When I shared with relatives in Ecuador that I would be staying at the Semilla Verde in Galapagos, they tried to dissuade me from finalizing my trip arguing that I could find cheaper hotels elsewhere on the islands. Although booking a cheaper hotel sounded tempting, I decided to follow my gut (given Semilla Verde’s excellent reviews and my correspondence with Robert the owner) and give Semilla Verde a try. I’m glad I did.
From the beginning, Robert displayed a high sense of class and professionalism responding to my numerous inquiries and emails in prompt fashion and planning my itinerary based on my personal needs and interests. Upon arriving at the airport, Robert welcomed and greeted me with an infectious and warm smile; we boarded the ferry and then rode in his newly painted land rover to Semilla Verde. Secluded in the highlands, it was more than what I could ever imagine – pristine, surrounded by lush vegetation, charming, spectacular views all around, a nature lover’s dream. As I made my way into the house, I experienced a sense of warmth and peace. In that instant I knew I had made the right choice. After settling in, a delightful lunch prepared by Robert’s wife Daisy awaited me. Following lunch, Robert took me on a local tour of the island sharing his vast and keen knowledge of the Galapagos.
Over the course of the next 6 days, I visited 4 outlying islands and explored more of Santa Cruz. At the end of each day, I would arrive to Semilla Verde always finding the place clean and impeccable. Robert keeps an excellent collection of books and DVD's, which I would delve into every night before going to sleep.
Every morning I would look forward to a delicious breakfast consisting of cereal, omelet, fruit, fresh coffee and juice. The daily boat excursions Robert planned for me provided lunch. Puerto Ayora, about a 15 minute cab ride from Semilla Verde, has inexpensive dining options which Robert will tell you about. Having dinner prepared at Semilla Verde is also another option. You can’t go wrong here. I had dinner at Semilla Verde on 2 days. Daisy is an excellent cook and reasonable menu options are available.
In summary, during my stay at Semilla Verde, Robert went above and beyond the call of duty. He has a deep genuine respect and appreciation for the islands and you will too after your stay. I have absolutely no regrets in my decision to book my trip at Semilla Verde. It was worth every cent and more. When I return to Galapagos, I will not hesitate to book at Semilla Verde again. They have my highest recommendation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- !!! NEW IN 2015 !!! In addition to our yoga studio the mini-spa will offer our guests facial and body treatments, massage and sauna. Semilla Verde Lodge offers complete hotel & tour package options. You will visit outlying islands and local sites with qualified naturalist guides and experience first hand the beauty of Galapagos and it's unique flora and fauna - from giant tortoises and lava lizards to marine iguanas and playful sea lions. Your stay will be based in an original and idyllic rural retreat where peace, privacy and Galapagos wildlife abounds. You will enjoy one-to-one personal service, traditional home cooking, panoramic views from private terrace, spa services and exclusive access to nature trails through twelve acres of private forest where giant tortoises lumber freely and native birds thrive. At night, gaze up into the unspoilt majesty of the milky way. Comfortable en-suite bedrooms with AC, WiFi and DVD just 12 minutes taxi ride from Puerto Ayora. All in all, an authentic and genuinely friendly land-base for your Galapagos adventure and an all encompassing alternative to a traditional cruise ship experience. Semilla Verde Lodge & Spa. Your Natural Selection for Adventure, Relaxation & Revitalisation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Semilla Verde Galapagos Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Semilla Verde Galapagos Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Semilla Verde Galapagos Lodge Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz