usually very good unless you were with a large group ie 15 and then it slowed considerably.
Rooms were standard. Yummy chocolates each night at bedside.
Only one hook in the bathroom right over the T paper so watch what you hang there....nothing wet!
Bathroom mat was too small and floor tended to be slippery as a result.
Expect a bit of sand in the room from the pathways....but they sweep 2x day.
A pleasant place to spend your evenings after day trips.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning hotel enjoys a peaceful and magical beachfront location in Puerto Ayora, on Santa Cruz Island. The 21 Garden View-room and 6 Ocean View suite hotel makes the ideal base for exploring the natural diversity and attractions of the island – including Tortuga Bay beach – and for taking day-trips to nearby islands, aboard its own, specialized yachts. The hotel also implements best practices in sustainable tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Finch Bay Eco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Finch Bay Eco
- Finch Bay Eco Puerto Ayora
- Finch Bay Eco Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz