Semilla Verde has great service and an excellent standard of accommodation. But what makes this an excellent rating for me is that it is more than just somewhere to stay. It is a remarkably simple concept that Robert, the owner, has nailed. As an experienced guide, naturalist, Robert brings together everything that defines the Galapagos. Sustainability - the fledgling coffee plantation and the ecological engineering that goes into his lodge. Nature - the outstanding view across south Santa Cruz, the incredible bird life, the free roaming giant tortoises and his knowledge of all of the above. Philosophy - the owner understands the relevance of galapagos - is well read on Darwin and has a few of his own clever theories - for us this enhanced the magic of the galapagos. It just feels right - he could have been a marketing professional... Oh, and him and Daisy are extremely nice people too.
- Also Known As:
- Semilla Verde Galapagos Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Semilla Verde Galapagos Hotel
- Semilla Verde Galapagos Lodge Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Semilla Verde Lodge offers complete hotel & tour package options. You will visit outlying islands and local sites with qualified naturalist guides and experience first hand the beauty of Galapagos and it's unique flora and fauna - from giant tortoises and lava lizards to marine iguanas and playful sea lions. Your stay will be based in an original and idyllic rural retreat where peace, privacy and Galapagos wildlife abounds. You will enjoy one-to-one personal service, traditional home cooking, panoramic views from private terraces and exclusive access to nature trails through twelve acres of private forest where giant tortoises lumber freely and native birds thrive; at night, gaze up into the unspoilt majesty of the milky way. Comforatable en-suite bedrooms with AC, WiFi and TV/DVD just 12 minutes taxi ride from Puerto Ayora. All in all, an authentic and genuinely friendly land-base for your Galapagos adventure and an all encompassing alternative to a traditional cruise ship experience. ... more less