“Our Favorite” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Ecuadorean
ROUND ROCK
“Our Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our favorite in Cotacachi.! We found Veraneante about 1 hour after our feet touched ground in Cotacachi. And it remains our favorite restaurant. It has a strong expat following as well as a strong local clientele. The new (and permenant) location is 3 1/2 blocks south of Leather Street on Perdro Moncayo.
Darwin's chicken sandwich draws the praise of many expats. We, personally, recommend a bowl of soup and one of guacamole, avocado stuffed with tuna or the ceviche.

Visited March 2013

Houston, Texas
“a surprising gem tucked away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was was originally put off by the look of table cloths whenever I passed by - thinking it must be too expensive for my budget. However, when a friend told me it was not like that, I decided to try it. What a lovely surprise! The food was wonderful, the service was friendly and the bill did not crash my budget. It's a quiet restaurant with a classy feel that draws locals and travelers alike. If you are walking about town during the lunch hour, give it a try. You will be glad you did.

Visited July 2013
Cotacachi, Ecuador
“Yummy : Ecuadorian Foodie”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Excellent Ecuadorian food and were the locals go for fine dinning. Cost is more than standard local restaurants but well worth it. During our trip we ate there twice. I highly recommend the sea bass which was broiled and crispy on the outside and moist inside no bones! I had 4 large pieces which was more than I could eat. It comes with French fries and salad for around $10. The other dish I had was the garlic shrimp which was also excellent and not what I expected. The shrimp comes in a little bowl with a creamy sauce. We ordered a side of rice which you can mix in the bowl with the shrimp and also dip your French fries in which was to die for delicious. All meals come with generous portions of green salad and sides of potato salad and fries. This is not for anyone wanting low carbs. However all the walking easily burns off all the calories so splurge and try it. You can also order soup but watch out the servings are large and they do not understand the concept of just a cup of soup. I tried the avocado & tomato soup which was served steamy hot just the way I like it! The soup was rich and creamy with little slices do avocado on top. The other soup I tried was the potato and cheese soup which was also excellent. My husband tried the mushroom soup but we both agreed that it was not as good as we expected. They have a full service bar but we either had bottled water or beer. All meals start off with a little bowl of popcorn, salsa and plantain chips to munch on while you wait for your meal.

Visited June 2013
Utopia, NB
“Wow dessert first!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

We ordered our supper and much to our surprise sliced apples a beautiful chocolate dripping on top came first. What a nice addition to our meal. The meal was excellent and the chef takes pride in his presentation as well as quality of his food! Everything was fresh. Will go back again.

Visited March 2013
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Delightful and Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I had several meals here during our recent stay in Cotacachi. The chef is amazing and his soups are the highlights of each meal. His wife usually serves the patrons and is extremely cordial. My husband is fluent in Spanish and was able to converse at length with this lovely couple. The food is superb and the prices are extremely reasonable. We highly recommend Veraneante Restaurant to everyone who either lives or visits the beautiful town of Cotacachi. It is a gem!

• Visited February 2013