“Best Agency For Certification” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Galapagos Underwater Exploration is located in the town of Puerto Baquerizo Moreno the perfect place for your San Cristóbal diving experience. The pacific sea is home to the bountiful wonders of colorful, diverse coral reefs and marine life.All our scuba diving courses and certifications are PADI certified – the most recognized dive training organization in the world. This is your ticket to a lifetime of intrepid adventure and the Galápagos Underwater sets that standards in the global diving community. As a certified PADI diver you will be allowed to dive San Cristóbal and worldwide.
Melbourne, Australia
“Best Agency For Certification”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Previous to arriving, everything I'd read about learning to dive in the Galapagos made it sound difficult due to the high chance of strong currents. However, after just one day of theory, I jumped in the water with Jimbo from Galapagos Underwater and I couldn't have felt safer or more at ease. Jimbo is a fantastic instructor. He's very patient, explains everything clearly and is constantly aware of your safety, all with a permanent smile. The equipment was in great condition and Jimbo is very thorough when it comes to teaching you how everything is to be put together and used. His office is back from the main street but ask around town until you find him or get in touch via email, he's very prompt at responding.
Jimbo is without doubt the best dive instructor in San Cristobal, I can't recommend him highly enough. Thanks for everything Jimbo!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Paris, France
“Certification PADI Open Water”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I passed my certification PADI Open Water with the instructor Jimbo on the Islands Galapagos. This experience was amazing and rewarding, everyone who wants to dive has to pass by this agency ! Professional and funny, you'll spend good time !

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Lansing, Michigan
“Best Experience in Galapagos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I went to Galapagos Underwater to do my open water dives for certification and then do some more advanced dives. Jimbo, the owner and instructor, is a fantastic guide. He is very knowledgeable and very safety oriented.

Of the places I dove with him, I liked the wall outside the harbor a lot and Kicker Rock was great. Jimbo knows these places so well and can show you the coolest things (like Red-lipped Batfish).

Jimbo does most of his booking through email and is very responsive to questions. Do not hesitate to contact him if you want to dive in San Cristobal, Galapagos.

London, United Kingdom
“Good checkup”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We did our dive review with Jimbo after several years of not diving... Everything went well, we had a nice experience. The equipment was nice and worked well. Jimbo cooperates with Galapagos Wreck Diving as well, and sometimes sends his clients on their trips...

Visited October 2013
Galapaguitojim, Propietario at Galapagos Underwater Exploration, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear AmFlob, Thank you very much to give you time to write this review for us.
We enjoyed very much your diving, We have partners working on the island san cristobal, santa cruz and Isabela. Come back to visit anytime. Jimbo
Waterloo, Canada
“Open Water Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I usually don't write very many reviews but I needed to write this one even though I am a little late in posting it. I went to the Galapagos in May and wanted to get my diving certificate so I contacted Jimbo after reading the great reviews here. I was absolutely terrified for my first few dives but Jimbo was an amazing instructor who kept me calm and safe. He eventually gave me the confidence to feel comfortable underwater, which I am sure wasn't an easy task for him. Once I got my certification I went to Kicker Rock for my first certified dive and I was not disappointed. We saw a hammerhead shark and a whole array of other sea life.
Jimbo and his staff, (Alex and Gary) not only made my diving experience a great one they also made my entire trip an amazing adventure. They were all very kind and I spent a lot of time with them even when I wasn't scuba diving. They took me hiking, snorkelling and to the local restaurants for the best food. I am glad to now call them my friends, along with everyone else that I met on the island.
If you plan on getting certified or just doing a dive I highly recommend Galapagos Underwater.

Visited May 2013