We decided to book an extra night on San Cristobal at the end our cruise. The hotel had a nice location right on the edge of the main drag in town. It was very clean and a good value. We had a room on the first floor just off the main dining area and were never distrubed by any noise.
We really enjoyed San Cristobal Island as we were able to arrange for a private tour 4 hour tour of the island with a local taxi driver for only $30 (plus a generous tip because he was great). If you are staying on San Cristobal I'd reccomend this hotel for the value.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Opuntia Galapagos Hotel Puerto Baquerizo Moreno
- Casa Opuntia Galapagos Hotel
- Casa Opuntia Galapagos Galapagos Islands/San Cristobal, Ecuador
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Opuntia is a tourist superior hotel, with its 11 cozy rooms is one of the best accommodation on San Cristobal Island. The hotel overlooks the boardwalk and is only a few meters away from Playa de Oro Beach. Casa Opuntia's restaurant features some of San Cristobal's best sea food dishes to be enjoyed surrounded by endemic gardens and perfect ocean views. It has a small swimming pool and an outside bar that are always open to welcome our guests. ... more less