“PERFECT !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Reefs
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Galapagos Underwater Exploration is located in the town of Puerto Baquerizo Moreno the perfect place for your San Cristóbal diving experience. The pacific sea is home to the bountiful wonders of colorful, diverse coral reefs and marine life.All our scuba diving courses and certifications are PADI certified – the most recognized dive training organization in the world. This is your ticket to a lifetime of intrepid adventure and the Galápagos Underwater sets that standards in the global diving community. As a certified PADI diver you will be allowed to dive San Cristóbal and worldwide.
Kriens, Switzerland
“PERFECT !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I did my open water padi course with the instructor Jimbo (Jose A. Bravo @ Facebook) in March 2012. It was a great experience. As I have problems with claustrophobia Jimbo needed a little bit more time, to make myself comfortable in diving underwater. He made an excellent job. He was very careful about security and the diving equipment he provided, was from my viewpoint on a very high and new standard. There were "only" 3 persons in the course and he is normally not taking more than up to 4 or 5 divers at the time. The first day was theoretical videos and summaries about what is important for diving. The next 2 days were already diving in the sea where it was not deeper than 5 meters. The last day we had 2 dives down to 20 and 15 meters. It was a great experience. I recommend Jimbo at all levels. He is very reliable. I have so much confidence in him, that I went back in July 2012 with my nice who is 19 years old and she took the open padi course with him too. With his very open and friendly personality he is also able to adjust to any kind of personalities - youngsters and older people like me. We then also finally went diving to "Kicker Rock". We were very lucky that day: We saw "Hammersharks, Galapagos Sharks, White dipped Sharks, Sea Turtles, Sea Lions, Sea Stars, Stingrays, of course a lot of other little fishes I don't remember the names of and last but not least, luckily we saw a little Seahorse" :-). Jimbo took a lot of pictures and made some videos which he copy for us and provided them at no extra cost. THANK YOU VERY MUCH JIMBO !!! I will definitely come back one day to dive with you again. You are the best diving instructor in the world.

Visited July 2012

Los Angeles
6 attraction reviews
“Great, safe diving in Galapagos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Jose Bravo is an excellent dive master and instructor - the saftey precautions and assistance provided for our dives at Kicker Rock (San Cristobal) were just what my husband and I needed to feel comfortable in the water after a 2-yr diving hiatus. Although we encountered poor weather, Jose made the experience very enjoyable, and we still saw a lot of wildlife. He even took photos and videos for us, and provided them to us at no extra cost. This is a solid diving operation in the Galapagos, and we highly recommend!

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Had a blast diving at Kicker Rock! Jimbo, the dive guide was very knowledgeable and took all the necessary safety precautions for the dive. He was extremely patient and made sure I got to see all of what the ocean had to offer that day....saw lots of Galapagos sharks, hammer heads, eagle rays, sea turtles and sea lions!

Visited September 2012
Cali, Colombia
5 attraction reviews
“Completely amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

I never thought I would get to do anything like this in my life. It was so much fun and very beautiful to see all of the sharks and other creatures around. I got some amazing photos sent to me from our dive guide who was very safe to be with.

Visited October 2011
“Once-in-a-lifetime experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

My cousin and I just finished a 2 week visit to San Cristibol and our day out in the water with Sharksguy was amazing and definitely a highlight of the trip. We both are not scuba certified so we did the Discovery dive which allowed us to scuba but with some depth limitations. We really enjoyed it and it allowed us to get comfortable with all the equipment and more importantly gave us a totally different and amazing perspective of the ocean and the crazy beautiful marine life Galapagos has to offer. I'm def getting certified when I get home thanks to this part of the day. We spent the rest of the day snorkeling at different spots including Kicker Rock which was out of this world. So beautiful and so much to see. Sea turtles, sea lions, white tip sharks, a variety of tropical fish and starfish. You also can see blue footed boobies and a variety of birds here too!
The staff and guides were extremely nice and laid back but also were very knowledgable and made sure you felt comfortable and safe throughout the trip. This isn't the easiest thing to do especially when it's your first scuba experience and your swimming so closely with animals that your not familiar with! Dont worry the sharks along with all the other animals you will see are harmless! Staff was also very fun and enthusiastic throughout the trip which was a plus, you could tell they are all happy and passionate about what they do. They also provide lunch which is nice when your out all day on the water:)
Overall I'd say if your visiting the islands this is an excursion/day trip you NEED to optimize on! Definitely something you can't experience anywhere else in the world with any nicer people and the price we felt was right and worth every penny.

Galapaguitojim, Propietario at Galapagos Underwater Exploration, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you Galapagos Underwater Explortion. :D