“The Suite Life” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trump Taj Mahal

Save Saved
You added Trump Taj Mahal to your Saves list
Trump Taj Mahal
4.0 of 5 Resort   |   1000 Boardwalk at Virginia Ave, Atlantic City, NJ 08401   |
Ranked #12 of 60 hotels in Atlantic City
Westbury, New York
“The Suite Life”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2010

My Wife and I just returned from a weekend stay at the Trump Taj Mahal. We stayed in a Grand Suite. We had a great experience and we are looking forward to staying there again. The Grand Suites are located in the older Taj Tower (not the newer Chairman Tower). Don’t let the fact that the suite is in the older tower deter you. The rooms were in excellent condition. We had a corner suite (room number 3533) that overlooked to ocean, Boardwalk and Steel Pier.
Before I describe the room, I have read other reviews that knocked the service and the attitudes here, nothing could be father than the truth in my opinion. I would like to take a moment to thank all the wonderful employees at the Taj. Everyone from the woman who was so patient with me when I made and changed may reservation several times, to the front desk clerk I spoke to confirming the reservation, to the staff at check in and all the service people who always had a kind word and a smile. The bartenders were great as were the dealers on the casino floor and their bosses who took time with us to explain certain games we were interested in. We were treated as one would expect from such a property. Thank you all.
The suite was large, clean and comfortable. The bed was just right and I miss the sheets already. Yes there was a mirrored ceiling over the bed, which I won’t lie was different :) Large bathroom, with a private area for the toilet and the stand up shower had 3 heads. There is another restroom off the livingroom near the entrance. The bedroom had a jacuzzi tub which was very nice and we used often. Mimosas in the tub is a great way to start the day! With the blinds closed the room is completely dark, so if you have a late night that morning sun won’t get to you. There were large flat panel TV’s in both the bedroom and the livingroom with all the basic channels.
The living room is large. We had our friends over and there was plenty of room for all of us. You have a good size refrigerator which was nice. There is a futon-like couch which was different but comfortable a regular couch which could open to a bed and two chairs which together was the size of a love seat. In all a very nice setup. We had a corner suit which I loved because it was very quiet. It was located next to a service elevator which you heard on occasion but minimal noise at bet. No complaints.
We did not use room service nor did we eat in any of the restaurants, which all looked good. We went to the Hard Rock (one of our favorites) a few times and we made our way over to the House of Blues for lunch via the walkway that connects the Taj to the Showboat. The main concourse was nice to walk around and window shop, there are stores and places to grab a bite everywhere. The casino was the largest I had ever scene and while we did not do well we still enjoyed ourselves. The only negative about the casino that I can think of was the cocktail service. I did notice several ladies hurrying about, so they were present and working hard, but were never approached (even while seated at table games for awhile). One reason I can think of is that there was a blizzard the night we were there (about 8 inches fell) which may have had something to do with staffing.
Final notes if you are a non-smoker, you will notice smoke in and around the casino. However it was not as bad as I had expected it to be. You will be able to find areas where you will be free from smoke, again you just notice it while passing through or past the smoking areas. Everyone seemed to respect the non-smoking signed in the smoke free areas. We forgot to check out the pool, which I wanted to see, sorry and we did not use the spa. We used the self parking which was $10 for the whole weekend. Also for nightlife, we went next door to Resorts to the Boogie Nights club and had a blast. I left a post on it in the forum if interested. Photos soon to come.
If considering the Taj, I highly recommend it. I am happy to answer any questions, feel free to send me a message if you like. Good Luck.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
TrumpTajMahal, Quality Assurance at Trump Taj Mahal, responded to this review, February 17, 2010
Valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing the Trump Taj Mahal. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

1,701 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2010

We decided to step out on a non-football weekend and take Trump up on his comp'd room and free slot play(we hadn't been to the casino in 3 years). i fully expected to be herded into an understaffed line with the other cheapskates.. instead I got the royal treatment. Sure we dumped 10 times the room value at the racebook and the restaurants but they didn't know that would happen. The room was perfect, the beds were sooo comfortable and a nice, updated flat screen allowed me to watch my last few pathetic wagers in comfort. Next time we can get away I'll come down and gladly pay for it.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

Love the view and the room hotel was really clean and cool.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

ocean city, md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

My girlfriend and I along with another couple stayed in room 8717 in the new chairman's tower for a two night getaway. The room was fantastic and could not have one single compliant. Don't believe any negative reviews from anyone who stayed in the chairmans tower. We had a one bedroom suite. The room and living area was very very big. Beautiful bathroom which was also plenty big. There is also a half bathroom. The view is great, the service was fantastic, and the rooms were new, modern, and clean. There was no iron or ironing board in the room which came to my surprise, however, I called to the front desk and they delivered the requested items in less than five minutes.

Overall, hotel staff were very very polite. With such a large hotel/casino, there thousands of employees. With a staff that large, there can always be one bad apple. One of the cocktail waitresses was very rude to us while we played blackjack. The floor manager took notice to this, and immediately provided us with an $80 food/beverage coupon to use at the hotel. We didnt even request any compensation.

As far as the casino goes, it is above average in terms of cleaniness. I use to stay at the Tropicanna, and now would not even consider staying there. Trump Taj is where I will continue to stay.

I cant say much about the rates because I have never had to pay for a room due to gaining free comp rooms from blackjack. This leads me to believe the hotel is provides alot of free comp rooms. I never go in the summer, and prefer the off season, which is when most of the free comps are readily available.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Delaware
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2010

Spent 2 days at Taj during a convention.

The check in was fast and the oceanfront Chairman room was nice. Great shower and quiet area of the hotel.

Enjoyed the resturants and the beverage service on the casino floor. Poker room was great and easy to get settled into a game. Room service was one of the best I have had in Atlantic City.

Biggest negative I found was on the last night was I stood up from the slot machine I was playing to look over and answer my friend. A man who was sitting on the slots behind me not playing just hanging out for drinks jumped up and hit my payout and grabbed my Ticket. He then ran out of the area.

Called the security guard over but she was not very helped and said nothing she could do.

Normally we stay on the marina side to avoid the beggers and problems in the casino.

So I lost $25 and learned a lesson....don't leave your seat or take your ticket....but security really does care about the regular customers. She really just didn't care. Glad it wasn't the bigger ticket I had just placed in my wallet to start over again.

Would I recomment the hotel well yes but not to a solo female traveler.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing the Taj Mahal. We would like to apologize for your unpleasant experience. We would be happy to review and research your concerns. Please reach out to us at trip.advisor@trump.com.
New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2010

Spent a Sunday night in January with my wife at the Taj Mahal and could not be happier with the experience (except for the fact that I was not very successful at Blackjack). We got a room in the Chairman Tower. The beds were really comfortable and the bathroom was huge and new. We ate at four different (typically overpriced) restaurants in the hotel...Dynasty and Plate were both incredibly good, The Rim was just ok and the (comped) breakfast buffet was fine. Spent some time reading around the pool which was very pleasant and had Mrs. Fields cookies and (really good and not expensive) french fries from a restaurant entitiled 'Burger' for snacks. What was most impressive about the hotel was the service. From the dealers to the front desk, the pit bosses to the restaurant wait staffs, everyone was unbelievably friendly and helpful. (Although we do gamble, neither my wife nor I could be considered big gamblers, and yet this was not a consideration in the way we were treated. Okay, I did not get the free comped Chairman Tower Suite and limo service I requested after losing $100 at Blackjack...which I guess is understandable.) It was really such a pleasant experience that we would definitely look to return to the hotel.

Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

My husband and I spent one night at Trump Taj Mahal in September 2009. We stayed in a king room in the Chairman Tower. We enjoyed the stay so much that we returned for a night in late December, this time with my parents and brother.

I had been to Atlantic City several times over the last ten years and always preferred the Borgata, until now. Taj has really stepped up its game with their remodeling. Our suite in the Chairman Tower was fabulous! It looks just like the website. Maybe even better, since our room was a corner room this time and was even larger than we expected. The suites are immaculately clean, the beds are extremely comfortable, there are an abundance of towels.. You feel very luxurious stepping into your suite. It makes it hard to leave!
We have eaten twice at Plate and have found the food to be good quality.
We also had a meal at the Indian restaurant, which was not worth the money.
The casino was a little dead in late Dec, but I still found action in the poker room. We also enjoyed shopping at the outlets.

Overall, if you are looking for a luxurious stay in Atlantic City- don't feel that the Borgata is your only option. I really recommend a Chairman Tower Suite at the Taj!

• Stayed December 2009
TrumpTajMahal, Qualtiy Assurance at Trump Taj Mahal, responded to this review, January 20, 2010

Trump Taj Mahal

Been to Trump Taj Mahal? Share your experiences!