“Fantastic, INCREDIBLE, Wonderful, Exciting, Fabulous!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Baltra
Malibu, California
“Fantastic, INCREDIBLE, Wonderful, Exciting, Fabulous!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This is the first review I have ever written for Trip Advisor because I feel compelled to shout from my home in Southern California....TIP TOP IV blew my mind! We bid on the trip at a charity auction and didn't realize that there was an expiration date of Dec 2013 so we booked trip in a week and left the day after Thanksgiving! I had no way to prepare so therefore I had no preconceived expectations! My husband was not able to get away from work so I brought along a girlfriend, packed a bag of shorts, tee shirts, hats and tons of sunscreen and opened my heart up for an incredible journey!

The boat was spectacular! I grew up on boats so I noticed how impeccably clean and well taken care of Tip Top IV was! Crew was professional and so incredibly kind and gracious! Our group was just 12 so the trip felt like a private tour of the Galapagos!!! The FOOD...OMG, it was delicious at every meal! The chef , Fernando, is FANTASTIC! A couple of our passengers had special dietary restrictions which were easily addressed with dignity and privacy for the passenger.

All of our excursions were spectacular and were lead by a fantastic tour guide and his assistants. They answered all of our questions with a smile and a wealth of information and made each day at each island an adventure!

We were able to easily photograph all the top sites and animals with ease. We brought two cameras, one with a huge lens and one palm size Canon Sure Shot with HD which turned out to be the BEST camera as lugging the big one turned out to be a pain and I am not a professional anyway. That little, palm sized Canon took video of the Blue Footed Boobies, sea lions, gulls and marine iguana resting on a rock while we circled it in our kayak, was worthy of spot on National Geographic. We also swam with penguins, ran with dolphins on the zodiacs, sat watching flamingos for an hour, walked on the red sandy beach with 30 or more sea lions and saw the iconic tortoises up close and personal. REALLY! It was an experience of a life time!

I highly HIGHLY recommend Tip Top IV to any one!! was a fantastic trip and one I will remember forever!

Visited November 2013

West Orange, New Jersey
“Tip Top II”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I joined a Tip Top ii cruise already in progress back in February of 2013. The leader, a German woman named Angelika was incredibly knowledgable and welcoming. She always took our group to each place before the "crowds" came, and she imparted so much information every time. The boat was well run, the food delicious, and everything first class (bearing in mind that it is a small boat and the purpose of the trip is to SEE the Galapagos and the wildlife). It is only a 16 person boat, so you do get personalized attention and service, and just a wonderful, wonderful experience.

Visited February 2013
Norfolk, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
“Just a fabulous holiday of a lifetime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is the 15 day Galapagos Islands Cruise aboard Tip Top IV, through Galapagos Travel.

I joined this vessel in Baltra, Galapagos, in May 2013. 16 passengers and 8 crew. Our guide/expert was Martin Martinez and excellent support was provided by author, photographer and field guide Daniel Fitter. A fifteen day trip during which they made sure we saw everything.

Alarm at 5.30, breakfast at 6.00 ashore by 6.45. Two - three hour exploration, back on board around 10.00. Snorkelling for Bambis and Rambos or an hour. Lunch at 12.00 then a whole two hours to yourself. Back on the small boats or snorkelling again by 2.30. Another two - three hour exploration then back on board for dinner, debriefing and lecture.

Everyone was sound asleep by 8.30pm.

Alarm at 5.30 ..... do it all again at a different location, and again, and again, and again.

I swam with marine iguanas, turtles, seals, sea lions, penguins, morays, white tipped sharks, rays, massive rays, penguins, pelicans, all sorts of animals and birds came right up to me. Many played with me and even bit into my camera.

All the time Daniel and Martin were there, making sure we got to see the best of everything, safely.

Same ashore. Rigid adherence to the rules, but just by standing in the right spot and not interfereing birds, iguanas, seals all the wildlife came right to us, so much so that we had to be very careful how we moved away.

I have been very fortunate in my life to have travelled to many, many exotic locations, including Antarctica, The North Pole, much of South America, China, Australia, New Zealand. I could go on, but I'm sure you get the point. This Galapagos trip, courtesy of these two guys was probably the travel highlight of my life.

Booked through Galapagos Travel, this 15 day vacation with Martin and Daniel as guides is an absolute must.

(Food is not the greatest, cabins are not luxurious, but the memories ..... fabulous.)

Visited May 2013