This was our first stop on our Galapagos trip and I discovered quickly that many houses and properties are in a constant state of building- new floors being added or walls being finished. So seeing construction equipment or exposed re-bar isn't necessarily indicative of a bad property.
The hotel is in the midst of adding another floor and the pool seemed to be somewhat under-construction.
Our rooms were fine- one had an ocean view and was a bit nicer than the other. The rooms were simple but comfortable. The AC worked.
What pushes this hotel up above average is that the staff was super-friendly, the food was excellent, and the location superb.
We ate most of our meals here and were impressed for each one- fresh juices, excellent ceviche, as well as simple dishes for our picky kids.
The location is excellent- right above the boardwalk overlooking the harbor. Plenty of places to walk and explore. Sea lions everywhere which was fun to observe.
Not a luxury hotel but a simple place to get some sleep and enjoy the island.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Opuntia is a tourist superior hotel, with its 13 cozy rooms is one of the best accommodation on San Cristobal Island. The hotel overlooks the boardwalk and is only a few meters away from Playa de Oro Beach. Casa Opuntia's restaurant features some of San Cristobal's best sea food dishes to be enjoyed surrounded by endemic gardens and perfect ocean views. It has a small swimming pool and an outside bar that are always open to welcome our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Odigeo so you can book your Casa Opuntia Galapagos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Opuntia Galapagos Hotel Puerto Baquerizo Moreno
- Casa Opuntia Galapagos Galapagos Islands/San Cristobal, Ecuador