Unfortunately, I was disappointed by this hotel experience. The gardens are pretty and the customer service was good (very attentive) but the hotel is VERY overpriced for what you get, especially by Ecuador standards - the prices are comparable to a NYC hotel - the food was OK at best (two meals a day included in price), and the location is not great. Some nice touches but overdone in terms of formality (peacocks roaming the grounds) - you really do not get the local flavor here - just hanging out w. a few other Americans. I'm not sure why the guidebooks recommend it so highly, frankly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Mirage is a contemporary resort built on the grounds of a 200-year-old hacienda. Wander through the extraordinary fragrant hummingbird-filled gardens, watching peacocks strolling by. Enjoy delightful regional and international cuisine. Relax in the unique and elegant spa for a variety of 11 different treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your La Mirage Garden Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Mirage Garden Hotel Cotacachi
- La Mirage Garden Hotel And Spa
- La Mirage Garden Hotel & Spa Ecuador/Cotacachi