This was our first hotel on a land-based trip around the Galapagos and it couldn't have been a better introduction to the islands. Our 2nd floor double room was spacious, clean and very comfortable. The wifi and AC both worked well. There was a water cooler and mini-fridge just outside the door to our room. The fridge has a shelf marked for each room to use which was nice and it was great to have unlimited drinking water. The breakfast was substantial and delicious and the mother & daughter who own the hotel were just terrific. Josy (the daughter) speaks nearly-perfect English and helped us plan our days on the island and get our ferry booked to the next island. Aside from some dreary weather it was a terrific stay. My only complaints were the construction noise during the day (not a big problem since we were gone most of the days) and that they don't accept credit cards (which I didn't know when I booked the room through Expedia). Since we were trying to avoid carrying a lot of cash, I ended up wiring the money for the room in advance. A credit card would have been much simpler. This was the most expensive hotel we stayed at while in the Galapagos but it was definitely the best.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galapagos Suites is a lodging place that offers personalized first class service. We strive to provide a unique experience at our hotel. The hotel is within walking distance of the waterfront which allows our guest to experience the richness of the local culture, cuisine, shopping and beaches. Galapagos Suites has 5 rooms, each with private bathroom, hot water, air-conditioning, safety box, balcony area and American breakfast is included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Galapagos Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galapagos Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Galapagos Suites Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz