Semilla Verde is a charming guest house in the highlands of Santa Cruz. The property itself is absolutely beautiful! We roamed the trails on the property to take in the giant tortoises, coffee plants, banana trees, roosters, and lovely vegetation. From the moment we arrived in Baltra, we were taken care of by Robert and his staff. Hugo, one of the go-to taxi drivers for Semilla Verde, was sent to pick us up from the airport and escort us to the property on Santa Cruz. Hugo is a delightful, hardworking man who drove us into town on numerous occasions during our stay at Semilla Verde. We were fortunate enough to stay in room 1, the largest room on the third floor, which has the best views of the property. We watched the sunset from the hammock on our porch. I worked with Robert months in advance to set up an itinerary for our trip. He was very accommodating and organized day trips for us to the surrounding islands. Robert also gave us a tour of the highlands, including a trip to a tortoise preserve in Santa Rosa, in which the tortoises roam free in their natural habitat. This turned out to be one of the highlights of our Galapagos trip! The staff at Semilla Verde was very friendly. We ate many meals at the lodge, which were prepared by either the staff or by Daysi, Robert's wife. Talk about delicious!! It was by far the best food that we had on our trip. There was only one other couple staying there at the same time as us, so most of the time it felt like we had an entire house and a personal chef to ourselves! We had one dinner by candlelight, accompanied by a lit fire and soothing music. It was a nice touch since we were on our honeymoon! Another night we had the pleasure of hanging out with the owner's daughter, who is simply adorable!! I love that a real family lives on the property. Do not let the distance to Puerto Ayora dissuade you from staying here. Puerto Ayora is a nice town with many restaurants and shops, but we were happy to head back to the tranquility of the highlands at the end of each day. Town is only a quick cab ride away and one round-trip cab ride per day was included! We will stay here again if we ever make it back to the Galapagos!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- !!! NEW IN 2015 !!! In addition to our yoga studio the mini-spa will offer our guests facial and body treatments, massage and sauna. Semilla Verde Lodge offers complete hotel & tour package options. You will visit outlying islands and local sites with qualified naturalist guides and experience first hand the beauty of Galapagos and it's unique flora and fauna - from giant tortoises and lava lizards to marine iguanas and playful sea lions. Your stay will be based in an original and idyllic rural retreat where peace, privacy and Galapagos wildlife abounds. You will enjoy one-to-one personal service, traditional home cooking, panoramic views from private terrace, spa services and exclusive access to nature trails through twelve acres of private forest where giant tortoises lumber freely and native birds thrive. At night, gaze up into the unspoilt majesty of the milky way. Comfortable en-suite bedrooms with AC, WiFi and DVD just 12 minutes taxi ride from Puerto Ayora. All in all, an authentic and genuinely friendly land-base for your Galapagos adventure and an all encompassing alternative to a traditional cruise ship experience. Semilla Verde Lodge & Spa. Your Natural Selection for Adventure, Relaxation & Revitalisation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Semilla Verde Galapagos Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Semilla Verde Galapagos Hotel Puerto Ayora
- Semilla Verde Galapagos Lodge Galapagos Islands/Puerto Ayora, Santa Cruz