“This place is the W of Atlantic Highlands!” 5 of 5 stars

You added Blue Bay Inn to your Saves list
Blue Bay Inn
51 First Avenue, near Sandy Hook, Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716   |
Freehold, New Jersey
“This place is the W of Atlantic Highlands!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

The service is amazing! People are so nice and the rooms are spectacular. We were in town for a little getaway and took advantage of their Spring Package, where we got a $75 gift card to copper canyon and a late checkout along with champagne. The staff took care of us like we were really special. They made the reservation for us on a Saturday night which they never take at the restaurant which was a great perk. They brought in our luggage, had a very refreshing complimentary drink in the lobby and the staff all knew our names. The room was spotless and the sheets were top notch. Sure, atlantic highlands doesn't have a TON to do, but we made a great two nights out of it. Dinner and a movie one night and walked the trails and took the ferry into the city the next day. Such a great local spot that feels like a real vacation! Highly recommended!!! We travel to the city all of the time, but this hotel and this restaurant belong in the city! Both spectacular!!!

• Stayed May 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Radnor, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

When the staff found out we were staying there to attend our son's wedding on the Jersey shore they put a complimentary bottle of champagne on ice and two champagne flutes in our room. When we were sitting outside on the patio with friends a server from the restaurant came out with ice water for everyone even though the restaurant wasn't open at the time. The staff is friendly, helpful and accommodating, with excellent recommendations for everything from restaurants to hair salons. The Inn does not serve breakfast but it offers complimentary coffee and tea in the lobby every morning, and there are many good breakfast places literally steps from the Inn. Our room was pleasantly spacious, clean and comfortable, and included a dry sink, mini fridge, a desk and two easy chairs. A charming place--highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Jenner, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

On the weekend of May 11, 2012. we stayed at the inn for a wedding. Flo helped make it a special experience. She was very helpful and nice. She pointed our all the points of interest around the area, which we enjoyed visiting very much.
Gail J

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I spent three comfortable nights at this hotel recently while on a business trip. I regret that I didn't visit their restaurant because I would arrive too late every night from the office. However, the rooms were large with new, modern furnishings and fixtures, and felt like a 4-star hotel. The staff was beyond friendly and were always helpful. The wifi was free and easily accessible including from the very fun sports bar across the street. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: You should definitely check out the bar across the street and the one down the street by the ferry l...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

My profession takes myself all over the U.S., and the World, and i frequently stay in all sorts of hotels but never had the pleasure of staying in one such as the Blue Bay Inn. " Beautiful". I've stayed at this establishment more then one time. The hotel is not really set up for a person that requires a business center (fax,copy machine,) as such. But there is a employee that makes everything happen in a positive matter to make sure that you are taken care of with all your needs while i was away from home. This individual name is Flo. I had the pleasure of meeting Flo approximately 3yrs., and i found her to be a, "Professional as what she does as a representative of this establishment." There is more then one time i came into the Blue Bay Inn so tired, Flo would be working, and greets you with a smile. She goes out of her way to make sure my needs are handled. Flo is a, "TOUCH OF CLASS!!" Keep it up the good work Flo .She Is a great asset to this hotel, and i thank you.

Room Tip: If Flo is working tell her what you want, and she will meet your needs. She is very knowledgeable of...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
roebling
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Since we were attending a birthday party in the area, we opted to stay at the Blue Bay Inn. The desk clerk was very helpful in terms of getting us checked in. We opted for a room in the rear of the building to avoid any noise from First street. This worked out well. Our room was clean and comfortable with a nice view of Sandy Hook Bay from our balcony. Since our last trip to Atlantic Highlands, the town has upscaled several of the shops and the stroll along main street.

Room Tip: If you stay at the Blue Bay Inn, take a short stroll to the marina when the fishing boats return. Y...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Mexico, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Back in October 2011, I was working in Atlantic Highlands NJ. I stayed at the Blue Bay Inn for one month. The hotel is not set up for the business traveler, no business center, fax machine or copy machine..no desk in the room. I met Flo my first day there, she was so helpful and friendly. Over the course of my stay she changed my room several times each time upgrading so I finally had a desk to work on. On many occasions she would fax my reports for me and make copies, sometimes over the period of two to three hours never complaining, always with a smile. On the days I was too tired to go out to eat, she would call and order for me at the Copper Kettle next door. At night when I was a little homesick I would go downstairs and we would chat about our wonderful grandchildren. It's not easy working away from home, sometimes away for months and I can only hope there is another Flo out there, but I doubt it, she is one of a kind and the Blue Bay Inn is lucky to have her.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Blue Bay Inn? Share your experiences!