This is my first review ever and glad that I get to write about Galapagos Suites. My husband, daughter and I stayed there in mid-July. A mother and daughter team own this lovely hotel! They are both named Joseline or Josy for short. They played a big part in making our vacation at the Galapagos Islands an awesome experience. We already had a good first impression before we even got to Ecuador. We communicated with the younger Josy via telephone and email to arrange our room. She was easy to reach and if not available, she replied promptly. Her professionalism over the phone was key in our final decision about hotel accommodation. Yes, this hotel is immaculate (inside and out), comfortable beds, hot water/good quality towels/great shower head/good toilet, electronic safe in room, spacious closets, clean water is provided (bottled water cooler outside room for unlimited drinking and pitcher of water for brushing teeth provided daily), breakfast included (bread, butter/jam, ham/cheese, yogurt, cereal, fresh fruit juice/coffee/tea, fresh fruits, delicious home-baked goods), laundry service ($1/pound), private transportation from and to airport can be arranged for $30 each way (so worth it! e.g. driver picks you up from the airport, stays with you throughout your 45-minute "journey" from airport to hotel and takes care of your luggage; Juan, the driver, is courteous and friendly, too!), a/c available in room or may use screened doors if outside cool air preferred, locked gates (key provided) and free internet. No insect problems, by the way! They can help arrange tours for a reasonable price also. The cleaning lady is very polite and sweet. Hotel is situated about 5-10 minute walk to the restaurants and shopping area. What made this place exceptional, however, is that they go above and beyond expectations and made us feel welcomed the moment we were greeted at the gate. Our daughter was celebrating her 15th birthday and Josy found time to buy cake and balloons which was nicely set up in the terrace when we arrived at the hotel after an exhausting day of touring (thank you for singing Feliz Cumpleanos with us!). Another incident we can't forget is that one morning, we got up too late for our tour pick-up time, Josy (the mother) kindly asked the tour driver if he could come back in a few minutes to give us time to get ready and she hurriedly prepared breakfast for us so we could have something to eat before we left for our adventure. Little acts of kindness like these show how sincerely they care for their guests. "Mrs" and "Ms" Josy made us feel like we were part of their home, that we had someone we can rely and trust and, most importantly, made us feel safe while being in an unfamiliar place. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Galapagos Suites is a lodging place that offers personalized first class service. We strive to provide a unique experience at our hotel. The hotel is within walking distance of the waterfront which allows our guest to experience the richness of the local culture, cuisine, shopping and beaches. Galapagos Suites has 5 rooms, each with private bathroom, hot water, air-conditioning, safety box, balcony area and American breakfast is included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Galapagos Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galapagos Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Galapagos Suites Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz