After researching several hotels in the Galapagos Islands I selected Finch Bay based on the many excelent reviews it received. My husband and I and our friends could not have been happier with the choice. This hotel is the perfect land based destination for a tour of the islands. Below, I have touched on the aspects of this place that I believe make it so special:
1) The Hotel Itself. It is situated on a lovely beach with amazing sunsets. The pool is large; the pool side bar serves great drinks thanks to it's very talented barman, Jorge; the rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable. Here I want to mention that we stayed in a standard room one night and then ugraded to an ocean view room. The standard room was perfectly fine but we wanted to do something a bit more special to celebrate our anniversary. I highly recommend the ocean view for both it's size and, as you might expect, the beautiful views.
2) The Food. Breakfasts are large with a nice variety of dishes. Dinners are truly gourmet with wonderful soups, salads and a choice of three entrees each evening and don't pass on the desserts- delicious! The daily lunch served aboard the yachts during the tours was also good and served on white table cloths with wait service. Amazing!
3) The Service Staff. Everyone we met was warm and friendly. They all went out of their way to make us feel special. I especially want to mention Carlos who did everything from moving our luggage to our rooms tp serving in the dining room to being our own personal server one evening when we celebrated our anniversary with a special pool side dinner. Thank you, Carlos.
4) The Tour Guides. They were friendly, very knowledgeable and obviously care passionately about the islands. Our guides, Valentine and Soto, gave us a true appreciation of this beautiful place and it's special creatures.
5) The Hotel Manager, Tito. We appreciated the fact that Tito was a very visable presence at the hotel. He stoppped by to chat every day and was always accomodating with any special request. When I mentioned that we were celebrating our anniversary he promised us something special and he delivered on that promise. Thank you, Tito.
Our visit to the Galapagos Islands and our stay at Finch Bay will always stand out as one of our most memorable trips. Thanks to all who made it so.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award-winning hotel enjoys a peaceful and magical beachfront location in Puerto Ayora, on Santa Cruz Island. The 21 Garden View-room and 6 Ocean View suite hotel makes the ideal base for exploring the natural diversity and attractions of the island – including Tortuga Bay beach – and for taking day-trips to nearby islands, aboard its own, specialized yachts. The hotel also implements best practices in sustainable tourism. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL and Despegar.com so you can book your Finch Bay Eco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Finch Bay Eco
- Finch Bay Eco Puerto Ayora
- Finch Bay Eco Hotel Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz