We stayed at the Safari Camp for 3 nights after being on the boat for 5 days/4 nights. It was a perfect ending to our trip. The boat regime is very regimented due to visiting many islands and locations in a short time. We welcomed the "calm" atmosphere at the "Camp".
The tents are far from what I recall when camping as a child. They were definitely luxury accomodations! Each Tent has a lovely balcony with hammock, table and chairs for 2! We were extremely impressed with the bathroom facilites. Great shower and plenty of space in the entire modern bathroom.
I can't say enough about the food! We were impressed at every dinner....not only was the food the best we had during our 2 weeks in Ecuador, but the presentation was exquisite! The young chef and his staff were very accomodating and provided us with unbelievable dishes at each meal.
Jimmy, the bartender, was a delight! He was very accomodating and made the best Mojito we've ever had! He picked the mint from the garden at the camp! Jimmy brought us beers out to the "sunset deck" and assisted us with our photography! The deck is amazing and the views and sunset were spectacular.
We highly recommend the Safari Camp as the perfect ending to an amazing trip to the Galapagos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GSC provides an authentic inland experience by offering 9 luxury safari tents – all with oceanview balcony- in an exclusive natural environment, both as an alternative or in addition to a sea-based travel itinerary. Tents are spacious with private bathroom and hot water. Guests gather by the fireplace in the main room to view the sunsets, taste our chef´s creative dishes in the panoramic dining room or enjoy the tranquility of the infinity pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Galapagos Safari Camp reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Galapagos Safari Camp Hotel Santa Cruz
- Galapagos Safari Camp Galapagos Islands/Santa Cruz, Ecuador