We spent three nights at Finch Bay after our cruise around the Galapagos Islands. Having taken the water taxi we were met by a hotel employee who transported our bags whilst we made the 5 minute walk to the hotel. We were allocated a sea view room which was very spacious and extremely comfortable. The hammock on the balcony was a very nice touch ! All the reviews I have read mention the staff, they are all very friendly and extremely helpful. We also had the "Carlos treatment", he was around all of the time asking if there was anything he could do, fetch drink, order food etc. He obviously enjoys his job and was a credit to the hotel. He excelled himself on our last night when our travel agent had organised us a special meal which Carlos arranged by the swimming pool overlooking the beach. The food was top class and needless to say service impeccable. The Argentinian steak is "to die for".
I cannot fault the staff or the hotel in anyway, it is a marvellous location for a restful few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning hotel enjoys a peaceful and magical beachfront location in Puerto Ayora, on Santa Cruz Island. The 21 Garden View-room and 6 Ocean View suite hotel makes the ideal base for exploring the natural diversity and attractions of the island – including Tortuga Bay beach – and for taking day-trips to nearby islands, aboard its own, specialized yachts. The hotel also implements best practices in sustainable tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Finch Bay Eco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Finch Bay Eco
- Finch Bay Eco Puerto Ayora
- Finch Bay Eco Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz