Stayed at Finch Bay for two nights after spending 8 days cruising the islands (see my review on the Anahi yacht). Off the beaten path, you take a water taxi for a few minutes to a shared pier, and then walk about 10 minutes down a path. Then, there it is! a lovely hotel. I spent a lot of time searching for hotels, and glad I decided on Finch Bay. I chose this place because they have a beach and a pool, most hotels here do not. My friend was there for a day on her own while myself and two others went diving. The manager, Xavier (aka Tito, from Quito) spent time with her and she had a nice day just relaxing by the pool. The breakfast was very nice, good selection of items and fresh juices. Free wifi in the lobby area, although the signal isn't the greatest. When I got to the hotel after diving, I arrived to find two bottles of wine and a card from my boyfriend, who arranged it via email with Xavier. What a nice surprise and Xavier was great at arranging that. Spent a fun night just playing cards in the lobby on their comfy chairs and drinking our wine. The rooms are good sized and clean. Hammocks for each room is a nice touch. I wish I could have stayed another day. Thanks Finch Bay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning hotel enjoys a peaceful and magical beachfront location in Puerto Ayora, on Santa Cruz Island. The 21 Garden View-room and 6 Ocean View suite hotel makes the ideal base for exploring the natural diversity and attractions of the island – including Tortuga Bay beach – and for taking day-trips to nearby islands, aboard its own, specialized yachts. The hotel also implements best practices in sustainable tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Expedia, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Finch Bay Eco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Finch Bay Eco
- Finch Bay Eco Puerto Ayora
- Finch Bay Eco Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz