I stayed at Hotel SIlberstein for my 3-night visit to the Galpagos Islands. I found the location to be great - walking distance to Charles Darwin Station and to "downtown" Puerto Ayora.
First, about the hotel:
The hotel grounds are very pleasant, with the rooms surrounding a small (though large enough) swimming pool and courtyard. My room faced the street, but there is not much noise in Puerto Ayora at night. The room itself was nice - very clean, A/C, king-size bed, desk, and closet. No television, but tha twas fine with me. The bathroom was small but clean. The restaurant/bar at the hotel was very good and reasonably priced. There is also free wifi in the common spaces of the property. I found the staff at the front desk to be very friendly and helpful.
Next, about the town:
I found Puerto Ayoro to be pleasant. Being that is the only real town on Santa Cruz Island, you really have no choice but to stay here. The main street has a ton of souvenir shops and restaurants. I walked around day and night and felt very comfortable. Once you leave the main drag the neighborhoods look to be a bit run-down. The town definitely allows you to feel like you are on an adventure (not your typical Caribbean Island port town - quite a bit rougher around the edges).
And do yourself a favor - ask for direction for the walk through town toTortuga Bay. It is roughly 30 minutes from downtown, but worth every step. This is one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen, anywhere in the world.
All in all, I would recommend Hotel Silberstein as a base for seeing the Galapagos Islands.
- Also Known As:
- Galextur Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Hotel Silberstein Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In 1991 family Silberstein bought the former Residencial Angermeyer from the long Galapagos inhabitants Angermeyer. It was known to be the No.1 destination for information about the Islands. Today it has been rebuilt with all amenities to fulfill the expectations and beyond of our guests from all over the world. Our 24 comfortable rooms are all equipped with individual air condition and have a private bathroom with shower and permanent hot water, heated environmentally friendly by the sun. Our Restaurant offers international food and local specialties prepared by our professional team. For a complete vacation we offer any kind of tours, such as Diving with our attached Dive Center and Daily Tours, as well as airport transfers and in between the different islands. Contact us for more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hotel Silberstein reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.