“FLO WAS VERY HELPFUL AND KIND; SHE WAS A PLEASURE” 4 of 5 stars

You added Blue Bay Inn to your Saves list
Blue Bay Inn
51 First Avenue, near Sandy Hook, Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716   |
Jenner, California
“FLO WAS VERY HELPFUL AND KIND; SHE WAS A PLEASURE”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

On the weekend of May 11, 2012. we stayed at the inn for a wedding. Flo helped make it a special experience. She was very helpful and nice. She pointed our all the points of interest around the area, which we enjoyed visiting very much.
Gail J

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I spent three comfortable nights at this hotel recently while on a business trip. I regret that I didn't visit their restaurant because I would arrive too late every night from the office. However, the rooms were large with new, modern furnishings and fixtures, and felt like a 4-star hotel. The staff was beyond friendly and were always helpful. The wifi was free and easily accessible including from the very fun sports bar across the street. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: You should definitely check out the bar across the street and the one down the street by the ferry l...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

My profession takes myself all over the U.S., and the World, and i frequently stay in all sorts of hotels but never had the pleasure of staying in one such as the Blue Bay Inn. " Beautiful". I've stayed at this establishment more then one time. The hotel is not really set up for a person that requires a business center (fax,copy machine,) as such. But there is a employee that makes everything happen in a positive matter to make sure that you are taken care of with all your needs while i was away from home. This individual name is Flo. I had the pleasure of meeting Flo approximately 3yrs., and i found her to be a, "Professional as what she does as a representative of this establishment." There is more then one time i came into the Blue Bay Inn so tired, Flo would be working, and greets you with a smile. She goes out of her way to make sure my needs are handled. Flo is a, "TOUCH OF CLASS!!" Keep it up the good work Flo .She Is a great asset to this hotel, and i thank you.

Room Tip: If Flo is working tell her what you want, and she will meet your needs. She is very knowledgeable of...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
roebling
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Since we were attending a birthday party in the area, we opted to stay at the Blue Bay Inn. The desk clerk was very helpful in terms of getting us checked in. We opted for a room in the rear of the building to avoid any noise from First street. This worked out well. Our room was clean and comfortable with a nice view of Sandy Hook Bay from our balcony. Since our last trip to Atlantic Highlands, the town has upscaled several of the shops and the stroll along main street.

Room Tip: If you stay at the Blue Bay Inn, take a short stroll to the marina when the fishing boats return. Y...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Mexico, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Back in October 2011, I was working in Atlantic Highlands NJ. I stayed at the Blue Bay Inn for one month. The hotel is not set up for the business traveler, no business center, fax machine or copy machine..no desk in the room. I met Flo my first day there, she was so helpful and friendly. Over the course of my stay she changed my room several times each time upgrading so I finally had a desk to work on. On many occasions she would fax my reports for me and make copies, sometimes over the period of two to three hours never complaining, always with a smile. On the days I was too tired to go out to eat, she would call and order for me at the Copper Kettle next door. At night when I was a little homesick I would go downstairs and we would chat about our wonderful grandchildren. It's not easy working away from home, sometimes away for months and I can only hope there is another Flo out there, but I doubt it, she is one of a kind and the Blue Bay Inn is lucky to have her.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

I paid $209 for a room, it is kind of high, but most of the hotels in the area were sold out, so I wouldn't call it so overpriced( I mean another review). There are nice places to eat around, hotel is clean and quiet.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
No. VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011 via mobile

We stayed for the weekend recently and were surprised by how little his hotel had to offer. Other reviewers have noted that there is no valet or room service, and that's unfortunately still true. More disappointing is the attitude of the front desk personnel when we checked in and the conditions of the rooms. We stayed in a parlor king, which was tiny and cramped. There is a light on the porch that shines directly into the room and cannot b turned off, so good luck getting some sleep. Additionally, the hot water in the shower is warm at best and when asked about having it checked, no improvement was made. For $300 a night, you can do much better elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2011

Been to Blue Bay Inn? Share your experiences!