“Excellent fishing experience and impeccable service” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
“Excellent fishing experience and impeccable service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014 via mobile

I have chartered with Capt Dave and his crew every year for at least 10 years. Quite frankly, I do not understand some of the negative comments. Capt Dave has always worked hard to locate fish, and the crew works hard baiting hooks, untangling lines, and netting or gaffing fish. They have an extreme amount of patience with the novice fishermen in my group and teach them as well as provide quality service. Capt Dave and his crew are also quite entertaining and keep us laughing the entire trip. The boat is very clean and well maintained by this professional and proud crew. I highly recommend this boat and crew.

Visited July 2014

Princeton, New Jersey
“Another Great Trip on the Capt. Dave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2014

I had a great time today on the Capt Dave. We fished in The Navesink River and Raritan Bay. The weather was great and the views were spectactular. Everyone on board had a great time. The boat was immaculate, the tackle was fine and the mates were very attentive. I am looking foward to our next trip.
Bob

Visited October 2014
New Jersey
“Fishing should be relaxing with fresh air”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2014

Both mates were smoking all day while walking around the boat helping people, which definitely polluted the fresh air. Patrons should not have to breath in the smoke from the mates. The mates should go up onto the top deck to smoke.

Boat was crowded. Captain and Crew had different rules for the regulars vs. the non-regulars. Would definitely choose a different boat next time.

Visited September 2014
Fairfield, New Jersey
“Good fishing experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The Captain Dave was a clean roomy boat. The boat, poles and tackle were in really good condition. The captain is a little strict with the rules but nothing crazy. The mates were very good and were on top of everyone that pulled in a fish or had tangles. I recommend using them.

Visited September 2013
Manville, New Jersey
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Just as said in the other bad reviews capt started the day at 6:45 yelling at me like a child should not be talked to. Because afterthe mates loaded all of our stuff I started to climb down the ladder to get on the boat. Then excuse me of being the first one that would try to sue him if I fell I've been on many boats chartered or party and never ever have seen a captain act in this manner.judging by the drastic difference in reviews here this man must be bipolar hope you don't catch him on a bad day

Visited June 2014