“little hidden treasure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Cuadra Hostal

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cotacachi
La Cuadra Hostal
You added La Cuadra Hostal to your Saves list
Modesto Penaherrera 11-46, Cotacachi EC100305, Ecuador   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Cotacachi B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Nassau, New Providence Island
“little hidden treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

May was second trip to this hotel and I will be back again soon. Jario and his staff is very helpful and friendly. I have gotten service beyond my expectation. For a small place, so people may think you get bad service. But I have stayed in 5 star establishments and I get better service at La Cuadra. Jario makes you feel at home like your are part of the family. I say think you again

Peggy

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Nassau, New Providence Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

My mother and my other half and I stayed for 5 days in January. It was a little cool at but nice. were from the Bahmas so we consider 65 degrees to be cold. we enjoyed he friend service and out rooms very much. it was resonablly price and very clean. we will be back soon Jairo

Room Tip: rooms on south side
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stayed at Hostal La Cuadra for five days in early May, 2012. The Hostal was very clean and the service was wonderful. I cannot say enough positive about Jairo the proprietor; he made my trip to Cotacachi a success.

When I was planning my trip Jairo helped me make reservations and set up very reliable transportation from Quito. Whenever I needed assistance with booking a local tour or arranging transportation somewhere or finding the best places to eat, Jairo was there to give wonderful advice. He speaks very fluent English.

But Jairo failed me on one item. When I booked my reservation six weeks in advance, Jairo guaranteed it would not rain during my visit to Cotacachi. 2012 was an unusually rainy year in the Cotacachi area. It rained half my days in town, although for only a few hours, usually in the evening. As Jairo later admitted, his influence with the Rain Gods isn't very reliable.

The cost of staying at La Cuadra was extremely reasonable.

Room Tip: Best to get a room not fronting the main street in front of the Hostal.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Guelph, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed for 10 days in March. We chose La Cuadra for our first visit to Cotacachi because of reviews we had read about this hostel. We found the hostel lived up to all the reviews as the room was kept very clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful at all times. The location is excellent as you close to the central square and within walking distance of everything you need like restaurants and the markets. We did not use the kitchen area but alot of people were using it and it was also kept very clean. We went up to the roof top terrace to get some excellent pictures of the landscape of the area. Jairo the general manager speaks excellent English and was very helpful in setting us up with a great taxi driver ( Eban - Ivan) to take us both ways from Quito and for several tours we took while in the area. We would definetly return to La Cuadra when we go back Cotacachi in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Owensboro, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I stayed at La Cuadra in March. La Cuadra is located half a block from the central park in Cotacachi, at just about the center of everything interesting in town. It is the ideal place to launch an exploratory search of the north part of the country. It is impecably clean and housed in a building which is only three years old, so it has the basic characteristics of modern construction in Ecuador. It is a spartan, no frills very economical home away from home. Its owner, Jairo is extremely helpful and a source of very useful information about the town, the province, the country, the local customs, and the expat life. Jairo has a very friendly staff. He speaks fluent english and is always ready to help his guests, who come from many countries. The community no-extra-charge kitchen is a nice money-saving touch. The fourth floor terrace to enjoy the beautiful view of the surrounding mountains and the excelent wireless internet service complement an all around nice explerience. We enjoyed very much our stay and will definetely return to La Cuadra when we come back to this wonderful country.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Cotacachi, Ecuador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

This was my first visit to Cotacachi and I chose La Cuadra both because of a personal recommendation as well as the reviews here. I wasn't disappointed. The rooms were very clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and the shared kitchen/dining/living room made getting to know others very easy. The owner, Jairo, is very fluent in English and went over and above what I would normally expect from someone in his position. He actually loaded up my many suitcases and drove them and me to my new apartment where he unloaded them and carried them directly to my living room. He expected nothing for it--that's just part of the fabulous service you can expect at La Cuadra.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back of the hostal. the rooms in the front can be a bit noisier
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Carbondale, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

This is the second time we have satyed at La Cuadra and it was even better this time as we felt more at home. The full kitchen is great and helps with that residential feel if you are staying a while. Jairo, the owner, is a very good host and is more than helpful especially if you don't have a good command of Spanish. He can arrange a tour to the indigenous villages around Cotacachi and Otovalo, which I highly recommend, arrange a taxi for your departure and get your laundry done. We are moving to Cotacachi next year and we will definately stay here on various trips down.

Room Tip: If you are notused to the noise of Ecuador try a room off the street first and then move to one of t...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to La Cuadra Hostal? Share your experiences!