“Great place to dive” 5 of 5 stars

Las Vegas, Nevada
19 attraction reviews
“Great place to dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Great diving expserance today with these guys , first rate , organized well run dive boat , thanks Juan Carlos you made us feel welcome and the dives were great , hammerhead sharks , white tip , turtles and much more , no need to take anything with you all on board for you to use .next time I'm back here for sure going with these guys , thanks again .

Visited December 2012

Phoenix, Arizona
14 attraction reviews
“Absolute Best Dive Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

The most professional dive shop I've ever had the pleasure of doing business with. As a diver I have never been so well informed of all aspects of the day from departing the dive shop via the road journey then to the boat journey to the destination then to the actual dive with all expectations noted, including white board for visuals of destinations and dives. Not only were they Incredibly well informed and pro active but they try to make everything easy on the guest/diver by helping us with our wet suits, fins and gloves etc sayng we are their guest and we shouldn't have to work on our holiday. Upon re-entering the boat after a dive,Ii was handed a dry towel and hot cup of tea. Sandwiches served between dives and a hot lunch served upon the completion of two dives. And amazing dives with videos to prove it. Oh if only every other company followed the ways of Scuba Iguana. ABSOLUTELY THE BEST DIVE SHOP I've ever experienced.

Visited November 2012
Youngstown, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent Dive Company in the Galapagos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I visited the Galapagos with a group of friends back in July of 2012. I only did one day of diving with Scuba Iguana but I wish I had been able to do all of it with them. They managed to squeeze us in at the last minute when they had a cancellation. Myself and 3 friends along with a couple of others took the trip to Beagle and Daphne. It was the most incredible day of diving I have ever had. Not only did we see an incredible variety and quantity of wildlife, but the boat was comfortable and our captain and dive guides were top notch. Paulo served as our guide on both dives but Quike was also on the trip and they were both great. They explained everything thoroughly and I always felt like they had our best interest in mind. No one can guarantee what you will see on your particular dive, but on our two dives we say multiple hammerheads, giant manta rays, plenty of sea turtles, Galapagos sharks, sea lions among other things. We were able to purchase a CD of the pictures and movies from our dive and they turned out incredible.

My only complaint and it is not a big one is that I was persuaded not to use my wetsuit which I had brought with me as they said it was too thin and I would be cold. After diving, I wish I had worn my own suit as I was actually overheating in the 7mil suit. I was constantly having to open up the sleeves to let more cold water in. However, it was only a minor inconvenience and if I have to err on one side or another, I would rather be too hot than too cold.

Several members from our group dove with them on multiple days and had a good experience as well.

All in all, I would highly recommend Scuba Iguana for your diving while in Santa Cruz, Galapagos.

Visited July 2012
Miami, Florida
6 attraction reviews
“Scuba Iguana is the best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Just came from the Galapagos and booked 2 days of diving . I am very impressed at their service especially dealing with Claudia( online) since we had to make so many changes and she tailored the dive trips to our schedule and made changes without a hitch. The equipment was safe and Veronica is very amiable and helpful. My daughter wanted to dive but since she only had 20 dives , she was not allowed to go to Gordon Rocks and I really appreciate that they have safety on their mind. Also, my husband decided to get a CD after our trip and they are shipping it to us at no extra cost! Thank you Scuba Iguana!

RI
“Better than most dive centers in the US”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I researched centers heavily before heading to the islands and these guys are listed as #1 on most sites for a good reason. It is definitely a top-class company. The picture of the facility really doesn't do the place justice. It's a large, clean, organized building with a ton a equipment, great set-up and their own dock. The rest of the centers in town are little store front who are still trying to hawk their dives at late-nights passers-by on the streets.

I started on Isla Isabela where the two dives shops never had enough people for a dive and kept telling me "just wait until tomorrow and we'll have enough to go". I finally gave up and headed back to Santa Cruz (ironically, one of the Isabella dive shop owners was at the docks loading inter-island commuters onto one of his boats...) and went straight to Scuba Iguana. They had dives available every day with one sold out. The equipment is in very good shape, so no reason to lug your own. Unlike many other shops, the people setting up the dives speak English which made me feel much more comfortable given my horrible Spanish. No extra fees charged for using your credit card like other shops either.

If your hotel has a dock, they can pick you up there for dives starting out of Puerto Ayora. If not, or for the Northern dives, you start at the center where they serve you hot drinks and go over the dive plan for the day. The Northern trips include a taxi trip up to the Baltra docks where you can see the poor condition of the other dive shops' equipment next to Iguana's as the different groups are getting prepped. On the boat, they go over the specific plans and will do an in-water safety/skill check with any new divers so no one else's dive is ruined by someone diving beyond their means. Between the dives is a snack that would be the equivalent of the full lunch on most other boats (hot dogs, sandwiches, hot tea, cookies...). The actual lunch was amazing: hot roasted fish with plantains & salad one day, ceviche with corn & plantains the next. Dropped me back at my hotel dock afterward.

They also make a good slideshow/video of your dive. I had my GoPro so I wasn't going to bother, but ended up buying one anyway when I saw the quality.

Having seen the other shops' facilities and equipment was enough to rank Scuba Iguana #1. But, I also heard some horror stories from other travelers about the other shops like last-minute cancellations of dive trips, bad food, and divemasters losing members of their party underwater. Just make the 3 minute walk off the main street to these guys. It's totally worth it.

Visited November 2012