If all you want is a beach vacation, then go to the Bahamas. If you want hustle and noise, stay in town.. but if you want a real Galapagos experience, this is the perfect hotel. At the Royal Palm, you'll experience garua, the mist that defines the highland climate. You'll also have sunny days, cool nights, Darwin finches joining you at dinner and crickets lulling you to sleep. You can take an afternoon tour of the lava tunnels, right on the grounds. On a stroll along the stone walkway that weaves through the grounds you'll see banana, lemon, and poison apple trees, bamboo shooting to the sky, mockingbirds and butterflies. It's peaceful and beautiful.
it's 20 minutes into town, and along the way you'll see the landscape transform from lush to dry, and feel the air grow warmer and heavier. Puerto Ayora has its own beauty, some great restaurants, a busy dock, and fun shops. But we were happy to leave the heat behind after a full day of touring or shopping and retreat to the cool highlands.
The staff is exceptional. They were anxious to meet our every need, and welcomed us home each day like family, only better. My family doesn't welcome me home with a delicious meal of the freshest foods and coffee just the way I like it. They found bikes for our kids (20-somethings), so they could bike into town. They arranged tours with knowledgable, fun naturalist guides who taught us so much about the islands.
We visited in late May 2013. The weather will depend upon when you visit, but ours was great. Although too cool to make use of the pool, we didn't go to the Galapagos to sit in a pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Palm Hotel is a private family-owned hotel enjoying the quiet seclusion of its own 190 hectare estate in the lush Miconia Highland Forests of Santa Cruz. Located adjacent to the Galapagos National Park, the Royal Palm was built in 2002 and combines elegant colonial style with traditional island design. This boutique estate comprises 21 Casitas and Villas including family accommodation; the largest villa is named in honor of His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales who stayed at the hotel in 2009. The hotel has the relaxed and informal charm of an Ecuadorian Hacienda offering a unique sense of natural space. The Hotel is a member of Leading Hotels of the World and is the perfect location for both land and sea exploration of the Galapagos Islands. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Palm Hotel Galapagos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Palm Hotel Santa Cruz
- Royal Palm Santa Cruz
- Royal Palm Hotel Galapagos Galapagos Islands/Santa Cruz, Ecuador