“Just what I wanted” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 29 Hotels in Opatija
Lund
“Just what I wanted”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2009

I spent many hours on the Internet looking for the right hotel. I wanted something close to the ocean, close to the city center, somewhat small, clean, quiet, great service, free Internet access, room service, laundry service and air condition. I got it all and then some.

Our room was clean, spacious, cool and quiet . The bathroom can be described in a similar way. Housekeeping did a great job. The front desk did their upmost to make us feel at home and really enjoy our holiday. Breakfast was served from 7 – 10 and during our stay the restaurant was never over crowded. The breakfast selection was good, though they could add some more fruit and vegetables.

The photos of the hotel I found on the internet described the hotel well. It was neither fancier nor more run down. We parked our car in the garage under 4 Opatijska Cvijeta. It was a bit more expensive than parking on the street, but highly recommended. The (SPA) Pool area at 4 Opatijska Cvijeta was included. The Pool was of medium size, a bit shallow. Sun beds both indoors and outdoors. The SPA treatments were not included. I would have preferred it the gym was included as well.

The hotel was a small comfortable gem, the front desk made it extraordinary.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2008

We stayed at the Agava in August this year and found the hotel to be very nicely renovated and updated to even North American standards. "Most" of the staff were very pleasant and accommodating.

We were travelling with our two children ages 4 and 6 and booked a breakfast and dinner package. On the first evening when we arrived to the dinner buffet and were looking at the buffet I heard behind me "Don't touch!" being directed at my children who were at my side looking at the salad bar. We were very disappointed with one of the waiters' attitude towards families with children.

Most evenings we would order wine or sparkling water, one night we wanted plain tap water but were advised, again by the same waiter, that we could not have tap water, that it was unsafe to drink. We did not argue, but knew from other waiters in that hotel and in other restaurants that the tap water was just fine to drink.

We also had a disapointing situation booking a tour through the hotel. We booked and paid for a tour to Venice Italy. The morning of the tour, we up early and waiting for the tour bus to pick us up at 6:00 am. Not an easy task with small children. We waited at the designated location for a 45 minutes before we returned to the hotel and were advised that the person who took the reservation had not properly confirmed the tour with the tour company. There was no offers to "make it right" or compensation for our inconvenience.

Aside from the unpleasant waiter in the restaurant and the mix up with our tour the stay was nice and despite all my complaining would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — location, newly renovated, spacious room,
  • Stayed August 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2007

I stayed here as part of a tour.

The rooms were of a good size with a good bathroom (shower no bath) all the fittings were of a good standard and looked new.

My room was on the side of the hotel and quiet, but some other people travelling on my tour coudl here noise from the nearby club. (though this did finish quite earky in the evening).

The staff were very friendly.

There was a large buffet spread for breakfast.

The hotel is in a convenient location situated in the main st.

• Stayed May 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Agava? Share your experiences!