“paradise in the galapagos” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Floreana Lava Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Floreana
Floreana Lava Lodge
You added Floreana Lava Lodge to your Saves list
Via a la Loberia, Ecuador   |
Special Offer
Galapagos Land Specials
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winterswijk
“paradise in the galapagos”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

All the positive reviews stated herunder are true. Staying at the Floreana lodge, in the little cabins is one of the best landexperiences in the Galapagos. Also the nights, with a clear sky, are beyond believe. One can see the entire milkyway and for us, northern guys, we can see the Big Bear hanging upside down in heaven. It is also possible watching the Southern cross (during the night). The story of the Floreana inhibitants (the docter & his wife, the baroness, the Wittmers) is also very spectacular and it's a good thing that there 's a museum to be opened at the Wittmers place. Ofcourse there's wildlife & the tortoises.. All & all an unforgettable explercience. thanks to the guide(s) & ofcourse the very kind and helpful staff of the Floreana cabins (wonderful cook !!!!!)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mendon, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

The rooms are little cabins set in a spectacular location overlooking the ocean. It is a short walk to kayaking, snorkeling or swimming. The breakfast at the lodge was delicious and located outside with a view of the ocean. The stay here was a wonderful way to see Floreana, meet the friendly people of the island and see the stunning landscape and wildlife from the mountains down to the ocean.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This place made me the most nervous before coming, and when I got there all my fears were laid to rest. This was the best place I stayed during my 10 day stay. The cabins are very quant and peaceful. there was scuba diving under a mile away where my son swam with giant tortoises, sting ray and hammerhead sharks. The walk over was over lava rocks and thru a small mangrove. We ate at someones home where they made a table for the group and cooked fresh tuna. That evening we sat in the wooden chairs and watched the stars and listened to the ocean. I would definately recommend this place, I only wish I could have stayed here longer.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

This place is rustic, but exactly what we were expecting the Galápagos to be and so charming we wished we'd stayed longer. All the rooms are twin, but my boyfriend and I didn't mind as we drifted off to sleep listening to the sea and the sea lions. Breakfast was lovely - great setting obviously as all the lodges and the breakfast area are just up from the shore, and delicious. The Cruise family are wonderful and really added to the magic of our trip there. Dinner was at Lelia's restaurant. Make sure you also have coffee or passion fruit juice at the "coffee shop and pizzeria" (another of the Cruise clan's).

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

After a week on a dive boat I decided to stay on land for a week, taking in Santa Cruz, Floreana and Isabela as part of a guided tour. It is to my regret that we only spent 24 hours on Floreana as it was by far and away my favourite island. It's unspoiled and the wildlife both on land and below the water was amazing even by Galapagos standards.

The lodge is basic but it has everything you need. The huts are small but clean and have everything you need in them, including a proper hot shower. However its the location that is killer - right on the water. I sat on my porch at 7am with a yellow warbler on the arm of my chair while watching seemingly endless turtles surface in the bay outside. I'd go back tomorrow if I could!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Anyone who is lucky enough to set foot on Floreana, and even luckier to stay over night at this simple but little piece of perfection should count their blessings. You are in the Galapagos and any complaints about bugs, sea crossings, heat or discomfort are, well frankly, irrelevant and par for the course. I feel so blessed I just returned from 11 days in Ecuador and five in the Galapagos. My goal is to return to Floreana. The rooms are clean and perfectly fine, small cabins with safes, air conditioning, fans, and all the neccessities. The view is ten stars. It is not my preference to tour with groups (even small ones) so taking dinner and breakfast as a group was but a small price to pay for an experience like this. I wish we had had one more night here. The baby sea lion beach and snorkeling with giant sea turtles is just down the beach. The food prepared for both meals was simple and perfect, our wonderful guides even brought over some wine for dinner. It is my understanding that these land based tours (thank you Red Mangrove) are helping ease some local resentment over all of the tourism dollars all spent on boats and rarely coming ashore. I hope Floreana stays just as it is.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

This lodge is fun fun fun. We stayed in 5 stars hotels worldwide. But we truly appreciate the simplicity of the lodge and are grateful for the locals to welcome tourists in their unspoiled island. A gem.

• Stayed June 2013
tropiceco, Manager at Floreana Lava Lodge, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at Floreana with us. Your review is exactly what we are expecting our guests to live: the old Galapagos way of life, where the islanders life style is appreciated and shared.

Been to Floreana Lava Lodge? Share your experiences!